The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"We're coming Skye!" Dylan called as he began running towards the scream

There! over there!! the cry was from here..."rumble" What da heck is this? the Whole place seems to fall appart from here...WE NEED TO FIND SKYE !FAST!

Fast! That's what we need! Shadow, do you think you can find Skye and bring him back here in a few seconds?

Shadow sprinted ahead, reaching the roof where Skye had been confronted by Melody. "Come on Skye" he shouted. "We have to get you out of here."

The two children faced each other atop the roof. Skye could hear his friends calling, but could only manage to blurt out "Up here," before he suddenly found himself unable to speak.

“You left us Skye,” Melody hissed in anger, “you ran away from Mother and I. You should have let those assassins working for the Acorn’s kill you, because I’m gonna make you suffer for your betrayal.”

“I didn’t run away. Father took me from you.” Skye replied, the words emanating from his mouth despite that he wasn’t saying them.

“You’re lying. And you’ll pay for that,” Melody screamed and charged at Skye. With her speed Skye had barely time to even twist away before she was on top of him. The knife slashed out in Melody’s hand and embedded itself in Skye’s side. Blood oozed from the wound onto the flagstones and over Skye’s backpack.

(ooc: And that’s how those bloodstains came to be on Skye’s backpack.)

Locke, you stay here and wait for Shadow and Skye, give them all the support they need. I'll distract whatever evil shadows are between us and our way out so that you have a clear exit!

*Runs off*

(ooc: Sorry, have to go, I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll enjoy seeing the result of this adventure)

ok dylan. And don't get yourself killed or anything!!!

(ooc: bye then)

"Nooo!" screamed Shadow as he rushed over, grabbing Melody by the throat before kneeling next to Skye as the rain continued to pour. "Were you not a child I would kill you where you stand!" he hissed, before turning to Skye, inspecting his wound. "It doesn't look lethal. Skye, this is going to hurt a lot but it has to be done." With that he swiftly pulled out the knife and put pressure on the wound with his left hand, the blood staining his glove. "Locke get up here! Skye's hurt bad." Looking him in the eye, he tried to reassure the crying Skye. "You're gonna be ok, you hear me? We'll get you patched up. Locke's on his way right now. It's all gonna be fine." (OOC Bye Dylan).

The second locke heard shadow's scream for help, he ran. He knew something was grave. There were no time to loose... "HANG ON PEOPLES, I'M COMING" When he finnally got on the roof, he was finnaly able to see the extent of the damage: shadow was holding a you child by the troath, and was trying to stop skye from ... bleeding. "SHADOW! what happenned here?Quick, put skye down, I'll have to examine him quickly!"

"Don't hurt her Shadow, please" begged Skye through the pain, "I can make her understand..." Melody wriggled in Shadow's grasp, then suddenly unleashed a flurry of kicks towards Shadow's arm, causing his grip to weaken.

Dropping to the floor, Melody made a grab for her knife, but at that instant the winged monster returned. It swooped down, slamming into Melody's side and sending her flying off the rain-soaked roof. Skye cried out in despair as Melody fell, trying to wriggle free of Shadow's grasped.

"One Prower brat down, one two go," the monster chuckled, turning towards Shadow and Skye.

(ooc: Anyone who wants to control monster-rouge can, I just did so to have the memory play out a bit more.)

"Get Skye out of here Locke, I'll deal with this." said Shadow as he stood up. "May I have this dance?" he asked as he ran towards the monster. (OOC I hate to leave at such a dramatic moment, but I have to be going. Night guys, I'll be on in the morning).

it was by pure luck. pure dumb luck that locke was there when melody fell. Locke catched the poor girl right in time. but she was unconscious. quickly, he got back inside and put her in security, in the hall. Then he got back to the roof... "Shadow!!! send me skye!! you'll be more free to take care of that thing!!"

Clutching his side, Skye picked up the knife that Melody had dropped, then staggered to where Locke was.

"Locke," Skye asked, "What happened to Melody? Is she okay?"

(ooc: Goodnight Shadow.

Hmm, I wonder what will happen now that Locke has broken the path of Skye's memories... ;) )

skye... "locke held the fox", your sister.. melody.. she is fine. i catched her in time...if you want, we can see her. she's in the hall, albeit unconscious...but, that will be for later.... let's get inside. i'll take care of those wounds.

(ooc: anything can, and will hapen!!)

Skye face lit up despite the pain when he heard that Melody was alive. "That great. I'm sure I can make her understand I didn't run away. But..." His face fell. "This seems... wrong somehow. I don't know why." Skye legs suddenly buckled and he clutch his side in pain.

"locke catch skye as he fall" don't worry , i got you... don't be to hard on yourself skye. You are quite wounded. Nothing that i can't handle though. As for your sister... These are memories.. And we just changed them, that's all.

"Can you do that? Can you just change memories? Is that a good thing to do, with my memories being what they are."

I don't know skye, but there must have been a reason explaining why your inner world is so broken... Maybe changing your mermories are for the good.

"Maybe," muttered Skye, "Maybe the reason the world is so broken is because I am."

yes skye, you are broken. But not beyond repair. It'll be hard, and it'll take time, but it's entirely possible for you to heal from these inner wounds.

"I had hoped so. But seeing my mind laid out like this, in this nightmare... I'm not so sure now."

Then you have to cling on all the good memories, rather than letting yourself drown in the bad ones....

"You're right. I just wish I had good memories coming back to me, rather than the bad ones.

(ooc: and that's me off, see you later)

don't worry skye, all in good time. All in good time.