The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Locke? Man am I glad to see you" shouted Shadow as he ran up the staircase, narrowly avoiding the clutches of the shadows. "Where's Skye?"

told him to take cover. But you should not worry about him. He is safer in this castle than we are. Actually, this castle his property of his family, shadow.

It's seem that we are in the limbo of his memories....

"Something doesn't feel right" Dylan said to himself as he starts to walk faster. All around him it seems like shadows are moving. "I can't see anything here and I get the feeling that I'm being watched." Suddenly, he feels something touch him on the shoulder. "AH! GET ME OUT OF HERE! HEEEELLLLLPPPP!" he shouts as he starts running.

"I think you're right Locke. We're experiencing locations and dare I say people from his past, but the nightmare has distorted them into monsters." At that moment he heard screaming. That sounds like Dylan. What's he doing here, I thought he went back to werehog central?

nnah, he like us too much for that . Now, let's give him back his love. By saving him.

....What? expecting something else?

"Ha, sounds like a plan. I couldn't imagine him forgiving us if we left him to his fate."

"Okay, calm down Dylan." Dylan says to himself. "Nothing can come from shouting around this place.If there is any evil lurking around here, I don't want to attract it's attention any more than I have. Now let's see. Is this a door?" He opens the door to a corridor lit only by a few torches on the wall. "Very medieval. I wonder who lives here?"

as they left the crypt, they heard the main door opening, and a familiar voice... "DYLAN!!!" shouted locke as he ran to greet his friend "glad you could make it."

Dylan turned towards Locke and Shadow "Locke? Shadow? What are you doing here?" he asked trying to look like he hadn't just been scared. "I thought I saw you back at... never mind. Do you know where we are?"

well, more or less in skye's memories.... albeit, a bit corrupted by a nightmare.

Dylan takes a moment to think about what Locke just said. "I guess that explains a few things about this place." he says. "I have a few questions though. Number one, how did we get into his memories? Number two, how can we escape? Number three, if these are memories, how are we able to physically touch things or feel things touching us?" He pauses a moment. "And number four, which to me is the most important question, if these are Skye's memories, then where is Skye?"

good questions, i'll try to answer them as much as i can.

1:Magic.

2:Maybe if we found a way to wake skye up.

3:Magic

4:Upstairs, told him to run to cover... In fact, I don't even know why I told him that... Most of the shadows are nothing but past memories of peoples he saw or knew. most of them must have been servant ; and as such, more than inclined to protect him... after all, it's his family's castle.

And as for us, we are nothing but unwanted guest...

"I knew Skye had some magic, but I never realised Skye was powerful enough to bring us in his dreams. It makes burning through my ropes seem like childsplay. Wait... if these shadows can interact with us, then if there is something evil here, then we are all in danger, Skye especially seeing as how these are his memories and he is seperated from us. Perhaps we should go find him and stick together this time."

"He knows this place better than anyone. I'm sure he's safe. Besides, its his dream. I'm more worried about us. We were brought here by magic and we're fully conscious, it must be some sort of neural link. If we die here something could happen to us in the real world, we could go brain dead. I know it sounds ridiculously far fetched, but I'd rather not test it."

"I'm with you there Shadow. I have things to do, places to see. And another adventure to free my zone. I have a feeling that I need to be fully functional for that. Perhaps we should take a look around whilst we look for Skye so that we know the place better and we know what Skye lived around."

on the contrary dylan; if he died there, every monster in here would die too. So they have all the reason they need to not kill him.

But you are right, i think we left this poor kid alone for too long. Let's go.

Skye got up and walked around the room. His room, he reminded himself. "Did I really live in such luxury?" he asked himself in surprise. Then he heard cry coming from behind the bed. Look round, he saw something he didn't expect. Himself, curled up and crying, but a few years younger than he was at present.

"Um, hello?" Skye greeted his other self as he laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Get away from me you monster!" the younger Skye screamed and ducked underneath the bed.

"But... I'm not a monster," Skye responded to surprise. "Am I?" he asked, as he realised that, given his amnesia, he very well could have been.

(ooc: I'm back, much earlier than I expected. Though, I think that Skye might be in danger, because if Skye dies in the dream, i.e. this version of Skye's personality, his insanity is free to take over. Cause if there's no danger to Skye it's not as fun. Hmm, we have kinda turned this into Inception, Mobius style haven't we!)

don't worry, he must hidden in one of the chamber upstairs. If we call him, he might answer us, don't you think?

Give it a try Locke, you are the closest to him. Don't scare him though. He has amnesia so is likely not able to understand some of the things going on around here. We don't know what his reaction will be

let's hope he doesn't find by mistake something he tried to hide..... "goes upstair".. SKYE!!! SKYE!! JAYSENN!!JAY... huh, SKYE!! where are you? we are coming . tell us where you are; so we can get you out of here.

Jaysenn? Who are you trying to call Locke? The two-tailed fox with amnesia or a masked murderer? Let's go look for him if he doesn't call back

“Please,” Skye begged to his younger self, “I’m not a monster, I don’t want to be one.” His younger self just ran to the other side of the room, trying to put distance between them. Then, once again, Skye hear Locke’s cries, but it was impossible to determine their origin.

“Locke, I’m here. Can you hear me?” called Skye.

At that moment the lights died in the room. Shadows reared up in the darkness, lunging towards Skye. Panicking, he drew his knife from the holster and began to slash wildly. Then he realised that one of his wild swings had caught his younger self.

The whole room suddenly began to collapse. With no other choice Skye unlocked the door and sprinted out. But rather than finding himself back in the corridor he had come from, now Skye was standing on the roof of the castle. The rain poured down around him, and in a flash of lightning Skye saw another figure on the roof. A figure hold the same knife that Skye held in his hands, the same knife that had embedded itself in Haven’s floor.

“Melody?” Skye asked in surprise.

as long at this murderer doesn't try to steal my ballon, i'll be fine. ... ok, last time I saw him, he was going this way .."hear a scream"... FORGET IT!! we go this way!!