BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

Being as the next sonic comic comes out in stores tomorow, I don't think the mega man comics should be too far behind, hopefully :)

I'm really grateful that they upload the megaman comics here too. Sonic and megaman are some of my two favourite video game series and my local comic book store doesnt sell either of them anymore. :( So this is a good place where I love to come and read!

And also makes the crossover make SOO MUCH MORE SENSE.

Mega Man issue 30 was pretty good, in my opinion.

Bad news time: MM#31 won't be coming until.....December 25? At least, according to what I've heard.

I just did a check around, and yes, there will be a delay, but I didn't find much specifics about how long

Glad I have the iPad app for an emergency like this.

And moderator, may you pin this thread? Thanks.

Well, if there's a delay for the comic coming out altogether, wouldn't that mean a delay for the app too?

Um…you might be right. I can still use my funds on TWEWY: Solo Remix.

And they said this was a monthly series…

EDIT: No, it's available on the app. And it's awesome! Call me if you want spoilers!

Never thought I'd say that…

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Looks like there hasn't been a post on the cover or variant of the upcoming Issue #34 (Into The Shadows/Mega Man X) yet, so here you go:

MegaManArchieC034.jpgMegaManArchieC034VTextless.jpg

No solicitation yet, from what I can find. Anyway, my thoughts on Blackout (Parts 1&2): So far, so good. I'm liking the sense of real danger due to the heroes' lack of resources, and seeing the good ol' Robot Masters (well, some of them at least) facing their MM2 counterparts is also fun to watch. As someone who hasn't seen anything related to 'Super Adventure Rockman' before this arc, I'm loving every second of it. Another aspect I liked was the Wily-RMs teaming up with the heroes, as well as Break Man (who continues to be 'mysterious' to Mega Man). I haven't gotten around to reading Issuen #31 yet, but I have seen some previews.

Is that .... IS THAT ... what I happen to think is it on the second cover of the spoiler ? If so, I might be enjoying it even more.

I certainly recognise it from somewhere and I don't have a lot to do with Megaman aside from the comics. Which makes it more interesting

So, who's seen The Day Of Sigma yet?

I saw it not too long ago, and I thought it was pretty good (even if they did change a certain doctor's fate). It's part of what got me interested in the X series.

So, will the MMX story take place prior or during Day of Sigma? Still no solicits?

Sorry, still no solicits. However, I did find an IGN interview with Ian Flynn and Paul Kaminski concerning the MMX side-story. This is a small portion of it:

IGN: Is your [Mega Man X series] set in the continuity of the games?

Flynn: Absolutely. Our first stories take place in the months before the first game, setting things up for Sigma’s revolution.

Kaminski: First and foremost, we are respectful to the Mega Man franchise -- and that goes for both classic and X. The stories are all set within the game universe. Fans of the games will see the world they know and love – and readers looking for more will find that we elaborate on some characters and locations here or there to flesh out the story in a way that's interesting to read in the comic. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

So, to answer your question... It sounds like it'll start sometime just before Day of Sigma.

So, in the games, X and Rock are different characters, but prior to the X series, what happened to Rock?

So, in the games, X and Rock are different characters, but prior to the X series, what happened to Rock?

Well, to be honest... there still hasn't been an official answer for that, even to this day. It's just one of gaming's great mysteries...

So , since someone OBVIOUSLY never played megaman Zero , Here is a short explanation : Megaman probably became an elf , a little program that can be installed in any reploid , and that gives said Reploid power and capacities .

So, Rock is to J.A.R.V.I.S. as the Reploid is to Tony Stark.

Not really .... how could I explain that ? You shoul try to play that game , or at least read the manual . It says a lot about the reploid and the elf .

I think the "elf" is X after his body is destroyed.

Or Rock could go Maverick, or die or even…

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for. Allow me to present... the official variant cover and solicitation for Mega Man Issue 34!

1313222_ful.jpg

MEGA MAN #34

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

This is it! The issue every Mega-fan has been demanding! The debut of Mega Man X! But first, in 'Shadow of the Moon' Part One: Mega Man joins a research team seeking the truth behind Dr. Wily and Ra Moon. But how far will they get when Shadow Man goes on the attack? Then, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X! Featuring pencils by the returning Mega Man art legend Patrick 'Spaz' Spaziante! The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here, featuring an exclusive Mega Man X variant cover by superstar artist Ben Bates!

Wait... did that end part mention a 'next big mega-crossover'? Huh, looks like Mega Man might be meeting his future counterpart sometime soon...

(Quint slowly steps forward) No, not you! The other future counterpart! We won't be seeing you for a while.