The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"She's trapped in a large rock box. I doubt she can get out of that," Ziona replied to Glen.

"This doesn't concern any. Of. YOU!" screamed Skye. A massive pulse of magical energy erupted from him, slamming into everyone in an attempt to throw them away. When it faded, Skye was shrouded in misty black and red energy.

------------

Miles glanced back to see his pursuers.

"How did they... Darn it, they must have activated the tracking program," he muttered to himself. There was only one thing for it, return to the lab, erase the tracking system, and get out again. Where, it didn't matter. Just away.

"I've already lost enough. Can't you leave me alone?" Miles cried back as he activated his teleporter. As he was running, when he arrived back in the lad he stumbled and fell flat on his face. Miles shook slightly, feeling queasy. "I guess those portals have side effects with prolonged use," he said to himself.

"Not again!" complained Zamy as she came to a halt.

Hope and Rouge were flung back, narrowly avoiding hitting the trees nearby.

---

Hope R's impromptu prison began to glow white hot just before her bubble bored clean through it, seemingly ablaze. She stumbled out and switched back to a normal setting, panting and sweating as she looked at the serum's effects; she felt weaker and could clearly see the veins in her arms, but adopted a hate filled glare when she saw Miles.

"Thought you could get away with that? Well I think it's time to resume my normal work. I haven't done an experiment on a subject, in a long time," she hissed as she fumbled through her blsck box, pulling out a syringe filled with a orange and black liquid, the two colours sitting atop one another rather than mixing. "Let's see what this does, shall we?"

Anna screamed as she was flung back, but also avoided the trees. Ziona almost collided with them, but was able to twist and push of, turning what could have been a bone crushing impact into just an undignified landing. Melody wasn't quite as lucky, although she avoided a direct hit, her left side scraped hard against a tree, covering her with small cuts and lacerations.

She glared at her brother. "Looks like I'm gonna need to beat some sense into you," she said angrily, getting ready to charge at Skye.

--------------

Miles eye widened with fear as Hope emerged. "No. You couldn't get out..." he said feebly. He tried to get up to run, but his legs gave way, a combination of exhaustion, several days without food and sleep, and the detrimental effects of the portal teleportation. He turned on the ground to face Hope, trying to place a magical barrier between the two of them, but even his magic was weaker.

Dylan avoided s direct hit and slowly got up. There was no way he could directly take on Skye so he tried to think up another way to stop him

Red fell uncounscious, bleeding. The wounds she got a few days sooner reopened .

-----------------------------

"That's clever , Zamy !"Said Glen"We need to get back to the lab, so we can at least arrest one of them..."

Hope R stabbed her syringe into Miles' neck, smiling smugly as the liquid entered his bloodstream. She then sat on the ground nearby and waited.

Zamy teleported herself and Shadow back to the lab and saw Hope sitting there.

Glen was under zionna, using his own body as a shield ."You'll survive, cutie-cop?"

"M-mom..." Skye stammered. He shook his head. "No. I warned you. I told you to leave me alone. You shouldn't have gotten involved."

Anna ran to Red's side as fast as she could. "Wake up Mom. Please wake up. I don't want to loose you. I can't..."

Skye suddenly found himself blindside by as blow to the head as Melody slammed into him, but he seemed unfazed, just surprised.

"You piece of $!%&! How could you do that to Mom," she yelled at him, before charging again. Skye made a quick motion like a backhand, and Melody was flung backwards again, this time with a gash across her chest.

"I'm not sure my pride will," said Ziona as she stood up. "I don't understand, where's his power coming from?"

-----------

Miles screamed as the plunger was pushed, a burning sensation flooding his body. On top of everything else it was more than he could stand, and Miles blacked out.

Zamy quickly slapped her cuffs on the unconscious Miles, then breathed a sigh of relief before turning to see Hope R in a coughing fit. She really didn't look good.

Locke grabbed skye from behind."Son, I think we have to talk."

------------------------------------

"Don't ask, too hard to explain."Said Glen."Let's just... Get out of here."

"Not you as well," shouted Skye. "I don't want to hurt my whole family." Skye took to the air, not even needing his tails to fly.

Melody lay on the ground, squirming in pain.

-----------

"Can't do that Glen. I have to do my job. And if we find out where that power is coming from we could stop it. The only time his case file said he was close to that level was when..." Ziona's words trailed off. She opened her radio. "Zamy. Where are you? One of us need to head back to the lab and see if any other portals were activated during our attack."

Hope ran over to Melody. "Are you ok?" she asked worriedly.

---

"I'm at the lab. Miles is cuffed, and I think Robotnik jabbed him with something. She looks in really bad shape as well," replied Zamy.

Locke grabbed Skye again."Enough ! Haven't you done enough for a day ? You nearly killed your mother, and soon your sister as well ! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH."

-------------------------------

"Locke will take care of everything here. Let's make sure the crazy girl is properly stopped."

"They... They s-should have t-tried to stop m-me," argued Skye. "They s-should have l-let me d-do what I-I-I needed to do."

--------------

"I hope you're right Glen. Otherwise this assignment is gonna end really badly." She opened her radio again. "Zamy, hang tight, I'm on my way," said Ziona as she activated her own teleporter.

"I am."Said glen."It's his familly after all." he grabbed her .

--------------------------

"And revenge was what you needed to do? Revenge on someone who wasn't at fault at the time? Skye. I taught you better than that." said Locke

"It was h-his fault. He made m-m-me suffer. He made M-melody suffer. And even if w-we shouldn't e-exist, I-I'll make s-sure no other c-child has to s-suffer at h-his hands," Skye continued, though his resolve seemed to be weakening.

-------

"Hope? Is that you?" Melody moaned. "Is this where you tell me it's 'not that bad'?"

-------

Anna was trying to patch up Red's wounds, using strips of clothing as bandages.

------

Ziona and Glen arrived back in the lab. "This is not a pretty sight. I'm gonna check the computer systems."

"Something like that. You're alive at least," replied Hope.

----

"Ok. The logs are still up," replied Zamy.

Glen sat down in front of Hope, saying nothing.

---------------------------------

"And now, you are the one making her suffer."Said Locke."Is this what you want? Look around you : enough damage has been done."

"This... This isn't what I-I wanted. I-I-I just wanted to stop h-him. H-he keeps hurting m-me. H-he wrecked m-my childhood. H-he hurt M-melody. H-he destroyed M-mother. H-he keeps attacking A-anna. H-he tricking m-me into thinking h-he was a f-friend. And h-he ALWAYS BEATS ME! I CAN NEVER STOP HIM!" Skye screamed, almost in pain.

-------------

"I'm not so certain of that," said Melody, trying to smile.

-------------

"Lets have a look. It does appear as if another portal was opened. Let's see if I can get this visual system to work. Ah, there we go... Oh no," Ziona breathed as she looked at the screen. "It's another Syphon Station."

"Well your sense of humour isn't dead at least," joked Hope.

----

"Syphon Station? What's that?" asked Zamy as Shadow's eyes widened

"Not again," he muttered.

"So, proud of yourself?"Asked Glen to hope.

---------------------------------

"This period is over skye. He isn't part of your family anymore. He isn't even a part of your past anymore. You are free of him."Explained locke, hoping to confort Skye.

"I-I-I'm not f-f-free. H-h-he keeps. Coming. BACK!"

------------

"Yay. I'm a joke cracking ghost then," said Melody. She giggled, which caused her to wince in pain again.

------------

"It's an device designed to suck all energy from a Zone and store it. But... I don't think this one's been fully activated. I think it's only being drawing in energy slowly. And Skye opened a portal to it... Which means..."

"Nope you're still in the land of the living Melody. Or a zombie."

----

"Of course I am. My current state is only a temporary side effect," replied Hope R as she shook.

"Great. He's gone nuts again," said Zamy.

"Hmm, you know, the thought of brains does seem rather tasty," joked Melody.

----------

"Like the swirling energy, manic screaming, and attacking us all weren't already clues to that," muttered Ziona. The she shook her head. "Sorry, you went after Miles. You didn't see that." Ziona turned back to the screen. "We need to destroy that station."