Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Actually Shard is a possibility for returning. While the power gem is from an old story it was originally from the metal Sonic that fought Knuckles and his chaotix on Angel island. And that story was actually adapted from the fame Knuckles Chaotix. Meanibg the power gem is from a game and possibly usable in the new continuity.

But the power gems aren't in the Knuckles Chaotix game, just the comic adaptation. You might be thinking of the Chaos Rings.

The other issue is that Shard, despite constantly switching between being called 'Metal' or 'Mecha', was still the original Metal Sonic. And with SEGA's "only one Metal Sonic" mandate, Shard can't be associated with his origins at all.

Even if you were to use the alternative option ("Oh, just make him Mecha Sonic or an older Silver Sonic instead", for example) it wouldn't make Shard... well, Shard.

Basically, without the things necessary for his origin (Metal Sonic) or his personality (the Power Gem), there's no real way to bring Shard back. The closest we can get would just be a robot hedgehog calling itself 'Shard'.

Actually Shard is a possibility for returning. While the power gem is from an old story it was originally from the metal Sonic that fought Knuckles and his chaotix on Angel island. And that story was actually adapted from the fame Knuckles Chaotix. Meanibg the power gem is from a game and possibly usable in the new continuity.

But the power gems aren't in the Knuckles Chaotix game, just the comic adaptation. You might be thinking of the Chaos Rings.

The other issue is that Shard, despite constantly switching between being called 'Metal' or 'Mecha', was still the original Metal Sonic. And with SEGA's "only one Metal Sonic" mandate, Shard can't be associated with his origins at all.

Even if you were to use the alternative option ("Oh, just make him Mecha Sonic or an older Silver Sonic instead", for example) it wouldn't make Shard... well, Shard.

Basically, without the things necessary for his origin (Metal Sonic) or his personality (the Power Gem), there's no real way to bring Shard back. The closest we can get would just be a robot hedgehog calling itself 'Shard'.

sadly true. man these mandates and stuff are ticking me off.

Oh hey! Look! Cover reveals!

latest?cb=20160115180922latest?cb=20160115181024

SONIC and friends get into some BIG TROUBLE in “Panic in the Sky” Part One: Sonic’s Freedom Fighters are finally ready to restore the planet! Unless, of course, someone does even more damage! Cue: the evil Dr. Eggman (of course)! He has a plan of his own and strikes first! The mad doctor launches a multi-pronged assault that will leave you speechless-everything has been building up to this moment! The final chapter to the Shattered World Saga begins here! Featuring the first of four EPIC connecting covers by mega-talent Dan Schoening and an “Evil Win” variant by the wonderful Lamar Wells!

Okay! So another 4part comic thing. Not that it matters to me so much since I probably won't own them ;P But still cool

And we seem to have Gemerl and Nack there... and that other purple guy who I think was in one of the Eggman arc covers right? I still think he's...

Thrash the Tasmanian devil

But I could be wrong

Oh hey! Look! Cover reveals!

Hidden Content

SONIC and friends get into some BIG TROUBLE in “Panic in the Sky” Part One: Sonic’s Freedom Fighters are finally ready to restore the planet! Unless, of course, someone does even more damage! Cue: the evil Dr. Eggman (of course)! He has a plan of his own and strikes first! The mad doctor launches a multi-pronged assault that will leave you speechless-everything has been building up to this moment! The final chapter to the Shattered World Saga begins here! Featuring the first of four EPIC connecting covers by mega-talent Dan Schoening and an “Evil Win” variant by the wonderful Lamar Wells!

Okay! So another 4part comic thing. Not that it matters to me so much since I probably won't own them ;P But still cool

And we seem to have Gemerl and Nack there... and that other purple guy who I think was in one of the Eggman arc covers right? I still think he's...

Hidden Content

But I could be wrong

sadly i think you are. unless that waiting for license thing means anything it's highly unlikely. If it is thrash his new redesign is probably revenge on ken penders.

He was a Flynn creation though... and some bad guys made by him made it through. Looks at Mordred Hood for instance

And I really don't think if it was it would be anything to do with Penders

He was a Flynn creation though... and some bad guys made by him made it through. Looks at Mordred Hood for instance

And I really don't think if it was it would be anything to do with Penders

wait thrash was an ian flynn character? gosh dang it i really need to find out who makes these characters. also i'm kind of backing out of my earlier statement. i'm no expert but that looks more like a wolf then a Tasmanian devil.It would be nice to see him come back though since i'm not just realizing he's a flynn character.

Edited by teamrandom21

Rule of thumb between Penders characters and Flynns characters. If it first appeared before issue 160, it's a Penders character. If after, it's a Flynn character. This doesn't count the other writers, it's just a general thing

Thrash was a very late show in the comics

Rule of thumb between Penders characters and Flynns characters. If it first appeared before issue 160, it's a Penders character. If after, it's a Flynn character. This doesn't count the other writers, it's just a general thing

what about sonic universe? And i don't think mina is a penders characters, in fact heck, i don't know who created her.

Sonic Universe didn;t start till after Flynn took over.

Mina isn;t Penders, but she's still out cause of lawsuit risks.

Well, that's not entirely true. Don't forget about the other pre-Ian writers, like Mike Gallagher or Karl Bollers. But yeah, Thrash is usable either way.

However, I don't think that's Thrash on the cover. Looks like one of the redesigned Witchcarters to me. (They're Wendy Naugus' henchmen, and they'll be against Eggman in the upcoming Universe arc, Eggman’s Dozen.) I don't remember his name, but he's on one of the "Eggman’s Dozen" covers.

Though it's odd to see him here. Maybe something happens at the end of Eggman’s Dozen to explain why...

Well, that's not entirely true. Don't forget about the other pre-Ian writers, like Mike Gallagher or Karl Bollers. But yeah, Thrash is usable either way.

However, I don't think that's Thrash on the cover. Looks like one of the redesigned Witchcarters to me. (They're Wendy Naugus' henchmen, and they'll be against Eggman in the upcoming Universe arc, Eggman’s Dozen.) I don't remember his name, but he's on one of the "Eggman’s Dozen" covers.

Though it's odd to see him here. Maybe something happens at the end of Eggman’s Dozen to explain why...

I think Karl's the one who created mina, someone on facebook told me. and what are those 2 up to anyway, other then begin quieter then you know who?

*shrugs* Who knows. Probably doing work for other comics or companies.

Anyway, I didn't actually realise that the main covers for "Panic in the Sky" are gonna be interconnected  (just like "Countdown to Chaos" was). In that case, the purple guy's probably just there as part of a 'villain ensemble' for the Shattered World Saga as a whole.

*shrugs* Who knows. Probably doing work for other comics or companies.

Anyway, I didn't actually realise that the main covers for "Panic in the Sky" are gonna be interconnected  (just like "Countdown to Chaos" was). In that case, the purple guy's probably just there as part of a 'villain ensemble' for the Shattered World Saga as a whole.

oh well. i kind of hope he's at least a new character. Either that or we see a certain Bean and Bark come back.

Oh, he’s a new character... kinda. Him and the other Witchcarters (along with Wendy 'Witchcart' Naugus herself) were the villains of the game 'Tails Skypatrol' for the SEGA Game Gear. I don't believe they've appeared in anything since that game, though.

Oh, he’s a new character... kinda. Him and the other Witchcarters (along with Wendy 'Witchcart' Naugus herself) were the villains of the game 'Tails Skypatrol' for the SEGA Game Gear. I don't believe they've appeared in anything since that game, though.

well that's good. on a side note i really hope tails gets the spotlight soon. maybe it's because i like him but i feel like he hasn't been in anything major, and is going back to his just-begin-a-fan-boy days.

Well, that's not entirely true. Don't forget about the other pre-Ian writers, like Mike Gallagher or Karl Bollers.

This doesn't count the other writers, it's just a general thing

That's what this meant Neo :P Sorry if it wasn't clear

Anyway... I'm not actually sure what you guys were talking about in the convo while I was asleep o_o I must be kind of behind on things...

Well, that's not entirely true. Don't forget about the other pre-Ian writers, like Mike Gallagher or Karl Bollers.

This doesn't count the other writers, it's just a general thing

That's what this meant Neo :P Sorry if it wasn't clear

Anyway... I'm not actually sure what you guys were talking about in the convo while I was asleep o_o I must be kind of behind on things...

we were talking about who or what the purple guy could be.

Yeah.I got that bit... I meant the rest. Don't worry about it though

Yeah.I got that bit... I meant the rest. Don't worry about it though

oh yeah the writers. i think...

Say does anyone know when comic 280 will be released

It was supposed to be released on Jan 13. But because to comic stores are overwhelmed by flooding books.. pretty much all the shipments are being delayed

Thought I'd share this... seems the other 3 comics of the four part one have been revealed

STH_284-287_Panic_in_the_Sky.jpg

I likes!

O_O OHMYGODTHISISAMAZING!! (<= so so Sorry... but this is amazing really.. o_o )

Say does anyone know when comic 280 will be released

It was supposed to be released on Jan 13. But because to comic stores are overwhelmed by flooding books.. pretty much all the shipments are being delayed

Not that I don't believe you or anything, but is there a source or a site that says this?