Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

Sonic X (Comic Series)

22 posts in this topic

Sonic_logo.jpg

This is the general topic for discussing new and old issues of Sonic X comic series. Everything about it, not deserving its own topic, should go here, but feel free to create a separate one if you think something you want to discuss deserves it, or is not directly related to any of the series.

Edited by Shadow

It was kind of weird how the Sonic X comic series didn't begin with the actual arrival of Sonic and his friends in Station Square.

Random question. Which robotnik do you think is the basest of the bad? Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Eggman, or Both?

Depends, let's go over the positive points of them within the comics.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik:

-Ruled mobius for several years

-Robotized most of the population

-Was the cause of the Great War

-Smart enough to betray the whole planet, leading into his victory.

-Made the original (and still the best) Metal Sonic

Dr. Eggman:

-Was basically invincible/undefeatable because he was a robot who could switch between bodies, resulting that he would never be gone. However, aliens ruined it. Aliens.

-Continued the robotizing part, also ruined by aliens. A.L.I.E.N.S.

-Unleashed many ''gods of destructions'' onto the planet, including Shadow, Chaos, Biolizard, A.D.A.M and more.

-Made alot of Metal Sonic, though most of the time they failed.

-Even when the Xorda attacked and the planet was doomed to vanish, still continued on with his evil schemes.

I can't think of more currently because I'm in a bit of a hurry, but this should note the most different things between them.

I hate aliens.

1 person likes this

Eggman roboticzing his own family and happily watching millions die in his Egg Grapes was probably one of the darkest moments of Eggman for me.

For a good comparison, you could read the issue where they appear together. Don't remember which one it was, but it was interesting to see them together.

For me, Robotnik has the edge for being able to fully roboticise most of a planet, whereas in Eggman's old world he only partially roboticised some of the Mobians including Sonic and the freedom fighters. If Robotnik and Eggman were in a fight without Shadowbots or Swatbots to help, I would say Robotnik would win

For me, Robotnik has the edge for being able to fully roboticise most of a planet, whereas in Eggman's old world he only partially roboticised some of the Mobians including Sonic and the freedom fighters. If Robotnik and Eggman were in a fight without Shadowbots or Swatbots to help, I would say Robotnik would win

Actually:

1. The Ro-butt Ro-butt-nik in StH#19 is a different one than the one in #22.

2. Ro-butt-nik's universe and the Eggster's used to be one until a diversion point sometime before StH#21. (So that means that NICOLE got to the Prime Zone by dimension travel, not time travel.)

3. Sonic stated that the Eggster is "ten times more evil" than Ro-butt-nik.

So, technically, there was one original Ro-butt-nik, but along with the rest of the universe, he split into the now deceased Ro-butt-nik and the Eggster.

So, technically, there was one original Ro-butt-nik, but along with the rest of the universe, he split into the now deceased Ro-butt-nik and the Eggster.

I guess that makes sense too

Guys

didn't Shadow say that this is for discussion for the Sonic X comics?

One of my favorite comics of the Sonic X series was when Sonic and Eggman swapped minds. That was great.

Ditto! And when I saw Eggman pee himself after seeing the multiple clones of Sonic, I just laughed!

Actually, this is better:

"Cannon, you be hereby promoted to captain. You go down with the ship!"

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Every issue feels just like an episode of its own...

You noticed it to right.

And it's been confirmed that SEGA don't want the Sonic X comic reprinted.

So at the mo it's rather dead.

Why? Sonic X was and I think it's still fairly popular. There are vocal fans who hate it with all their heart, but Sonic fans hate everything anyways.

I will never understand SEGA.

Ian gave a detailed reason for why SEGA don't want it reprinted. I've quoted it exactly, formatting included, and it's spoilered for size.

"NO IDEA."

I'd say it was because SEGA view it as irrelevant. It hasn't been part of the active franchise since the comic ended half a decade ago.

Wish they could bring these back... My childhoon right here with the tv show.

Ian said that they would in a future arc in sonic universe but thanks to the reboot I highly don't think they'll ever come back since all dimension except the nobody care dimension where blaze's can from.

Edited by Blue Comet

Sonic X was made non-cannon anyway so I doubt it would've shown up anyway

To be fair though, ...I honestly think Flynn could still find a way to pull it off. Yeah without the Cosmic Interstate and Blaze's other dimension being the only place to be seen, it will definitely be difficult.

On the other hand: Blaze HAS another dimension. Her existence in this as a parallel to Sonic, rather than a cat from the future with Silver like in Sonic '06, proves that Flynn CAN make Dimensional travel still exist. Plus, minus the actual human characters like Chris, both worlds are almost alike enough (In that both have done the Sonic Games in their story before, even if in Sonic X's case it was only two) to be considered an alternate universe or even timeline.

Sonic X was made non-cannon anyway so I doubt it would've shown up anyway

Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides that last issue, wasn't Sonic X ALWAYS non-canon? If so, then that didn't stop them from making that last issue of it canon if only for a small reason.

Now will Flynn actually do it? ...Well, that depends on him, and considering everything that's happened, I doubt it he will. But creatively speaking, I believe it IS possible, even if he's got to pull some kind of creative technicality.

I'll say this though: If I was a betting man, I'd call that he'll take whatever he planned for the Sonic Universe arc involving Sonic X, and use it on Sonic Boom.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides that last issue, wasn't Sonic X ALWAYS non-canon?

I have no idea. I thought it was at some point but I'm more inclined to believe you than myself

The real question is how if Sega won't allow him to use element from sonic x how will he be able to make an arc with the X universe I mean it took almost 20 years before cream was allow in the comics I mean Silver, Blaze, and Omega were introduce before here it last I check.

Cream (2002)

Silver (2006)

Blaze (2005)

Omega (2004)

Hows that fair.

did anyone else think... that compared to Sonic X anime/cartoon.. (whichever because I'm calling it anime since I watched it in japanese xD) the comic itself showed much less... emotion? also.. I myself didn't think the jokes in the comics worked as well as they did in the anime... o_o I mean.. am I the only one who thought so?