The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

I'm not an old person, Glen. I hope you know that

"Yes excellent suggestion Glen," said Croeley sarcastically.

Rouge and Shadow stood at the final hole.

"Ok Shadow, I've done 35 shots, and you've done 37. I think we both know you've lost."

The hole was a long one, going down two levels. Rouge managed to get round in 4, which was 1 below par. Shadow took aim and once again hit the ball with all his might, sending it bouncing off of the scenery and up into the air before miraculously landing in the hole. With a smug smile he collected their balls and returned the clubs.

"I told you Rouge, you just can't win against me."

"That was pure luck Shadow. If that hadn't have gone in I'd have won."

"And yet it did go in, as I intended."

"Just tell me what's next," said a visibly frustrated Rouge.

"Bowling."

The moment Tikal kissed him half of Skye's brain just locked-up.

"I...I... T-thank you Tikal... I-It's no t-trouble at all, n-no one should b-be alone." he finally managed to speak.

Skye was immensely glad he'd preformed the ritual to remove his stammer. He hated to think what he'd sound like otherwise.

----------------------------------------------

"Well, I don't know my way around the island, but how about..... that way?" suggested Melody, pointing in a random direction.

(ooc: you're a great optimist Dylan.)

"Look, I don't feel like going out again. Just imagine : What could basically fall on us this time? I say, we enjoy the scenery here, and call sole entertainment to the penthouse. At leadt , until noon." Said Glen. "Then we get to meet Mina."

---------

"You are sweet , you know that? But what is your name , and how did you ended up here? The guardian are very protective of me and the emerald." said Tikal.

---------------

"Hum.... we'll be better of starting at the shopping area, don't you think ?"

(ooc: I'll take that asa compliment, Skye)

Mina?!

Just you two?

"Sounds good to me. Though I think you mean when you all go to meet Mina. I'd rather continue to stay and relax here," said Crowley.

"You don't... actually I don't think I told you my name when we last talked. That was just telepathy. M-my name's Skye, and I think I was allowed here because me and my sister have been adopted by Locke. Though I would have expected someone to be hanging around here."

----------------------------

"Yeah, that's a better plan. Good job I'm not in charge. I always do stuff without thinking."

(ooc: it was meant to be)

"Relaxing in the penthouse is a good idea indeed. But you and melody are already going somewhere . as for me.... I have to prepare myself for what await me later on this day." Said Locke.

--------------------------/

"Allowed ?What do you mean? Don't you know that everyone can come to the shrine ? why do you think i'm left in the open like that? It is true that the guardian are protecting me , and some even care a lot about me, but they know how much I enjoy other people's company ." Said tikal.

"By the way, since you are talking anout last time.... Why were you blushing when Locke made his Joke about you taking me out for a drink ?" She had a playful smile.

-------------------------

"You are making it sound like it was terrible."Said Honey."Sometimes it's good to just rush without thinking" she said with a smile.

"S-sorry, I thought access was limited to the shrine," explained Skye. He tried to think why he'd been blushing, but just couldn't come up with a single reason for it.

"I... I don't know why," Skye truthfully explained, "I just thought that you were a really nice girl, the nicest I've met, and I... I uh, really, really wanted... uh, want to be friends.

-------------------------------

"Oh no, it's not terrible. But sometimes you can miss out on things if you're not careful!"

"You seem to have a lots of qualities as well Skye . We can be whatever you want, as long as we are together ." Said Tikal ."Now I know that I'm not alone anymore."

--------------------------

"Well, let's get in, and don't forget: ly treats fir the day." Said honey.

"I'll always be here for you Tikal," Skye said. Then his brain kicked in. 'Why did I say that? It sounds a little extreme.' he thought to himself, 'In fact, why I'm I so excited just to be talking with her. This makes no sense.'

--------------------

Melody almost ran full pelt into the story, but manged to check herself and just walked in instead. Slightly overawed at the choice, she turned to Hope.

"I've haven't listened to much music before, do you have any suggestions? What kind of music do you like?"

"Me? Well I mainly listen to rock and pop, though my CD collection has practically every genre under the sun in it somewhere." Hope then picked up a greatest hits albulm nearby. "This band's pretty good."

"Oh thank you !!!!" Tikal gave him a warm hug ."Here is something for you. You can get it on your ear." She gave him one of the leaf she had on her hairband."That way, if you want, I can accompagny you everywhere you might be , isn't that great ?" She smile ."That way , you won't feel alone anymore...."She kept on hugging him."I can feel what is in your heart . something was , and is trying to eat you away... I will protect you from this monster."

-------------------

"Well, at least I found The cd you wanted , melody ."Said Honey."but I do find it funny that someone named melody doesn't sing that much."

The logical part of Skye's brain was still trying to analyse what was going on, but it overloaded and shut down the moment Tikal hugged him. Skye hugged her back, feeling ecstatic. He cradled the leaf gently.

"Oh, thankyouthankyou Tikal. You've no idea how much this means to me. It is great, and you'll be able to see much more of the world now too."

An idea occurred to Skye.

"I'm.... uh, going to a concert soon. I don't think you'll have even been to one before. Would you like to?" spilled out of Skye's mouth far to fast.

------------------------------

"Cool, thanks for the suggestion Hope. There's a sample station there. I'll have a listen to some tracks." She then turned to Honey. "I, uh, well, didn't really have much of a chance to sing until recently. I'm not even sure if I can."

"But i heard your brother and Locke talking abiut the fact that they heard you singing ... he was quite happy to know that you could act like a real kid from time to time, forgetting the everyday life and enjoying the moment.... strange words don't you think?"

----/-----------------------

"You can now think of me as your guardian angel!!! I'll be always there , following you, an protecting you with my light." Said Tikal."Well, why not ? I'll be happy to join if that don't pose to much of a problem... di they happen to make a discount for a little fox and his floating ghost?"

Skye gave a laugh. "We're getting the ticket's from a friend so I don;t think we need to worry about cost. I'll just need to let him know someone else is coming." Another idea sprung into Skye's mind.

"Tikal, uh, this might sound a little strange. I know you're a spirit, but, uh, are you able to eat?"

-----------------------------------

"Dad and Skye heard me sing? What did they think? Was I good?" Melody breathlessly asked. "And, really," she continued a bit more sombre, "It's not that strange. Me and Skye, we didn't have what you'd call a happy childhood. But that's all changed now. At least for me. I think Skye is still depressed slightly by the past. I just wish something would happen to really lift his spirits."

"I think they were too bewildered at you singing in the first place to pass judgement. I can't imagine it was worse than mine though." said Hope with a chuckle.

Melody laughed as well. "Maybe we should do a duet and find out." She took a quick glance around the store. "They've gotta have a karaoke machine here!"

Relaxing in the penthouse is not my sort of thing, but isn't like I have very much choice on what to do. So fine. What's your big plan then, Locke?

"I'm going to say hello to my ex-wife."Stated Locke.

-----------------------------

"What do you have in mind Skye ?" Asked Tikal.

(ooc: let's just picture the scene. Skye has his back against the emerald, and tikal is still against him, after she just finished the hug.)

-----------------------------

"Well, I'm glad to hear that things are basically better for you now." Said Honey."and we'll find something, don't worry."

Well, good luck with that. I hope it goes well

"I was just thinking, if you wanted to, I could use my magic to, uh, summon up a picnic for us. Though," he half turned to look at the Master Emerald, "I would need to borrow a little bit of power so I don't end up unconscious!"

-----------------------------------

"Basically better? Try infinitely better! Hey Hope, if we do get a karaoke machine and take it back to the hotel, do you think you and Rouge could persuade Shadow to sing?"

"Maybe. Rouge probably could if she twists his arm so to speak."

Shadow landed another strike. Over the last half an hour he had demonstrated either incredible skill or incredible luck at 10 pin bowling. Rouge decided to test which of the 2 it was after their game, making sure her deck of cards was still in her pocket.