The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"N-nothing to be s-sorry about," Skye said with a smile. "E-everyone's alive, the b-bad guy, erm, g-girl got caught, and n-nobody i-important e-even got h-hurt."

"I guess you're right. It could have been a lot worse," said Hope with a small smile.

"Lead the way then ." Said Red ."I'm right behind you ."

-----------------------------

For once , Glen was genuinely happy. He finally had a friend . "you are my pal crowley.... that's awesome . I could not think of a better ... anything better ."

*Keeps on taking boxes to basement, until the mess of boxes upstairs was gone*

That's all the ones upstairs. I have a couple more back at my house. When I say that, I do mean a couple more. So I'll be back soon

*Disappears*

"There y-you go. Y-you're smiling a-again!"

-------------------------

Melody headed out towards the main room. "Glen, uh, Glens? Are you out here?"

Crowley chuckled. "I'm sure you'd prefer a beautiful woman for company as opposed to an assassin who looks like he was spawned from Hell. In all seriousness, yes it is nice to have friends you can trust."

"Well , I'm here ." Said Prime Glen."The other went on to check on this guy named crowley.Why , you needed to tell him something?"

--------------------

"Don't say that, you are a nice guy in your own right , and I'll be Darned if someone said otherwise . Beside , it's always those who don't looks like it at first that make the best friends ." Said Glen.

"Well, I'm supposed to , but I'm not that great.... But I do know you deserve some more credit . If I were a girl, I would kiss you , haha , but I won't do that. You'd break my neck shortly after."

"Wise peoples always lead to wise choices, my friend ."

"Well if you ever want to come back to the lab Skye you're always welcome. I just hope things won't be as eventful. Speaking of which, would you mind if I stayed with you tonight Shadow, just while my room is sweeped for bombs and the like."

"Sure thing Hope. Guess I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight," he replied.

"I guess that is one way of looking at it. I think I heard Melody calling for both of you," said Crowley.

"T-thank's Hope. I'll t-try not t-to bring disaster w-with me n-next time."

------------------------------

Melody tried to answer Glen but her voice stammered slightly, as it always did when addressing new people. Even though this Glen wasn't exactly 'new'.

"I need to... tell you both... something... but I'll... start by telling you.... I'm sorry... I made such a.... scene and that I.... wanted to eviscerate you."

"Obviously i-it knew I-I was coming a-and decided to w-wait."

Skye gave a broad grin that he'd managed to cheer Hope up. Excusing himself, he walked over to a sink while peeling off his bandage and had a look at the wound. It seemed to be small and out of sight, even if it had been deeper than he'd though. But all he needed to do was wash the blood out of his fur and there'd be no evidence. He grabbed a cloth and got to work.

Rouge waited for Skye to finish and walked over. "Well I'll say I'm impressed. Most kids your age would forget about that when trying to cover up an injury. You need a hand?"

"T-thank's Auntie Rouge. Though i-it's not the f-first time, but t-that was b-because Mother d-didn't l-like obvious i-injures at the d-dinner table. I t-think I've got it t-though, unless there's m-more blood o-on my b-back."

"There's a little. Let me get it for you hon." Rouge grabbed some tissue and wet it in the sink, beforing dabbing it to remove the last of the blood. "There, you look good as new."

"That's g-great. T-thank's again," said Skye as he began to dry himself with a towel, carefully to avoid reopening the wound. "Are y-you going t-to be c-coming back w-with me o-or will y-you stay here?"

"The threat of sabotage has passed so we're back on holiday and coming back. I'm just glad we caught her so quickly. Crowley might disappear for a bit to interrogate the saboteur but that's it."

"That's g-good," Skye grinned, "And I-I hope Crowley d-doesn't hold b-back. W-what she d-did to Hope was u-unforgivable." Skye blinked, his grin faded and, had they not been hidden by the cap, his ears drooped. "H-huh boy."

"You're starting to sound like Shadow when he's angry. Except he doesn't grin," joked Rouge.