283 posts in this topic

I haven't seen much of her so far... but already I like her a lot. Her voice... reminds me of Smeagol for some reason. I really hope she sticks around

(Marine and Sticks. Hmm... <_< )

Basically, a jungle version of Marine....

Yeah, I think I can like that!

Its a little odd to see new character so similar to Marine, but...

I still think she's fanta-stick. Some people may complain, but hey sticks and stones. I will stick around. If she turns to be good I will stick it to them. Though her lack of gloves makes her stick out. Someting someting, joystick something, lipstick, something. It's a stickup, something.

...What was I talking about?

I think the fanbase will will be sticking with these bad puns for a while

I should leave the puns to Cut Man. I'll stick to talking normally

Having pondered this for a bit I'm afraid \I'm going to cut my way through this wood of puns to post a few thoughts. (I'm not good at sticking to puns, sorry.)

So, Sticks has been given an interesting characterization, being torn between hiding in her own world and hanging out with her new friends. That sounds like quite a lot of characterization for a ten minute cartoon. Coupled with the fact she needs to be introduced, I can't help but feel that, rather than the 'no continuity' (a la Tom and Jerry) series that's been talked about, it will be more 'continuity light' (a la Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Rescue Rangers, Most of the Star Trek series). Plus, it could mean there there will be character based episodes. Which if that is the case, means we could have a stronger continuity develop if the series continues. That's what seemed to happen with SatAM. Little continuity to being with other that the basic of the setting, be more came in as it went on.

Second, and rather random idea. It's common in shows to romantically pair up the straight man/only sane man with the cloudcuckoolander (that is in my spellcheck!!), moseso if one or both are techies. So... there could be a Sticks and Tails pairing on the horizon (and no doubt people are shipping them already). But this does depend on whether Tails IS being the Only Sane Man like in recent games (in which case it's likely) or if they are going for a more ditzy 'I forgot the landing gear' techy like Sonic Adventure (in which case probably not).

Which raises a question? As far as I know, the only character personalities we know about are Sticks, and a little about Sonic's and Eggman's from the two minute clip. Yes, Tails was in it, but not really doing any character stuff, while Sonic and Eggman seemed to be mostly as normal. Has any info been released about how the other characters will behave?

I think the fanbase will will be sticking with these bad puns for a while

I should leave the puns to Cut Man. I'll stick to talking normally

Pfffff...:'D

More specifically, two character images are reminiscent of previous Sonic characters. I'll let you guess which ones: (spoilered due to size)

Sonic-Boom-Concept-Artwork-Adjusted.jpg

Interestingly enough, the two (or three) characters that everyone has noticed were only really one-time characters in the main series. Although, looking at 'Emerl'... I highly doubt that it's actually him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's just another Eggman robot, and the creators were just 'inspired by' Emerl. But who knows?

THAT turtle! More like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or from Kung Fu Panda!

I really like the design of the new robots, They more than...Egg SWATs or Egg Pawns. I hope they can't beaten so easily than the normal robots.

The new character Sticks is cool...the voice....meeeeh but I can understand her. As in the trailer the producer said ( I hope I didn't missunderstand them) that she lived alone on the island/world and so she doesn't know that she gets on the nerves of the mane 4. She and Amy are good friends. Sonic you better RUN!

But come on community! The idea of Sonic Boom was released -> The Sonic & SEGA community don't like it. The idea of the new mane 4 was released -> The Sonic & SEGA community don't like it. A new character enters -> Most people of the community (on SCANF and others like SpinDash.de) don't like it and nag and nag aaaaand nag.

But come on community! The idea of Sonic Boom was released -> The Sonic & SEGA community don't like it. The idea of the new mane 4 was released -> The Sonic & SEGA community don't like it. A new character enters -> Most people of the community (on SCANF and others like SpinDash.de) don't like it and nag and nag aaaaand nag.

HUH? Now, I'm not sure about other sites, but here on SCANF the reactions seems to be overwhelmingly positive, or at least 'I'll wait and see but I'm hopeful'.

HUH? Now, I'm not sure about other sites, but here on SCANF the reactions seems to be overwhelmingly positive, or at least 'I'll wait and see but I'm hopeful'.

There on SCANF the reaction seems to be positive, but on other sides there are only critics and they say that would be the END of the WORLD of Sonic. SEGA try a new idea and all they get are punches.

I could live, if the Sonic Boom Sonic the Hedgehog will be the future Sonic in the main storyline, but it is a "parallel universe" so calm down. It's like Mega Man Classic and Mega Man X.

I wait for the game and for the TV show before I open my mouth and give the critics.

Well, aside for Knux's legs SCANF is positive! :P

It's just the way you were saying it was tarring us here with the same brush. Beside, most of the Sonic community is probibly like us. We just have a very loud vocal lot who hate both change and the lack of it, so will complain whatever happens.

Well, aside for Knux's legs SCANF is positive! :P

I love the new Knuckles! His apperance reflect his character and on his new design Rouge or the others will think about it, when they try to steal his Master Emerald! xP

It's just the way you were saying it was tarring us here with the same brush. Beside, most of the Sonic community is probibly like us. We just have a very loud vocal lot who hate both change and the lack of it, so will complain whatever happens.

The community of Sonic & SEGA. That means not SCANF allone. Most communitys? What about the many Youtube-video jokes, what about the DeviantART picture jokes? There are many german communities, who hate the new design. It is horrible, that some people loose their mind, when they see that SEGA trying something new.

From what I've seen the general reaction (besides Knuckles) is pretty positive. The artwork, I've seen some which glorifies Sonic Boom. Are you sure you're looking in all the places?

Second, and rather random idea. It's common in shows to romantically pair up the straight man/only sane man with the cloudcuckoolander (that is in my spellcheck!!), moseso if one or both are techies. So... there could be a Sticks and Tails pairing on the horizon (and no doubt people are shipping them already). But this does depend on whether Tails IS being the Only Sane Man like in recent games (in which case it's likely) or if they are going for a more ditzy 'I forgot the landing gear' techy like Sonic Adventure (in which case probably not).

Yeah, I'm expecting shipping. I expected it as soon as I saw her

Well, if I remember correctly from the original trailer of the game, there's a part where the characters are falling down a hole, and the only one who lands okay is Amy. But Tails could've flown down! And in the cartoon trailer, he seems to stare blankly at the audience instead of flying his way out of a crashing plane. So I kind of expect the more ditzy Tails

Yeah, I'm expecting shipping. I expected it as soon as I saw her

Of course. The question is whether there will be official shipping! :P

Well, if I remember correctly from the original trailer of the game, there's a part where the characters are falling down a hole, and the only one who lands okay is Amy. But Tails could've flown down! And in the cartoon trailer, he seems to stare blankly at the audience instead of flying his way out of a crashing plane. So I kind of expect the more ditzy Tails

It could just be that the cartoon version at least was an EP1 intro to Tails' ability to fly. I.e. in the next scene Sonic reached the crash and is all upset, only for Tails to fly in with something like 'why are you worried, of course I could fly out.' Given that there not everyone knows Tails can fly.

Doesn't explain the 'falling down hole one', except Tails does that as the plot demands elsewhere!

It could also be there's a 'learning to fly' bit, i.e. he can't fly properly yet.

Of course. The question is whether there will be official shipping! :P

It could just be that the cartoon version at least was an EP1 intro to Tails' ability to fly. I.e. in the next scene Sonic reached the crash and is all upset, only for Tails to fly in with something like 'why are you worried, of course I could fly out.' Given that there not everyone knows Tails can fly.

Doesn't explain the 'falling down hole one', except Tails does that as the plot demands elsewhere!

It could also be there's a 'learning to fly' bit, i.e. he can't fly properly yet.

Perhaps it won't be but who knows?

And that's... a good point. You might be right

I actually like Sticks' voice! I don't think it sounds that annoying actually, but, to each his own, right? Anyway, for some reason it reminds me of Dulcy's voice from SatAM a little bit. Who was also Suzy from Rugrats. It's NOT her, but it reminds me of her, a little. I think I'll grow to like her anyway. We haven't had a new character in a while.

You aren't alone. While I see why some people would find it annoying, I have nothing against her voice. I like it

I'm worried that I MIGHT find it grating over time. I guess it depends on what I actually think of the character once the series begins.

That's pretty crazy. They don't really show much though... I guess there will be an episode with a hover board. Confirmed! ;P

Yeah, that's looking pretty cool. As for the whole "been around for over a year thing," had the completed redesigns even been revealed a year ago? I'm sure there was mention of Sonic Boom but it might not have been as big a deal as it is now. So less likely people would specifically look for stuff like this

Still... it does seem a little crazy how NO ONE AT ALL noticed it. Hmm... perhaps we should see if we can find any more treasures

I Think 10 Minutes Isn't Long Enough For A Episode.

Eleven minutes. And practically every family show on the planet has them nowadays. SpongeBob, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Wander Over Yonder, you name it.

Houston we have a problem.

The Cartoon about Sonic Boom in Europe will be released not until Autum 2015 (Source).

Eleven minutes. And practically every family show on the planet has them nowadays. SpongeBob, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Wander Over Yonder, you name it.

Okay Adventure Time is not on our TV Show list in germany (I think), but all you listed are filled with 22 Min. episodes and this is normal. Also Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ne new TV Show) is going to have 22 Min., My little Pony has 22 min. and even Cosmo & Wanda.

You definitely can't built up a whole storyline in 11 min. I think that is impossible. And if one episode has his own content, not to built up from the last episode, that is quite hard to manage an act.

I can actually back BlueBlur up on this one. Both Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb do have long episodes which are 22 minutes (registered in a half hour slot) but with Spongebob sometimes they fit two in that half hour slot (making 11 minutes) and in Phineas and Ferb there are episodes in 15 minute slots (which I guess makes them 11 minutes with the adverts). I can't tell you about any of the other shows he listed because I've never seen them. Never even heard of them in one case

Anyway... Sonic Boom stuff... Autumn 2015? Are ypu kidding me? Meh. I'll just end up watching them from YouTube anyway. Someone's bound to put it up by then if it comes in America first. But thinking about it, its odd they would split showing it to Europe by nearly a year. I don't fully trust this quite yet