The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

'Hope I... Oh, she's gone,' thought Melody, suddenly feeling far more alone.

Skye looked around the room. The younger Melody seemed to be almost wilting on the bed, while the older one was hiding behind him from Red. Anna was sitting on the floor in a corner, slightly curled up.

'This is not the happy reunion I was hoping for,' thought Skye.

---------------

"Yeah. Just the kind of day you want for a walk. We must be lucky," said Miles. As they passed a pond, Miles stooped to pick up a stone an skimmed it across the water.

"Life isn't cruel, but the people in it tend to be.."Said Locke."Even though we triomphed of our troubles , others arise , and each day see us more weary ...."

---------------------------------------

"I'll be surprising you as much as you'll do then." said glen.

(ooc: I just love the disonnance between my two characters.)

"Maybe that's because some of us haven't been getting enough sleep," muttered the younger Melody to herself, thinking back to the reason Locke had collapsed a few days ago,

"So how are we gonna triumph over this one?" asked Skye.

--------------

"I'll need to think of something then," said Ziona.

Hope sat down in her chair, clearly annoyed.

------

"Yeah. I guess it's finally turning around. And I could never get the hang of skimming. Mine always sunk like... well, like a rock," said Zamy.

"Really? Huh! I'd assumed as you were good with hitting thing with a bat you'd be good at throwing." Miles knelt down and picked up another two stones, handing one to Zamy. "If you hold it like thing, and move your hand this way when you throw it," he said, moving his hand slowly to show her, then fast to send then stone skimming.

Dylan sat down outside the room. With no one to talk to and nothing to do he thought he might as well try listening in

"Together, skye . Together." said Locke."And it's going to be toughter than any other fight you ever had, because you'll be having it with words instead of weapons and magic."

------------------------------------

"Dont try too hard , ziona. we still got your arm."

"So, uh, this is about the Melody's idea. Does everyone know about it?" Skye asked, looking mainly at Red. "And how do you two feel about it?"

--------------

"I'll just need to be imaginative then!" said Ziona

"Oh I am good at throwing, it's just normally I'm hurling something straight and with a lot of force," replied Zamy before she tried throwing it with Miles' technique, with some success.

"Hey, it didn't sink right away that time," pointed out Miles. "But if you get the hang of this, it's actually a slightly more accurate way of throwing. Though maybe not as forceful. What's that saying; 'it's all in the wrist'!"

Dylan barely stopped himself laughing hearing what Locke said

"He should've come to the fight with Miley. Then he can make judgements about the difficulty of fights"

"I can understand Melody's point of view."Said Locke."But it doesn't stop the fact that she cannot do that anyway. And this , even if she suddenly has a twin sister . Do other twins try to get a new body ? No.On the contrary, they embrace it."

--------------------------------------------------------

Glen nuzzled against Zionna's , feeling her fur against his nose.

"Twins are normally born together. I wasn't. I was pulled into this world with a bunch of cobbled together memories that are not my own," said the younger Melody. "It's not a case of we look the same, we ARE the same. Only I've gotta dye job. That not enough. And I don't understand why you are so against this. Melody needs a new body, and I WANT one. Melody gets her body, as well as those years she lost as a cyborg. I get a new form. Everybody wins."

-------------

Ziona gave a little gasp "Heh, your nose is cold!"

"That is the thing ,Melody !!! You WANT one , when she desperatly needs it ! The operation is extremly risked in the first time . I cannot allow myself to loose my two daughter again ."

-----------------------------------------------

"Sorry, I'll get it warmer with your fur ."

Skye cleared his throat. "Uh, I wouldn't call this extremely risky at all. And I can put safeguards in place to minimises any risk."

"You haven't lost me once," said the older Melody. "But I don't want a new body unless it has my speed, or something else special. And Skye said he couldn't guarantee that."

"But if she get's mine, she has a guarantee," said the younger Melody. "Please Dad. I know you think it's risky, but it's a lot let dangerous than any of the situations we've been in recently."

-------------

"Just as long as it doesn't make you sneeze!"

"Well, at least he's concerned for their safety. That's something" he thought. "And safeguards sound like a good plan too"

"Melody, you are talking about a body transfer . Everything is dangerous ."Said Locke."I cannot just accept that ."

-----------------------------------

"Oh no, I couldn't get sick with a fur like this."

"Okay then, hypothetically, if there was absolutely no danger, would you let me do this? And if not, WHY?" asked Melody

----------

Ziona smiled and started nuzzling Glen back.

"I'm pretty sure Skye would know better than you would Locke" Dylan thought. "If Skye thinks you can do it without many risks, then I'd trust him on it. Besides, this is what they both want, so as long as they're happy, it should be fine"

Locke was at a crossroad. on one hand there was the life of his two daughter, changing forever. And on the other, his own fears. he had to make a choice, and it was an irrevocable one."I...." He started.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"we should do this more often."Said GleN.

Melody sensed how important Locke's words were about to be and looked at him pleadingly.

Skye looked between the two, suspecting he'd soon need to comfort his sister. He tried to think of another solution if Locke said no. But if Locke's objection was to Melody changing rather than the way it was done, he doubted he could come up with anything.

Anna was still sitting in the corner. 'Why does my sister have to be so weird?' she thought to herself.

--------

"But wouldn't that make it less special?" asked Ziona as she kissed Glen's neck.

"The important isn't that it should be special."said Glen."It's to do it with someone you choose to be with."

-----------------------------------

"First of all ... Anna, come closer, please." Started Locke."Melody, like I said Sooner, the predicament you are in, now that ... you older sister is here is understandable. But what you are asking for isn't just an operation to change a part of your body. You are asking for an irreversible process that might have more negative effect than Good. You need to think this through first . "

"She sounded pretty fixated to me" Dylan thought. "She's probably thought plenty about this already"

Anna got up and ran over to Locke, hugging him tightly as if it would somehow block out the conversion.

"Okay, that's the weirdest thing yet," murmured the older Melody, unable to reconcile the meek and seemingly timid Anna with the Mina she'd known.

"But I have thought about this Dad. This is..." started the younger Melody.

Skye cleared his throat loudly.

"Actually, you've only had about twenty minutes. You should try and at least make up you mind with a cold head, though when you're this fired up that could take a day or two. Anyway, I might have a solution here." Skye took a deep breath and began.

"I know this body creation presents an immediate opportunity, but there is another way. First, you do nothing Melody until you're back on your feet again."

"What? You can't be serious!" the younger Melody interrupted.

"Let me finish," retorted Skye. "While you're healing, I'll do research on permanent Transformation spells. Once you're back on your feet, IF you still want to have a new body then, I can perform a transformation ritual, which will alter you genetically so it will be like having a new body. However, this transformation will NOT be permanent. It will last, say, a month or so. At the end of the month, then, and only then, if you still want to go through with this change, we can make it permanent."

Skye turned to Locke and Red.

"Mom? Dad? Does that sound okay?" he asked.

--------

"Then I definitely choose it to be you," whispered Ziona.

"These days haven't let us a lot of time to rest and think."said Locke."You are still young , melody, and acting so hastily isn't the way to go. So we'll wait for now. But on the case of you sister, if a more definitive solution could be found, that would be nice. What Mina did to her is unforgivable."

-------------------------------

"You'd like to be me ? well, that might be a little hard." Said Glen.