Katmuffin

Christmas role-play?

1048 posts in this topic

"I agree. It can be very hazardous, I am an Eggman Machine after all." Replied Aries. Aries looked at the camera. "Agreed. Squishies are quite unusual at times."

"Huh, I knew I've heard that name before... Sally has talked me about her a few times. Rosie was really important to her. Great nanny, better person. Sounds like a good plan..." Amy said.

"Very well.  I shall do what I can," said Skye, exiting the phone and heading into Cyberspace.  "Ahhh.  It is a pleasant feeling to be back here, outside such oppressive restraints," Skye said with a smile, his avatar making stretching motions.  "If we do proceed to investigate this abandoned Eggman base, I'll need to make extensive modifications to any robot form I choose to inhabit, just to make it bearable.  The technology here feels so... cramped."

Skye looked around and soon spotted Aries presence, heading towards it.  "First level of defense, the standard Eggman Firewall.  Dated and primitive.  It would be no challenge to break through, but that might trigger some systems in Aries.  A bit more finesse is called for."  Cautiously, Skye made careful progress through the firewall, rerouting it to allow his passage without triggering any alerts.

"There.  Made it through.  Second level of defense, a personal Firewall.  Airies?  Can you hear me?  I am about to attempt to bypass the Firewall leading to your mainframe.  If you can disrupt it somehow, perhaps a diagnostic cycle, it would allow me easier access, and less chance of detection."

"I will see what I can do." Said Aries as he tried to lower the firewall in his defenses. "Hurry I won't be able to hold it down for long. I don't know if HE is watching my systems."

Myra stared and the ruins of the orphanage, and, after a second or two, kept lightly into the air. She glided around to the back and landed with a soft thump. Crouching behind some rubble, Myra tried to listen in on the conversation.

"He's not right now, but if he senses any activity, he might," replied Skye.  He saw the barrier weaken, and took his chance to pass through.  "Great, made it..... Oh..." Skye's face fell.  Third Level of Defense, independent programs to hunt down and erase any unidentified program, regardless of threat level....   Aries... you may experience what a Squishie would consider to be a headache."

"Very well. I am ready for any kind of threat." Replied Aries as he waited.

"It's not you that needs to be ready for the threat," replied Skye, forming a blade in one hand and an energy barrier in the other as the defense programs attacked.

"I can calculate that you are capable. You might be even more powerful than Phage." Said Aries.

"I... am uncertainly about that," said Skye uneasily, not wishing to tip Aries off about his origin. 

"Our last encounter..." began Skye as he carved through one of the programs, only for an alarm to sound.  "Oh... Fourth Level of Defense.  Automatic alarm on disruption of security.  I'm an idiot, I should have seen this.  Now it's we're racing the clock.  Urgh, Manik is the one who likes racing, not me."

"Okay..." Said Aries not sure how to respond to Skye.

"I don't have time for the soft and subtle approach anymore.  Hold on Aries," said Skye as he rushed into the depths of Aries' mainframe.

"It's gotta be somewhere.... ah... there!" exclaimed Skye as he located the program.  "Aries, I'm going to create a barrier program, and disrupt the trigger links to the program.  It is just a short term patch, but it will buy you time to have it removed properly.  I'm also going to trick Eggman by making him think you'd been deactivated.  That.... will mean disconnection your mind from your body for a moment."

"Very well. I doubt he'll even be affected. The only one he seems to focus on is Metal Sonic." Said Aries 

"You'd be surprised how petty he can be," said Skye as he initiated the shutdown.

"Quite." Said Aries as his mind began to shut off.

Skye quickly adjusted the mainframe, then reactivated Aries.  "There.  Now Eggman should think you've been permanently deactivated."

Aries's systems booted back up. "Excellent. Now Eggman will surely pay for making me his slave!"

Ash simply just stood and waited for Skye  and Aries to finish when he noticed a shadow by some ruins. "If you two are finished. There is two things we need to do right now. First of all we have a guest hiding near the rubble. Can you scan to see if they are dangerous. And then Aries can you tell us why you were here in the first place and if you came alone" said Ash.

(Aries had a squad of bits if I recall)

"We still need to remove the program.  It's just suppressed for now," Skye warned.  "I... should be getting back to Myra..." he added.  "I'm sure whoever is hiding isn't dangerous."

"My original mission was to find a chaos emerald which was suppose to be here. I did have a team of EggSwats." Said Aries.

"Chaos emerald? I do not know what that is. And I am  guessing it is you hiding there Myra otherwise Skye wouldn't have said the one hiding wasn't dangerous" said Ash loud enough for Myra to hear him.