Katmuffin

Christmas role-play?

1048 posts in this topic

"Whoa, hold on, guys" Amy said, standing between G and Myra (because that's where Skye's voice came from). "We have to stick together if we want to succeed. You know that thing about “united we stand, divided we fall”? I know it sounds soooo clichéd, but it usually works." she stated, trying to calm down Skye and G.

"I know, that was what I was trying to say!" said Skye, sounding a little upset.

"Well it's backfiring by the looks of it." Myra replied.

G was clearly sick of all the talk. He walked up to Peggy and held out a key and piece of paper. "That is my address. Could you go and look after my dad while we are on our mission" requested G calmly waiting for Peggy's answer.

"I just don;t trust him," said Skye quietly so only Myra and Amy would hear.

"Oh, Ok." Peggy replied, a little disappointed she wouldn't be coming, and took the paper and the key.

"You only have to trust him enough to do the mission." Myra replied.

Edited by Katmuffin

"Peggy. After our date you have earned my trust. I wouldn't ask anyone to do this if I didn't know they could handle it. My dad is all I have right now so to me his safety is very important. Your task is more important to me then anyone else's" said G sounding very sympathetic and honest but only Peggy and maybe Skye could hear him.

Peggy smiled, "That was awfully sweet, I'll watch out for your dad, as long as his son returns safe and sound." She replied speaking softly to match G's tone.

"I know, but even that might be to much given his current emotional state," said Skye.

"You're probably right, but telling him that is out of the question, so that rest of us should just act like a buffer, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Myra replied.

"I'll try my best to come back" said G as he winked to Peggy. He walked to Myra and held out his phone. "Kid can you move to my phone. I want to talk to you one on one" said G.

"I suppose you are right," Skye acknowledged to Myra before G came over.  "I... would rather not..." he replied to G, clearly scared.

Boulder climbed into the van. "What they talking about?"

"Don't know." Replied Techno 

G heard what Skye said and clenched his fist behind his back. "Then the mission is canceled!" Declared G as he put his phone away and started to walk away.

"What!?" Myra exclaimed, "Why?"

"G?" Peggy asked, "I don't think that was a good reason to cancel the mission."

"There is no point in doing the mission if there is fear involved. The kid was clearly scared so the mission was jeopardized. My dad always taught me that if you are in a team then fear is forbidden. The only way any team can work together is through respect. And respect must be earned. It doesn't matter if you hate someone or if you trust and love someone. If you don't respect them then your teamwork will not work out. That is why I canceled the mission even though it means my chance of finding my mother is gone" said G to Peggy after briefly stopping then continued walking away.

Edited by Geoffrey St John

Amy took G's arm before he continued walking away.

"And where's YOUR respect to us?!" she asked.

"Listen, I don't know what your father taught to you, but I'm sure he would know that introducing into an enemy's base is something worth fearing, moreover if you're young... Like Skye seems to be.

And I'm also sure that, if your dad had a chance like this to find out ANY information about your mother, he wouldn't waste it, just like you're about to do!" the pink hedgehog said, clearly upset. "So, if you're the leader, you'll lead, and won't run away like a coward. We'll take all we've got, and will do our best." 

G snatched his arm free from Amy's trip and turned to her.  "YOU have no right to lecture me like that! I may hate you and your team but I respect your skills in battle. And fear of the mission is fine but fear of a team mate is not!" Declared G loudly before walking away again.

"Really, you expect on our first crack at being a team you expect fear to be non-exsistant. It sounds like your dad has nice ideals, but you need to give everybody a chance to learn how to work to achieve those ideals. All of us need time too learn." Peggy called after G.

"Huh...thanks for the respect, I guess...

But if you don't want to be feared, talking like that won't help." Amy said, with a serious face, and looking into G's eyes.

"Peggy is right. If you want trust and respect, first you'll have to give us a chance"

G stopped when he heard Peggy then he reached into his jacket pocket. He took out a pen and paper. He wrote "The mission is not happening if there is no respect in there is no team. You want to do the mission then find that respect. We are all in this place right now let's go about with our lives and learn about each other. Well you all will. I know all I need to know. The kid has great skill with machinery, Myra has a power which is highly defensive, Boulder's brute strength is used well, Techno does what ever be needs to very effectively, Peggy can fix anything if needed and Amy has excellent fighting ability. All those are things I respect. So there isn't anyone here I do not respect. Can any of you say the same thing?" G dropped the paper and ran round the corner and away before anyone could stop him. And once he was far away enough he took out his phone and called Peggy's auto shop.

(I'm assuming G called the business line and not her cell.)

Peggy heard her office phone ringing and sighed, "The timing of these things." She went back to her shop, once inside she picked up the phone, "This is Peggy's auto, how can I help?"

"What just happened?" Myra asked.

Amy sighed, as she lost eye contact with G.

"Oh... Alright, if he wants to leave that badly, I'm not running after him."

Then she looked at the rest of the team, asking

"W-when did you meet that guy? Where? And most important of all, what's wrong with him?"