BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

I doubt Sega had anything with the Mega Man comic going on a temporary hiatus.

Seriously, I think it's because Flynn needs some rest. 

Seriously, I think it's because Flynn needs some rest. 

He made a tweet but deleted it. Got a screenshot from a friend.

flynnohqkk.png

"I cannot comment..." Exactly what we heard during the Penders lawsuit. That tells a lot by not saying anything, especially if it was removed.

I'm pretty sure the cause of this is Xander Payne because "Mega Man can't have any human villain besides Dr. Wily."

I'm pretty sure the cause of this is Xander Payne because "Mega Man can't have any human villain besides Dr. Wily."

Then dr.cossack should be remove to because he's a human. I know and the end it was dr.wily but before that did you really think wily would be behind MM4 since many though he died at the end of MM3.

eh, the sonic comic has gone completely off the rails from the plot(s) that the games took on, Nobody is battening down that Wily is the only human villain Megaman will ever face. In the context of the games they are only reaching 4 out of...dang how many Megaman games are there in total, counting the hand held and spin-offs...

Then dr.cossack should be remove to because he's a human. I know and the end it was dr.wily but before that did you really think wily would be behind MM4 since many though he died at the end of MM3.

I don't think so. If Flynn will make an Mega Man Gigamix adaption then Cossack is still alive because he was rebuilding Duo. Did Kalinka died? because that's what I am thinking might happen because it's a shock for basically everyone.

uh..unlike xanders, cossack is an official character in the game with a major role. mm3 was supposed to be the final game but it got so popular they had to make a new one. they needed wily to come back because he was the ultimate villian of the series, so they made his return unexpected and surprising by making cossack as the enemy.

in the game there were other villians both controlled by wily or betraying and not obeying wily, but they appeared in only one game and was not a reoccurring enemy. meanwhile xander is a completely separate villain who doesnt work under wily and (sorta) have power either equal or greater than him. in the comic xander continuously appear as the enemy, fight megaman directly without any robots, seem to harness more harm to surrounding via terrorism, and future xander as mr.x make wily surrender and follow his orders. oh yeah and he got the portal opening eye in WU.

I don't think so. If Flynn will make an Mega Man Gigamix adaption then Cossack is still alive because he was rebuilding Duo. Did Kalinka died? because that's what I am thinking might happen because it's a shock for basically everyone.

wait, what do u mean by gigamix adaption? duo was rebuilt by light in the games, gigamix simply switched it to cossack because originally the game producers were planning to make cossack duos creater but decided space police was better.

and i am confused about the cossack and kalinka dying part

wait, what do u mean by gigamix adaption? duo was rebuilt by light in the games, gigamix simply switched it to cossack because originally the game producers were planning to make cossack duos creater but decided space police was better.

and i am confused about the cossack and kalinka dying part

Mega Man Gigamix was a Manga from Capcom and basically a Mega Man V adaption where the Stardroids were captured by that evil energy monster (which was beaten in MM 7 by Duo). In the Manga it gets beaten by Rock and so the Stardroids are free again and wanted that humans began to fear them because with fear they could create Ra Moon which was just an egg for Sunstar and Sunstar "ate" the fear of the humans to become much stronger. Also the from the fights destroyed Duo was rebuilt (not created) by Cossack again and Duo helped Mega Man in the fight against the Stardroids.

It was only a guess but Wily have to capture Kalinka to suppress Cossack (MM4 adaptation) and I just have the feeling that killing Kalinka makes the whole storyline of the Mega Man Comics interesting, because that will change the whole Cossack character and that makes him a good villian for Wily and Light as a third/fourth antagonist.

Mega Man Gigamix was a Manga from Capcom and basically a Mega Man V adaption where the Stardroids were captured by that evil energy monster (which was beaten in MM 7 by Duo). In the Manga it gets beaten by Rock and so the Stardroids are free again and wanted that humans began to fear them because with fear they could create Ra Moon which was just an egg for Sunstar and Sunstar "ate" the fear of the humans to become much stronger. Also the from the fights destroyed Duo was rebuilt (not created) by Cossack again and Duo helped Mega Man in the fight against the Stardroids.

It was only a guess but Wily have to capture Kalinka to suppress Cossack (MM4 adaptation) and I just have the feeling that killing Kalinka makes the whole storyline of the Mega Man Comics interesting, because that will change the whole Cossack character and that makes him a good villian for Wily and Light as a third/fourth antagonist.

The giant moon was called dark moon not ra moon because inafune said super adventure rockman was non-canon do to how unmegaman it was. Also kalinka never die and any of the mangas in megamix/gigamix they age her up a bit but that's all no dying of any sort,

in the gigamix version duo sealed the stardroids inside him but was defeated by megaman when he came to earth to kill wily, releasing them. and i just checked but cossack didnt exactly "rebuild" duo, he simply stuck the giant duo arm he found on a prototype body he built using gamma's blueprint he stole from wily and duo's soul somehow slipped in it. and it wasnt ramoon it was dark moon, gigamix decided to mix in ramoon with darkmoon to make it interesting. and sunstars in there. wow gigamix is crazy.

archie does make several megamix references, but i don't know if they will ignore the mm8 storyline and make cossack fix or build duo when they usually follow the game script.

"good villian"...u mean poor dad losing his only loving daughter leaving him heartbroken, traumatized and possibly mentally unstable? we do have that one scene in rock of ages (#20?) where cossack say "im sorry but he left me no choice! and now because of you shes dead!" implying wily threatened to kill kalinka if cossack couldn't defeat megaman. in game cossack doesn't say anything, protoman immediately comes and bring kalinka who explains the detail. it will be interesting if kalinka did die and ian did say hes going to do pretty big stuff in mm4, but i don't think theyre going to be that extreme.

in the gigamix version duo sealed the stardroids inside him but was defeated by megaman when he came to earth to kill wily, releasing them. and i just checked but cossack didnt exactly "rebuild" duo, he simply stuck the giant duo arm he found on a prototype body he built using gamma's blueprint he stole from wily and duo's soul somehow slipped in it. and it wasnt ramoon it was dark moon, gigamix decided to mix in ramoon with darkmoon to make it interesting. and sunstars in there. wow gigamix is crazy.

archie does make several megamix references, but i don't know if they will ignore the mm8 storyline and make cossack fix or build duo when they usually follow the game script.

"good villian"...u mean poor dad losing his only loving daughter leaving him heartbroken, traumatized and possibly mentally unstable? we do have that one scene in rock of ages (#20?) where cossack say "im sorry but he left me no choice! and now because of you shes dead!" implying wily threatened to kill kalinka if cossack couldn't defeat megaman. in game cossack doesn't say anything, protoman immediately comes and bring kalinka who explains the detail. it will be interesting if kalinka did die and ian did say hes going to do pretty big stuff in mm4, but i don't think theyre going to be that extreme.

That's why I made replace with these " things because it was just the arm who was part of the old Duo. The other parts were made by Cossack.

I mixed Ra Moon and Dark Moon a bit up. They looked like the same and I have to read Gigamix again.

Well actually Megamix is a bit summary of some Mega Man games (?) and these are adapted by the games. Also the new Woman Y (or idk what she's called) is based on some other game/manga creator and I could believe that in some way Archie will copy some Gigamix and Megamix parts. I believe and I guess.

Looks like I saw Game of Thrones too much (valar morghulis dudes!) but dunno. Maybe he will be a good villan with a (in my opinion) BETTER reason than Xander but only for a specific time. He hasn't that hate for Light and Mega Man at all like Wily does and in some point (when Kalinka would die) Cossack would be one to say "Okay my daughter is dead and I am over it". He is not like Wily, who hated Light for what he did in...the last year or something. I bet Cossack is one who gives people a second chance and to realise the second chance and make things better.

Looks like I saw Game of Thrones too much (valar morghulis dudes!) but dunno. Maybe he will be a good villan with a (in my opinion) BETTER reason than Xander but only for a specific time. He hasn't that hate for Light and Mega Man at all like Wily does and in some point (when Kalinka would die) Cossack would be one to say "Okay my daughter is dead and I am over it". He is not like Wily, who hated Light for what he did in...the last year or something. I bet Cossack is one who gives people a second chance and to realise the second chance and make things better.

I don't think that's how it works if someone in a family was kill then I doubt their going to get over it.

For example in the megaman battle network games dr.wily was mad at lan's grandfather for the same reason in the classic series however after taking care of barrel while his father went to war he change and began to give mankind a second chance which cause him to make Colonel.exe but after barrel's father was killed during the war he begun to hate mankind and continue his plan to takeover the human world and the cyber world he took colonel back and remove his personality and weapon control and made Iris.exe it wasn't unto battle network 6 that after Colonel and Iris sacrifice themselves to destroy the cybeast that dr.wily began to change for the better and begin to help mankind in jail. 

So yeah I doubt of cossack daughter was kill by dr.wily or man's creature dr.cossack won't just rub it off like nothing happen and it's an everyday thing.

So yeah I doubt of cossack daughter was kill by dr.wily or man's creature dr.cossack won't just rub it off like nothing happen and it's an everyday thing.

Wily will take Kalinka as a reason for Cossack to hate Light and Mega Man that's fact from MM4 but maybe another one will kill her. I don't know but I would support the death of her. Robot Master get killed by Mega Man verry easily but you can repair them or whatever but you can't replace a human beeing.

I didn't say "won't just rub it off like nothing happen and it's an everyday thing" that easily. It needs time but Cossack will never fall in that scheme of Wily like hate Light forever.

Holy fast updates, Mega Man! We're not even into July, and already we have the covers and solicitation for issue #54, 'Red Shift':

Megaman54.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1Megaman54var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

MEGA MAN's long lost brother RETURNS in "Red Shift": Break Man answers the call of... a ghost?! How is it possible that Dr. Wily is STILL alive?! And what haunting secret will he use to keep Break Man under his control? It's up to Blues to do some soul-searching! Will he remain broken, or will he finally become a hero like his brother? Featuring cover art by long-time Mega Man artist Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante and a Proto Man variant cover by comics superstar Brent McCarthy!

So, this may be the issue where Break Man finally becomes Proto Man... right? Well, it's hard to say for certain, but what gets me about this preview is the line about Wily 'still' being alive. Shouldn't Blues already know this from the events of 'Worlds Unite'? Unless they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do...

Cool  the next.... wait a second..... what happened to that hiatus???

I am so exited to get this comic! Oh my god I wanna have it NOW!

Cool  the next.... wait a second..... what happened to that hiatus???

Still gonna happen sadly, they just didn't bring it up in this issue's solicit. I'm betting the next/last one (issue #55) will have it in there somewhere.

At least we get to see Break Man turn into Proto Man before the whole hiatus.

So will get this issue first then megaman will go on the hiatus a little awkward but still good news nonetheless 

huh, i thought they were going to reveal why protoman's going to betray gradually through the megaman 4 plot.

just reminded me how i felt when wily gets captured by mr. x and we see his thought bubble planning to use mr. x's power and money and eventually take over like, wow you just ruined it archie. you could have just made wily grin evilly and say meaningful phrases and gradually build up, but no you guys decide to explain the evil guy's plan in detail.

That's why I made replace with these " things because it was just the arm who was part of the old Duo. The other parts were made by Cossack.
I mixed Ra Moon and Dark Moon a bit up. They looked like the same and I have to read Gigamix again.

Well actually Megamix is a bit summary of some Mega Man games (?) and these are adapted by the games. Also the new Woman Y (or idk what she's called) is based on some other game/manga creator and I could believe that in some way Archie will copy some Gigamix and Megamix parts. I believe and I guess.

wasn't ms y from like, one artwork drawn by a capcom artist? archie does copy gigamix here and there, like breakman's helmet and some similarity in their plot. just saying duo being rebuilt by cossack can change alot of detail into the storyline, which is ok with gigamix who is pretty much doing whatever theyre doing but not ok with archie who tries to keep much game story detail as possible. and while killing kalinka have alot of potentials like permanantly traumatizing roll that humans are not robots and cannot be "repaired" or "replaced" and influencing her dream to become a nurse, or making megaman sway in his heroic justice thing although he is supposed to do that in like fighters or something, it is a little too much for a mega man adaption. especially when kalinka is supposed to appear in xover as like what, a 14 year old?

i do agree that the comic needs a different type of evil villian though, and if they did take your idea Cossack would be a fantastic villain.

huh, i thought they were going to reveal why protoman's going to betray gradually through the megaman 4 plot.

I thought that too because I thought Proto Man was forgiving Mega Man and Light after MM4. Phew.

wasn't ms y from like, one artwork drawn by a capcom artist? archie does copy gigamix here and there, like breakman's helmet and some similarity in their plot. just saying duo being rebuilt by cossack can change alot of detail into the storyline, which is ok with gigamix who is pretty much doing whatever theyre doing but not ok with archie who tries to keep much game story detail as possible. and while killing kalinka have alot of potentials like permanantly traumatizing roll that humans are not robots and cannot be "repaired" or "replaced" and influencing her dream to become a nurse, or making megaman sway in his heroic justice thing although he is supposed to do that in like fighters or something, it is a little too much for a mega man adaption. especially when kalinka is supposed to appear in xover as like what, a 14 year old?

i do agree that the comic needs a different type of evil villian though, and if they did take your idea Cossack would be a fantastic villain.

I think yes the design from the Break Man helmet was from Gigamix. We don't have an age for Kalinka I think. I never played the game with Xover but I would bet that she is 13 or 14 years old and she presents the child like Roll where she thinks Robot Masters are her best buddies. She was so broken after Pharaoh and Bright man went offline.

And for the villains. I know Xander is necessary, because he is on the side "technology is bad" (which is kinda stupid but logical reason), buuuut I wouldn't miss that guy because now he is like Silver the Hedgehog 2.0 and he will (sadly) stay into the storyline.

just reminded me how i felt when wily gets captured by mr. x and we see his thought bubble planning to use mr. x's power and money and eventually take over like, wow you just ruined it archie. you could have just made wily grin evilly and say meaningful phrases and gradually build up, but no you guys decide to explain the evil guy's plan in detail.

That's the one thing I don't like about the archie series is how they explain everything ahead of time sometimes it's ok but other times it's gets very annoying when they ruin something that didn't need explaining in the games like why do we need a real mr.x nobody complain when wily was reveal to be mr.x or protoman betraying wily before megaman for.

I think yes the design from the Break Man helmet was from Gigamix. We don't have an age for Kalinka I think. I never played the game with Xover but I would bet that she is 13 or 14 years old and she presents the child like Roll where she thinks Robot Masters are her best buddies. She was so broken after Pharaoh and Bright man went offline.

And for the villains. I know Xander is necessary, because he is on the side "technology is bad" (which is kinda stupid but logical reason), buuuut I wouldn't miss that guy because now he is like Silver the Hedgehog 2.0 and he will (sadly) stay into the storyline.

I look online and break man's helmet IS from gigamix. I saw the original one from megaman 3 and the one from gigamix and saw that archie went with the gigamix instead of the original red sniper joe with a scarf.

I think Xander is pretty important because it shows that not all humans like the ideas of robot's live side by side with humans and if you play the Megaman X games and/or the Megaman Zero games it shows that Xander isn't to fair off with his dreams to rid the world of robots. 

I think Xander is pretty important because it shows that not all humans like the ideas of robot's live side by side with humans and if you play the Megaman X games and/or the Megaman Zero games it shows that Xander isn't to fair off with his dreams to rid the world of robots.

Yes he is a necessary villain because in our world there are people who are against the technology like robots and there are so many dystopia movies or books how robots could rule the world so his concept is logical and I hope with Worlds Unite he will be more a badass than just a joke-soldier who has a cardboard-character.

the only complaint i have for xander is that he had so much potential as a great human enemy against robots but archie's wasting it. the idea of robot as a threat to mankind is logical and interesting, yet the character and action used to enforce the idea lacks persuasiveness.

what caused him to see robot as evil? he ignored orders, jumped in front of a berserk robot and got injured, and blamed the robot for the damage. at this point its hard to consider his argument valid because it was pretty much his own fault. then he decides to bomb a building as sign of protest with the doctors inside, makes one of his men unconscious, is considered even by some of his people as too much, and after being caught he's treated like a mentally unstable person although that is due to him and only him going to a special  time-and-dimension-traveling trip. it doesn't make the characters think "hey, maybe he's right. maybe robot can be a threat to mankind". it just seems like an overreacting crazy guy committing terrorism from a selfish reason and megaman saves the day. it just seems like a wierd phycho guy doing bizzare stuff that no one except his group of people (that we barely see) agrees with.

and archie was only successful in making xander a "possible" threatening enemy by making his future self a time-traveling billionare threatening wily to work for him. oh and giving his present self portal opening powers in the crossover.

sorry for the rant but this really bothered me.