The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

(ooc: it's cool, it will add up to the drama)

locke was in a bad position . he could easily get himself out of dylan's grip , but he didn't want to... he wouldn't hurt a friend ... then he heard skye , crying , begging for help .... he knew what he had to do...

"i'm sorry dylan..." locke gave him a good kick right in the guts. dylan felt it for sure . right after the first one , locke gave him another one in the face , successfully allowing him to move out of the werehog's grip."i have a child to save , and you are in the way. this is your last chance , dylan..."

"Skye, what happened?!" Shadow's face was a picture of fear. Not himself, but for his friend, who was now at the mercy of his seemingly unreachable sister. As the flare continued to burn, he kept his eyes locked with the creature's. He was still surprised at its intelligence. This would not be an easy fight.

Dylan howled in pain from the kicks that Locke gave him. Then he faced Locke and lunged at him again

Skye pushed Melody off him with both feet, realising the only reason he was still alive was because Melody no longer had her knife. He got to his feet and the two children stared hard at each other.

"So, the coward has finally nowhere left to run too," growled Melody/

"I'm sorry Melody," Skye responded desperately. "I didn't want to run. I didn't want to leave you or Mother. I was forced."

"I'll never understand why mother wanted a weakling like you to take the throne first," she spat, seemingly disgusted by Skye's attempt to placate her.

"I'm not weak..." Skye began to protest, then paused as he realised something about his sister for the first time, and more memories began to return. "Wait... You were jealous that I was next in line?"

"Oh, better, much better. And with Shadow busy, it only remains to be seen whether Melody will drive her brother to despair, or gut him first. Heh heh."

once again , locke was on the defensive , avoiding as much as he could , and taking the hit when he had to. and everytime, skye's cry where becoming less and less audibke... he had to fight back...

"fine, that was your last chance . it's time for you to see that mu guardian's job is not just ffor fun".

That was it. locke started with a punch right in jaw, and another one in the guts , for good mesure . weakened , the werehog had to go back . but locke did not gave him time to defend himself ; he kicked, and hit, hoping that at the least , if he was down, he could save the children faster.

then , he finished with a swift kick between the eyes , successfully taking him down.

but no time to loose . locke decided to restrain him as much as he could before leaving .

after the battle , locke turned back on last time, and said" i'm sorry dylan. i hope, you will be able to forgive me... i dis it for skye's sake. if it were me , i would have let you beat me as much as you'd want... sorry"

and on these words , he left , hoping he could help shadow and skye before something terrible would happen.

Shadow knew that this was his only shot. He began to walk towards the creature before breaking into a jog as the creature moved back, faster and faster until it was backed against the wall with nowhere to run. Shadow then tossed his flare next to it, revealing its true form. Shadow was facing a twisted version of himself. The only real differences between the two were the obviously brighter red eyes, which seemed to serve no purpose but to reveal its presence, and a mouthful of razor sharp teeth. It gave him a toothy grin, before walking forward, clapping. Then it began to speak in an eloquent voice. "Impressive. Most impressive. But I'm afraid our little fight is far from over. Were you expecting me to just combust in the light? Come now, where's the fun in that? Since you've traveled so very far, be my guest and let me entertain you!" At that moment the doppleganger charged at Shadow, who juat stood there smirking.

locke was running , running as fast as fast as he could . he had little time to waste . but it was tiring for sure... but he had to move on...

"Skye , Shadow, where are you? Skye, Shadow !!! hang in there , i'm coming for the both of you. just answer me" did locke shout, hoping that at least, seone would answer him.

for once, nothing was scarier ...

"Melody, please. I never wanted to be a prince or a ruler. From what I've learned of Moebius I wouldn't have lasted long anyway. And that's in the past, more so than you know. We used to get on so well. Can't we be friends again?"

Meanwhile, the manifestation of Skye's insanity materialised beside the near-unconscious Dylan. His form was now somewhat wispy, as if made from mist, and his eyes jet black. Skye tutted at Dylan.

"I had hoped you'd last a bit longer. Now it will take you some time to recover. But that's the funny thing about dreams, time can speed up or slow down. And right now, for you, time is going to move much faster. Heh heh. It may even give you a slight edge in your hunt. Meanwhile, I'll just send Locke down a little maze."

(ooc; Locke, I sent you a pm if you haven't seen it yet.)

(ooc: just read it , i understand your positions)

it was starting to get tiring ...just how long was he running ? "Skye! shadow! we are you?" locke was getting more and more upset as time went on... he just couldn't stop, he mustn't think , or else...

Just before the doppleganger was upon him, Shadow span out of the wqy, holding his knife where he once stood. But he was surprised that he felt no impact. The creature then appeared in front of him and grabbed him. "Though you are without your powers, I am not. Now tell me, where should I start, your legs? Or perhaps your abdomen? There's no rush" it said with a smile. Shadow managed to free his knife hand and thrust into the creature's torso, a corrosive black ooze pouring out. As he fought through the pain, Shadow cut downwards before grabbing his last flare. "I think it's time you saw the light, friend", he quipped as he lit the flare and thrust it deep into the wound, causing the creature fo release its grip and scream in agony. Shadow then ran back to where he had been with Skye, laughing at his close brush with death, but knowing that as long as Skye's insanity controlled this dream, the doppleganger could be back at any moment.

“You said I couldn’t effect you Locke, but you do seem sooooo distressed. What if you could never find your young ward.” Spoke Insanity with mock concern.

Sounds began playing from all directions around Locke, some of Skye calling him name, some of Skye crying, or screaming in pain.

“Hmm, it seems Skye might actually be close to being forgiven by his sisters memory. We can’t have that.“

“Yes, we were friends,” replied Melody, anger leaving her voice for the first time, “but now…” Suddenly, her eyes dropped shut and her head lolled. Then it rose again, her eyes now jet black.

“Now I can never forgive you. You are the reason I’m dead. It was your fault, and only yours,” Melody spoke to Skye.

Dylan woke up finding that he had been restrained. However, being a werehog, he was much stronger than usual and in no time at all was free. He started to sniff around trying to catch the scent of Locke and the direction he was heading. Once he found this, Dylan ran off following Locke's trail at super speed.

"There is a big difference between being distressed, and caring about someone ; but perhaps you lever got the chance to experiment both... dis you ever loved , cared about another than you? or have spent your entire life hating and destroying everything around you?

in any case , I pity you... "

locke stopped on his track... the cries of all these children around him were lile a living noghtmare ... but he had an advantage : he already suffered from it once ....

"I know that neither of you are skye , so i'll say it only once... get me back on the right way, or i'll make my own path... with your

blood."

"Everything in my life hated and wanted to destroy me. I'm simply returning the favour. Oh, Locke, you really think you're threats will work on me? This form isn't flesh and blood, so if you wanted to spill my blood, you'd have to hurt Skye to do so. And before you think about smashing through walls, you are in Skye's mind. Think what damage you could do to him by breaking the structures of his mind."

"Melody, please," begged Skye, "It wasn't my fault. I tried to save you. Please, I tried to save you."

"You failed," Melody replied simply, "You could have flown despite the pain. You knew that. You let pain and fear take over, and it cost me my life."

"No, please," murmured Skye as he sank to his knees. Across the castle, the shadows seemed to grow and the lights started to dim. The storm outside howled with an increased ferocity.

Shadow found the wall he saw Skye go through and frantically threw his weight against to no avail. His attempt to push it ended in disaster as pain coursed through his right hand. He then saw the extent to which his hand had been burned by the corrosive blood: the glove surrounding his palm and backhand was eaten away, and his raw flesh was plain to see. He slumped down against the wall, exhauasted and in agony. As much as it pained him, he knew he couldn't help Skye.

Dylan was rushing through the castle at super speed, knocking over loose objects along the way. He was getting closer to Locke. Suddenly he stops. Locke is around the next corner. He can sense it. He growls and walks around the corner

"Skye! Skye!!! IT'S your mind , i know you can hear me ! none of this is real , it's nothing but guilt ! and sorrow ... you have to let go of these if you want to live , do you understand ? let it go skye !! let your sister go !! let them all go... it never was your fault don't you forget it !!!"

he then turned in front of the voice.

"so everything triee to destroy you, and then ? did't it occurre to you that if you survived , you could have used these power for something else than death and torture ?"

Locke hasn't seen or heard Dylan. He gets into a crouching position ready to leap on him at the right time.

"Something else Locke? Like how you and your Brotherhood used the powers at your disposal for the betterment of others? Oh no, I forgot. If it wasn't an Echidna, you never cared. And shout all you want, Skye can't hear you. Dylan is a mindless monster. Shadow has given up. And faced with his sister; Skye's guilt will drive him to me. You've all lost, and soon..." the Insanity's face broke into a wide grin, "you WILL be lost."

Skye dropped to all fours, then his ears pricked as he heard a faint sound. "Locke," Skye whispered. "Is that you?" Skye tried to make out the words being called, but shook his head. "I can't let go. She's right. It was my fault. I should suffer for what I've done."

(ooc: Yeah, Skye's Insanity is lying about Skye hearing Locke, but not that Locke knows that.)

"Skye . do you... forget it ... think locke... think..." as much as he has power of his own, so did locke ...all he had to do was to concentrate... "it feed off our emotion and feels.. i'll beat him at his own game" ... his mind was blank , one thing left : skye . finding him , and saving him; at all cost.

It was a this point that Dylan lunged towards Locke in an attempt to knock him down without being kicked and while he was distracted.

at first , locke wanted to focus on skye.. but just as he was about to locate him, he felt something else ... something , fuzzy ... dylan was back, and he could do nothing about it...

Dylan pinned Locke to the floor, but only for a moment. As soon as Locke was caught, he felt weird, like there was a fight for control going on inside him. He got off Locke and headed towards the wall, sitting down and growling.

(ooc: Sorry to leave you at such a time but I must go, see you tomorrow)

Shadow had one last plan to save Skye. Removing the inhibitor ring from his left hand, he felt some energy return. Rather than waste time healing his wounds, he channelled it into his fist and punched through the wall, revealing Skye and the possessed Melody. Hearing his mutterings, he tried to reason with Skye as he put his ring back on, now almost completely drained. "Skye it wasn't your fault! If you had kept trying to fly you'd have died along with your sister. If you want to blame someone blame the assassin. They caused your sister's death, not you."

(ooc: it's cool, see ya tommorow :3)

locke felt lucky , really lucky... but as much as he wanted to help dylan, right now , shadow and skye were way more in need than him....

so he kept on his way... in the last known position of skye , with a complete focus in his mind...