Sonic the Hedgehog (IDW comic)

36 posts in this topic

Posted

She's only been in a single issue and Tangle is already fantastic.

Posted

My only negative comment on issue 4:

What happened to our villain the talking chair?

Posted

My only negative comment on issue 4:

What happened to our villain the talking chair?

I imagine we'll get back to him in an issue or two. Playing the long game and such.

Posted

Rough and Tumble are my new favorites, they're everything team rocket wants to be.

Uhm, technically Team Rocket got much better in Sun & Moon (in my opinion) But eh, those two were cool. Too bad they left such a bland memory. Well for now at least. Who knows they might get better. Also I DO hope our newest heroine will be sarcastic.

Posted

I've read all the 4 issues, and so far, things are just fiiiiine... BUT I have some complaints.

The art is great. Except for issue 3 (Jennifer Hernandez has drawn WAY BETTER pages than these, what happened?). The rest looked awesome, making the characters slightly manga-ish. Great coloring too.

As for the script... meh. Character interactions were on-spot, they feel like their game couterparts, even better. Ian is still making a pretty good job on that. 
But the storyline... it's just "Sonic goes to a town, meets a friend, they save the town, THE END". I haven't felt invested in the story. I know these have been just the first episodes, and were trying to appeal to a broad audience, including those that don't know these characters. But yet... I feel this could have been better. 

Oh, and the action scenes... WOW, Outstanding. Sad thing is that most fight were against badniks (we knew the heroes would obliterate), and Rough and Tumble were not a big deal to me. Fun guys, hope to see more of them. 
Tangle is cool looking, and her powers seem to have a lot of potential to be used in fight scenes. 

Looking forward to see more of this new series. And hope this doesn't end up becoming just another way of advertising the games...

1 person likes this

Posted

Tangle is definitely a neato character. She leaves a good impression for the first heroic non-game character in this new continuity. I would love to see how her tail would work in one of the games.

As for Rough and Tumble, their ok. I do love their showmanship attitude. Like the hooligans they can be formidable but their not exactly brainy.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you think about it, her tail stretches and can grab onto things. The Avatar character could grapple things. If the comics become advertisement for the games then we could potentially see Tangle with a play style similar to that of the Avatar, sans Wispons.

Posted

Is it just me or does Tangle's tail have the ability to expand indefinitely?

Posted

Is it just me or does Tangle's tail have the ability to expand indefinitely?

I think there IS a limit. Unless this goes into DBZ territory like Nyobo staff in which case, yes. It can.

Posted

Did I hear someone say reused Sonic Unleashed content? 

Posted

Did I hear someone say reused Sonic Unleashed content? 

Oh no.....

Ian you're better than this!