BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

I thought Hornet Man would be a Honey Woman, because in the earlier concept she was a woman, but as we can see in StH 250, it's a Man.

I recall learning that, during Mega Man 9's production, Hornet Man and Splash Woman were supposed to be opposite genders from what we know them as now. Sometime later in development, they were switched, resulting in the Hornet Man and Splash Woman we know nowadays. I'm still not sure why it was changed, though...

I recall learning that, during Mega Man 9's production, Hornet Man and Splash Woman were supposed to be opposite genders from what we know them as now. Sometime later in development, they were switched, resulting in the Hornet Man and Splash Woman we know nowadays. I'm still not sure why it was changed, though...

Could be that...a male mermaid? Sounds and looks a little bit weird.

I would love it, if there is a Honey Woman in the Archie Comics. In the artworks she looks so cute and sweet.

Edited by Centaur Man

Here are details http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2012/12/17/concepts-unearthed-the-beginnings-of-mega-man-9#more-19590

I'm propably a minority here, but is anybody bothered that almost all females is Mega Man look human? Main bosses in Mega Man X look like animals, over time Air Man type Robot Masters became more popular that standard looking ones like Quick Man, but you never see females like them. This is especially obvious with Plum who could be easily mistaken for human while both Chest and Ribot have met like faces.

I have my copy of MM #35! :D My thoughts will come later.

Okay, time for my thoughts on #35!

This comics a lot better than I thought it would be! It is definitely one of my favourite Mega man comics. I really like the scene with Break Man and Tempo and FINALLY! SOMEONE TOLD HIM THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS PAST! Thank you Dr Lalinde! the small argument between Dr's Light and Cossack made me laugh XD Oh, and we can't forget when Mega Man gave pharaoh man and plant man heart attacks XD Aw, and Pharaoh man showed his shy side again! The scene with Rock and roll at the end was really heart warming too

Okay, now for the X story, honestly, the whole X story is boring so far... Yeah, the fight with Zero in this part was cool, but it was only 1 panel! I will be more happier once the crossover starts since you-know-who is returning since #21

Final scores

Main Story: 9/10

Secondary story: 5.5/10

Remember, this is my opinion, so don't start getting angry abut how low I scored the X story

Edited by Pearl98

To get everyone more excited for the crossover, we have penciled previews! :D

MMX01.jpg

MMX02.jpg

MMX03.jpg

Um... I posted the pics this morning... oh well. Hm... they might be emerald spears, but their uniform doesn't look like that (I think)

Um... I posted the pics this morning... oh well. Hm... they might be emerald spears, but their uniform doesn't look like that (I think)

Well are there any humans in the X universe or in the classic universe who are against robots? I don't think so that these humans are prisoners from a jail...

So I finally got to read Issue #35, and I have to say... what an issue it was! MM's trek through the ruins was a nice conclusion to the Ra Moon arc, but I didn't really feel like that was the part that people will remember about this issue. No, the big part here was definately the confrontation between Blues/Break Man and Tempo/Quake Woman. I've always wondered what it would be like for these two characters with similar backgrounds to finally meet, and it didn't disappoint. I think what really sold it for me was when Blues finally snapped (with added symbolism to boot), and Dr. Lalinde ended the argument, for her own reasons. Easily one of the best MM issues so far!

As for the MMX side-story... well, I found it to be the same as the story with Mega Man; a good distraction and build-up to the upcoming 'X-Over' (really, Ian?), but nothing more. I'm interested to see what'll happen next issue with Dr. Wily's trial. (Oh, and yet more alternate endings next time! ...Yeah, I'm not really excited for that.)

As Nega mention the break man and quake woman was definetly more focused.

The x side story was also interesting.

The X story has one mistake... True fans might notice it : Sigma should not have the purple scars on his eyes! They should be there only after X's fight with him in the rocket base. Shown in the movie of Maverick Hunter X for PSP. In the comic it showed that X was not even part of maverick hunters yet.

Edited by NMS

Yes and No. You see Mega Man Maverick Hunter X was meant to be reboot for the series, but it wasn't popular enough to get sequels. One good proof is that it seems that Cain dies at the end of that movie, even though he appears in future games. In that version Cain also seems to be forced to be connected with some kind of robotic chair to survive. You may remember that Zero damaged Sigma's face during his their battle shown in MMX4. Before MMMHX it was implied that Zero was the one that gave him scars. Ian Flynn admitted that MMX universe is complicated and confusing, so while he will stick to original as close as possible, there will be changes.

Ian Flynn admitted that MMX universe is complicated and confusing, so while he will stick to original as close as possible, there will be changes.

I can admit that. It's really confusing because my focus is on the classic serie and now the Crossover with the X Universe. Will be a problem für my Wikia to see all the little eastereggs in the Crossover. I don't even know all the net Robot Master from the X serie...

But I wonder how Flynn will solve the problem between Classic and X what is happening with Mega Man, Bass and all the other robots in the age of 20XX.

Yes and No. You see Mega Man Maverick Hunter X was meant to be reboot for the series, but it wasn't popular enough to get sequels. One good proof is that it seems that Cain dies at the end of that movie, even though he appears in future games. In that version Cain also seems to be forced to be connected with some kind of robotic chair to survive. You may remember that Zero damaged Sigma's face during his their battle shown in MMX4. Before MMMHX it was implied that Zero was the one that gave him scars. Ian Flynn admitted that MMX universe is complicated and confusing, so while he will stick to original as close as possible, there will be changes.

Really?I Didn't know that, But it was better than zero doing it in MMX4. I only played MMMaverickHunterX And from MMX5 to MMX8.

Do you think Ramoon is really dead? I still have doubt. All this Megaman X story is confusing, yet wanna see a Sigma as a maverick hunter VS the starter of everything Zero... If i'm not again wrong, Zero was the one who made Sigma go Maverick, Right?

Do you think Ramoon is really dead? I still have doubt. All this Megaman X story is confusing, yet wanna see a Sigma as a maverick hunter VS the starter of everything Zero... If i'm not again wrong, Zero was the one who made Sigma go Maverick, Right?

Yeah I really think so, but his "children" or his "child" the Stardroidleader Sunstar is comming (MM #32). It could be that he reactivates Ra Moon, but Mega Man has a plenty more bossenermies, so I think for the first time Ra Moon is not the big problem anymore.

Zero has the Maverick Virus (because Wily wants to have the ultimative fighter - like Bass), but as Zero was awakening, the Virus "don't work" on him and he was spread over some other Marverick Hunters and of course Sigma too, because as you can see in the game X3 or X4 Sigma was fighting against Zero. In this fight the Virus was going from Zero to Sigma (see the scene in MM#35). Sigma could handle it as a secret in a bunch of time to get the trust of X and the humans.

It's a really complexe story. I hope Ian Flynn will explain it in a better way that the games and I can do.

Here the first four pages of MM36 as the previews of the new comic:

MM36Page1.PNGMM36Page2.PNG

MM36Page3.PNGMM36Page4.PNG

I love when Shadow man runs away, Top Man's like "Okay... bye?" XD Definitely sounds like what I'd say if I was there XD

Also, I think robot master wise, these will happen next issue or the next few issues

Ever since #37's non-coloured panels were shown, I wondered why Pharaoh Man and Bright Man were with Mega man instead of one of the originals, now I understand, my guess is that all 8 originals are staying back at the city in case the Mega man 3 robot masters attack again, or the mega Man 2 robot masters, as Mega man, Bright Man and Pharaoh Man are going after them.

Um... I would post some pics, but they're not loading for some reason...

To everyone that wants to see Phoenix Wright...

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1159

Edited by Pearl98

Rejoice! For I am here with the covers and solicitation for Issue #39: The penultimate part of the 'Dawn of X' crossover-of-sorts!

1347310_ful.jpg1347309_ful.jpg

MEGA MAN #39: (W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The epic Dawn of X crossover reaches its penultimate chapter, and things are heating up in both Past and Future! 'A Hint of Things to Come', Part Three: Mega Man, Pharaoh Man and Bright Man-trapped and at the mercy of a long lost Wily Weapon! Can Dr. Light find a way to stop it, or is this the end of Mega Man's story? And what will robot-hating Xander do in a future filled with reploids? Featuring all-new cover art from the legendary Patrick 'Spaz' Spaziante and a 32-Bit-style cut scene variant from mega-artist Ryan Jampole!

Aside from Xander's little trip through time, it looks like this'll likely just be a 'past-affects-the-future' storyline, which I'm okay with. What are your thoughts, guys?

Nooo! Not Mega man, Pharoah man and Bright Man! D: Not them! Time for originals to take the spotlight again? :D Seriously, they had very little appearance in Worlds Collide, and other than that, they haven't been together full team since MM #12! Can't wait for the covers!

Nooo! Not Mega man, Pharoah man and Bright Man! D: Not them! Time for originals to take the spotlight again? :D Seriously, they had very little appearance in Worlds Collide, and other than that, they haven't been together full team since MM #12! Can't wait for the covers!

I'm sure that the originals will have major roles to play soon, just not yet. Perhaps the 'Mega Man 3' arc will bring them in for more than just the final battle, especially with the 'Mega Man 2' Robot Masters still around. Until then, I'm interested to see what Bright Man brings to the table, aside from more foreshadowing to 'Mega Man 4'.

While I'm still waiting for Sonic to come back on its feet, Mega Man comics are getting better and better. I mean at first I thought that this is going to be very simple comic with simple characters (this one is big but stupid! This one makes puns!) and just running across video game levels (fight with bubble thing in MM6-7 being main offender). But now it really feels as if comic was more character driven and almost turns bright silly robots into excuse for talking about morality and stuff.

Dont get me wrong I want fights, villains and explosions it takes more to make a really good comic book.

One thing bugs me though: In last issue Flash Man said that he learned to "spare individual targets". Except that during Blackout we've seen that his power works more like laser that area effect like in games. Whats weirder is that "Quick Man insisted". You could argue that he didnt want to freeze his allies as well, a) in games all of them except for Quick Man b ) that is a bad strategy c) If he's not the only one to be stopped by it then why Quick Man has problem with Time Stopper? In games he took damage from it but we saw that not case in comic.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane_PL

I'm sure that the originals will have major roles to play soon, just not yet. Perhaps the 'Mega Man 3' arc will bring them in for more than just the final battle, especially with the 'Mega Man 2' Robot Masters still around. Until then, I'm interested to see what Bright Man brings to the table, aside from more foreshadowing to 'Mega Man 4'.

I know they'll probably have a major role in the MM3 arc, but who'll save Mega Man, Pharaoh Man and Bright Man? I would love to see something like MM #12 again, since thats my favourite issue. Unless Dr. Light sends Gamma and Doc Robot, or Dr Wily sends his robot masters and they then back stab Dr. Light, but like I said, the originals suit better for this.

I'm also excited to see Bright Man, since I like all the electrical robot masters, plus it's about time he appears outside of a cameo, I was really happy to see him in the non-coloured previews for #37, but seriously, when is he going to appear without Pharaoh Man? I'm not saying thats a bad thing.