The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"It still worries me. And please tell me these other things*

Hope jotted down her notes and checked the time, hopping on to a stall when she realised she had time to kill for now.

"By that logic I can't give you an answer then if the question answers itself."

------------------------------------

Astraea makes it to the top of the island and looks over the shrine. With no sign of Spectre or Kali anywhere, she flies out over the island in search of them.

"That's... unimportant right now." Said Sabre.

----------

"why don't you try and understand those around you ?" asked spectre ."They came as friend , you answered with hatred. why doing so? is this only because of your military roots ?"

"How is it 'unimportant'?" snapped Melody. "Dad collapsed and you're calling the reasons unimportant?"

"It is because of my elemental composition. The earth yearns to consume me. Fire wishes to evaporate me. The wind desires to separate me from the rest. It is a cycle between all of us that give reason as to why we do not combine as one. There can be no equality because there simply is no way to do so."

----------------------------------

As Astraea flies around the island, she notices a light from the reflection of ice on the lake. She looks closer to see Spectre holding up Trigun while Kali sits next to both of them. In a hurry, she lets out more flames and she rushes down to see what was going on.

"you just don't need to know right now." said Sabre.

"Why are you holding out on us?" Melody screamed, "Why won't you tell us?"

"Melody, calm down, please," begged Skye.

"Because this is something that shouldn't have happenned in the first time."Said Sabre.

"Intrigue me then." Trigun says as he looks over to see Astraea land. Kali stands up in surprise.

"I thought you were down on the other island." he says walking up to her.

"And I thought you two were going work with us as a team to capture him!" she yells pointing at Trigun. "Why didn't you tell us what was going on?"

"It was too much in the moment, we had no other choice." he tries to explain.

"No other choice!? What, do you think we're not strong enough to help you two? Need I remind you that you're the one with uncontrollable powers!"

"What are you talking about?" Kali says confused. "I can use my powers just fine!"

"Then why did Knuckles tell me about you transforming into a Titan back in the arctic?"

Kali looks at her with confusion. He then looks back to Spectre.

"Oh, you didn't tell him what happened?" Trigun says with a smirk. "You're only hiding the truth from him by doing that."

"What's he talking about!?" Kali asks.

"You almost killed everyone after I froze you over. It's quite the technique your people use, however all of your thought is lost. I'm surprised they managed to stop you without any casualties."

"Then tell us so we can make sure it never happens again," pleded Melody

"I'm affraid I can't ."Said Sabre."This isn't something he'd want you to know."

---------

"You cannot win, so you throw the seed of doubt on them all ..... Such method ..."Spectre looked away in disdain.

Kali looks in annoyance to everyone dodging his question.

"Well then I guess I'm the one who has to break it to him." Trigun says laughing. "The reason you never go through a second phase like I can is because you simply do not remember it." he goes on, creating ice with his hand.

"You grow to an enormous size and terrorize everything in your path, friend or foe. I can only assume they told you that you froze over an that was the end of it. Of course, that isn't the first time you've done this."

Both Kali and Astraea look to him confused. "What are you getting at?" Astraea asks.

"Oh, you're not aware yet, but this is the future, and the reason we're here is all because of him."

"You lie!" Kali yells.

"I do no such thing. If you had not lost control in the war, neither us, nor the wind soldier that was with us would have had to use our second abilities to survive your rampage. That clash of power fused together and caused a vortex which sucked us into the future, and destroyed the world we once knew. Without the fourth element, and the means to control you, there is no way for us to return to our time."

Astraea looks to Kali confused. "Is what he's saying true?"

"He claims this is the future, but I know nothing of this power he keeps referring to."

"Of course." Astraea says, piecing it together herself. "It all makes sense now, why us two remember everything and you don't. The time rift made you forget more than just your transformation."

Kali then turns and looks to her. "So you knew of this happening and you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't expect you to be the reason behind it all! We were fighting for our lives against you, there was no way to make sense of the situation until now!"

Trigun turns to Specre with an evil smirk. "And so begins the truth behind the peace you wish to try and create."

"I don't like people keeping secrets from me even if I do it myself. Please tell us. This is important"

"I see."Says spectre."A shame really. A shame that you cannot accept peace , even when everything around is pushing you to do so."He sighed, yet again."The world only works because of an harmony, An harmony that you willing to destroy ."

----------

"No, this isn't important."Said Sabre."This is a file he kept hidden for years . probably by fear of someone repezting said action."

"That sounds important," commented Skye

"I understand your point. But if he didn't want anyone to know, he must have had a good reason." said sabre.

"It better be a $@*&% good reason if he's not gonna tell us what's happening here." growled Melody

"Melody !" Said Red."Your language !!!"

Savre was unsure about what direction taking .... would he tells them , or keep it silent ?

"S-sorry Mom. But somethings really wrong with Dad and they're not telling us what!"

sabre sighed."I guess you deserve to know, since you are part of the family. it concern him and knuckles.... after a fateful dream concerning His first son, Locke went out of his way to protect him. After several , failed attempt , he did the last thing he could : modifying his own gene to make them more resilient and compatible with chao energy. he hoped that this anomaly would pass on to his son , and give him the power he would need,"

"But by doing so, he also paid an heavy toll. While knuckles is mostly spared, Locke's body wasn't suppose to handle such power ... "

"Dad... Dad changed himself?" asked Skye shocked.

"No wonder he had a hang-up about that ritual," murmured Melody, glancing at Anna.

"We were able to stop the worse from happenning , But locke is still weak."Said sabre ."It's also why he wasn't usually seen using his chao powers as much as someone like Spectre... It does actually hurt him."

"Why... Why didn't he tell us? Warn us?" asked Anna