BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

I kind of knew penders was innocent all along since you look like a nice guy and knowing Sega they would do anything to make money even if that mean ruining their mascot success in the comic book department thanks for everything Sega.

I kind of knew penders was innocent all along since you look like a nice guy and knowing Sega they would do anything to make money even if that mean ruining their mascot success in the comic book department thanks for everything Sega.

Pendersman still sued Archie and SEGA. He's not innocent

Pendersman still sued Archie and SEGA. He's not innocent

I'm afraid Dylan has a point. The only thing this would prove is that Penders only has part of the blame, rather then completely. It's not entirely his fault that this happened, but it doesn't change that his actions had caused the reaction it did. (Which, I'll admit, is not his fault.)  Sega reacted the wrong way, in a Paranoid light from fear of yet another attempt at a lawsuit. Removing characters that, by legal right, didn't have to be removed shows an overreaction by emotions of paranoia, and a sense of cowardice for this man, both by Sega, and quite possibly by Archie.

I won't deny this as fact, But Penders did start this debacle in the first place. For justified reasons? Debatable, but I do believe so. But it doesn't change the fact that this would not have happened, had this case not begun by Penders, nor the case regarding Sonic Chronicles.

With that said, Since this is more about Penders then anything else, we've decided to merge it with the Ken Penders topic. ...I have never merged a topic before, so this might get a little weird.

The merger was a success but let me point out an error in both Dilly and Jest's posts. Pender did not sue Archie, Archie sued Penders.

Whoever sued first doesn't change that fact that Penders is not exactly the nicest guy in the world.  I admit Sega and Archie made some pretty bad reactions to what he did, but he fails to get my sympathy after hearing all the stories from his Archie day and beyond.  An example?  Well for starters he says he has never read any of the comic under Ian Flynn's pen.  A reason for this is probably because he think fans shouldn't write for the comic.  Oh, and he adamantly claims to have never played a single Sonic game, explaining why his stories were some of the most un-Sonic-ish stories I've ever read.

I rather them be un-sonic then to be some piece of crap someone slap together just for a story *cough* *cough* Sonic Lost World *cough*

Edited by Blue Comet

Penders was an illustrator and still considers himself to be one, y'know!

Here's a decent picture of Lien-Da, with a good stance.

Lien-da_657456345.png

And here's Penders' rendition of Lien-Da with a terrible colourscheme and an awkward, emotionless stance.

Lien-Da.PNG

Edited by James Petitious

okay WHAT is up with that last picture?? o_o it scares me and the colors really don't match well...

okay WHAT is up with that last picture?? o_o it scares me and the colors really don't match well...

Dodge and Burn, ladies and gentlemen.

Also prune-colored pastel skin.

Pretty sure that was just his original version. This is what he ended up with

tumblr_inline_n4km2nUx7L1re1bwb.jpg

Those who have seen this abomination before and don't want to relive the horror, DO NOT OPEN THIS SPOILER

Do not blame Penders. He was forced to change the race of tge characters to Aliens because they can not be connected to Sega.

A lot of people are trying to defined Sega a corporation who care about money so much that they rush games onto selves, ruin their mascot good name, and making unnecessary changes that shouldn't have ever been change.   

Do not blame Penders. He was forced to change the race of tge characters to Aliens because they can not be connected to Sega.

Doesn't mean they have to be ugly. ;P

Okay, I don't know if you guys have seen this but Ken has a site called floating island productions (the url shows it as floatingislandproductions) and that The Lost Ones trailer near the end.

tumblr_m70fpf1eH01rnsvazo1_250.gif

Wow really? First time I hear about it but I'm going to check that out soon enough.. I still don't really understand the thing between Sega and Ken Penders but... 

Scourge?  Where's Scourge?  Has anybody seen Scourge? ; A;  Scourge?

Not a huge fan of Penders.  In the past there have been studios that have laid claim to anything and everything an artist does while in there employ, like doodle for a personal project done on scraps of paper during lunch.  If an artist isn't doing work specifically for a client then that work should be protected for the artist but in Penders case, he was writing a story and making comics for a company that would be used and published by that company all over the world.  He got paid for his work, why should he expect royalties after the fact.  Designers don't make royalites on things they designed years later unless that part of the original agreement and its usually not because poeple know its expensive.

I dunno, its just a weird over reach by Penders.  I know Archie and Sega aren't innocent either but I still think of Penders as the trigger.

And seriously, Scourge?  Anybody know if he's coming back?

Well, evil Sonic I think was Penders's creation but when he turned into what we now know as Scourge that was someone else's idea. (Im not sure as I heard these from other people, not sources.)

But if they still identify Scourge as Pender's creation...its likely we wont see him again.

Same thing with Fiona as she originally wasn't Pender's creation, but her teenage version is. (once again, people. Not sources.) So unless they remake the character entirely, she also wont appear again.

I think as a general rule the comics will avoid any original character who had any appearance prior to Flynn taking over in order to avoid any and all lawsuit issues.

I have no idea should i post it here or not but well here we go.

It's not Knuckles, I swear.

B9XRvd4CQAAXZJm.jpg

B9XR2HKCcAAp6Rk.jpg

Edited by Red TF

o_o Oh my... god.. What? When? Why? Who? Huh?

Well it's not like he WANTS to do characters like that.. But he doesn't really have a choice....

Those are..... very girly legs...

Where's some brain bleach...

*Spits out drink*

I was not prepared for this. What's up with those legs? Seriously. This is NOT a children's comic he's creating

Ps: I heard somewhere there is no Knuckles. Only Nuckles. But I have no source so I might be wrong