The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Melody began focusing on the buttons as opposed to mashing randomly, trying to find a combo to break through Honey's defence.

------------------------

"You're right Glen, I shouldn't be sitting hear brooding. Thanks" She stood up and began walking to the shore. "I just hope the rumours I heard of a conspiracy behind all of this aren't true."

" hey, if you keep on like this, I might actually loose this time!!! Hehe, looks like my help and the beginner's luck are going to play against me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah come on. How about you sit this one out? See this as extended vacation. You'll have all the time in the world to get paranoid After that."

"First mistake. Never ever give your opponent advice when going in for the kill. And yeah, I know I just broke that rule!"

---------------------------

"I sorta am sitting this out. Officially I'm still assigned to watching over those two Prower kids. I didn't take part in the attack after all. But even if I do sit out, I'm still gonna worry about my friends."

"Going for the kill? That's crude!!!!! By the way, All I did was helping you out . Not that it will change a lot now....."Said honey with a smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who wouldnt after all? But for now,you'll be better off waiting . Don't rush in or get your head full of bad though, or else, when they'll need you the most, you won't be at your maximum."

"S-s-sorry. I think this game might be putting me in a bad mindset," Melody apologised, he game starting to slip slightly.

---------------------------

"You're right. You really need to stay off the drinks Glen, you can make sense when you're not drunk."

Shadow finished his cake and presented it to Rouge.

"A frowny face? Not exactly original but it suits you," she said as she took a slice out of it.

"It's delicious. Well done Shadow. You've passed this test."

"Thanks Rouge."

"You'd need to take anger management if you keep on being mad everytime you are playing a fighting game." Honey then decided that it was time."Ok, Time to end this now.". Her character jumped on melody's, flought away, got down shortly after, and finished by a marvelous supplex. "VICTORY!!!!!" Said honey, jumping. "That was though, you know? A bit of training and you'll be good enough to beat even better people than me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If it was that easy, I would not be single and stranded in another dimension." Joked Glen. "But I might consider this, If there is a reward."

"Argh, DAMMIT!" Melody exclaimed, followed by an inventive stream of curse words. She took a series of deep breaths. "I'm not gonna get mad, I'm not gonna get mad... stupid game..."

----------------------

"Glen, almost half the people you are with are also stranded in a different dimension," Ziona replied with a smile. "And you shouldn't get worked up about being single. There's still plenty of time."

Hope chuckled at Melody's little outburst.

Shadow and Rouge lay back down on the bed and switched on the TV. He decided to wait until after dark to complete his next task.

"Hey hey, clam down. For a first time, you did last longer than many around.You'll get better with as you play." Said Honey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stranded? Nah, They can alway come back. I can't. My life as it was is now over Zionna. I'm dead, or soon to be, Merely living on borrowed time. This is why I try to enjoy life as much as I can. And probably why this 'single' question is bugging me that much. With my luck, even skye might get someone before me. Not that it's likely to happen."

"I... I'm sorry Honey. I didn't mean to yell like that. I just don't. Like. To. Lose."

---------------------

Ziona was about to dive into the sea, then she spun round to face Glen.

"Borrowed time? What do you mean? I understand that you feel your old life is over, but why would that make you dead? Unless... have you some incurable disease?"

(ooc: Poor Glen's gonna get a shock when Skye gets back. And Shadow might be waiting for a while, I don't think it's the afternoon yet!)

"Life has it's up and down you know? One day you win , and the other you loose. It's normal, and also better that way. you know why? Because after a while, if we don't get hurt much, our tolerance to pain gets lower, and lower. See this as 'the higher you are, the harder the fall. And then there is the floor.'Someone that know what loosiing feel like will handle defeat peacefully,and show respect to the one in front of him, shall he win. But that doesn't mean you can't have a victory pose ! just know when to top so you can share this with your adversary.Like I'm going to do right now. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What? no , no. It's not that. It's just......" Glen took the time to think. " I'm burned out cuty-cop. Completely burned out.out of the game. I have sen, and donee so many thing that I don't know how I can move around and sleep correctly at night...." He kept on."But I'm glad to see another me that made it out of this hellhole he might have started his life in."

(Ooc:Oh yes he will. And shadow? knowing these two, Things might happen. Beside, let's not forget about locke and his ex-wife.)

"That... hmm.... That actually makes a lot of sense. It's probably why I got so mad just then, I was placed on a pretty high pedestal. And that was the first time I was push off." Melody gave a slight shudder. "Bad choice of metaphor," she muttered to herself.

"Another game? Though, something less... aggressive this time."

--------------------

Ziona placed a comforting hand on Glen's shoulder.

"Glen I'm sorry. I don't think there is much I can really say. I've no idea what you've gone though, or whether you should or shouldn't feel guilt for what you done. But right now, you are alive. You need to find something to aim for. Not just indulging in the moment, but something long term to set your sights on and keep moving towards."

On the second thought, perhaps I'll leave Glen and Ziona alone for once. By the way, Locke, shouldn't you be making preparations for your ex wife?

(OOC I know. I'm sure I can keep them occupied til then).

Shadow chaos controlled to his apartment then appeared back in their hotel room, some DVDs in his hand.

"What did you bring this time? Some of those old human films?" she asked.

"Of course. I've yet to see any Mobian best them."

"And I'm also going to guess that instead of looking for something we'd both like, you just grabbed what you like?"

"Well, um, yes," he said reluctantly.

"Get over here then."

Shadow walked over. Rouge took hold of his arm, and slapped his hand.

"Bad boy," she said in a mocking tone, before looking through the films.

"Dog Soldiers looks like it could be fun. Stick that on."

Shadow put it in the dvd player then returned to the bed.

"Don't worry dear." Said Honey."Well, since you seem to always be on the move, how about this one ? It's a dancing game. All you have to do is stomping on the right arrow. But it can get quite ...Crazy , depending on the song you choose."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That might be a good idea, indeed. And no, I won't do anything this time. The place is Clean enough, and beside, drinks are already in the fridge."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ooc: Dog soldier.... really? XD it was a crazy movie.)

"Yes, you are right.....Oh boy , and Here I am, feeling miserable while a cute little vixen in a very nice swimsuit is conforting me..... let's get in that water, that should clean us of all our bad thoughs."

Said Glen before throwing his clothe off, showing his ..... well, swimtrunk .what did you expect ?

"Crazy eh? I think that's an apt descriptor for me," said Melody as she leapt onto the platform. "Hmm, which song? I really liked this one when I heard it this morning."

-------------------------

Ziona shook her head with amusement that Glen still seemed to be after her, then took a running start and jumped into the water.

Well then, there's not much else to do

*Gets up*

So call me if you need anything

*Goes to room and shuts door*

"Huh, I'll let you choose.But this sure is going to keep us on the move!"

""-------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, Alone again. At least , You are both here, Red and Crowley."

"Anything for the two men in my life, I keep telling you all that."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, thats not fair ! "As Glen ran after her.

What was sad though was all the eyes that were on him and his cybernetics.....

"Just the way I like it," said Melody with a grin as the song kicked in.

--------------------------

Ziona glanced back and saw the stares directed at Glen. "Hmph. Mobians claim to be an accepting culture, but when the come across someone actually different..." She shook her head. "C'mon Glen, what's taking you so long." she called.

"Hey, you are doing good! You almost seem a natural at this" Said honey, amazed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glen did not mind the look. after all, he had a quite good cybernetic arms. and the fact that he was shirtless allowed for a better view of how it actually looked like.... at least until you get to the scar that is.

"Im right behind you "Said glen, as he put his hands on zionna's eye " Guess who?"

"Like I said, I've done a lot of acrobatic like stuff in the past," Melody replied, so far not missing a step.

-------------------------

"Hmm, someone who always put his foot in it?" Ziona joked. She took ahold of one of Glen's arms and, pushing off the seabed, flipped herself over Glen landing behind him."

"Well, you weren't lying then." Honey was holding on too. Experience tend to help a lot in that case.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Huh.....I don't follow. What just happenned now?"

"You might have noticed, I'm not that good at lying."

-------------------

"You think a 'cutie-cop' won't know how to handle herself?" laughed Ziona. "Okay, maybe I'm just being silly and showing off."

"I noticed that indeed."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"But I never said otherwise cutie-cop." Said Glen"And I like people who can show off from time to time. especially in a swimsuit. That make both me and my calendar Happy."