Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

from what i know technically knuckles only broke the emerald once and that was in the games (sonic adventure 2)

Seen Sonic shorts? I was thinking of that too

(Granted I know irs not canon but still, its kind of a joke with Knuckles breaking the master emerald)

yea i seen it its funny and bashes alot of characters

So, I haven't really been giving my thoughts on some of the more recent issues. Time to rectify that:

First, Issue #66 (and 'The Great Chaos Caper' as a whole): It certainly was a fun ride, even though it took a little time to kick into gear. The finale definately had me laughing the most, whether it was from Nack's 'water pistol', Vector... er, hiding Chip, or Bean's little tantrum at the Dark Titan. (BTW, I believe we now have a new contender for 'Best Facial Expression in the Archie Sonic Series'!) And seeing Tikal for reals this time was also a delight. If there's one thing that I didn't quite enjoy, it was Tikal casually revealing Chip's true identity, but since most Sonic fans will have at least heard of Unleashed's story, it's not really that big of a dealbreaker for me.

Now for Issue #67 ('Total Eclipse' Part 1): I think it's off to a decent start. Completely misleading cover aside, I feel like the story did what it needed to; get Knuckles' group to interact and work with Team Dark, with Eclipse lurking close by. I loved seeing certain characters interacting with others (the most noteworthy one for me was Fixit and Omega), and I'm interested to see how Dr. Snively fits into all of this. I also enjoyed seeing Eclipse's show his more caring side for his Black Arms Wisps Dark Arms, along with that little jab at just how useless Rhythm was in Lost World. Aside from that, everything else seemed like the basic 'bring two arcs together' storyline.

Oh, and there was Bug Relic... yeah, I don't have anything worth adding to that.

[spoiler]It sure started off really nice, it managed to get through what it needed to, unite knuckles and team dark. As NegaMetallix mentioned it was pretty funny to see interactions with certain characters including relic and shadow and Omega and fixit. I can't wait to see Shadow and Eclipse have an actual fight because their other one in SU 60 wasn't really all out.[spoiler]

whoops got the spoiler thing wrong :/

Edited by Austin.J

Spoiler = [ spoiler ]Text [ /spoiler ] without spaces between the brackets

Must say, I really enjoyed the issue. As the two above have said the character interactions are hilarious!

My one complaint is those Black Arms... they are not Black Arms! Those things are wisps! And named after them too! I was hoping for something more original. Oh. And a Knuckles/Shadow fight would've been nice too

I'm curious to see where they are going with these black arm wisps...

To recap one thing on last week's issue:

10410631_331189560377869_3623989574253372963_n_zpsf3c38f00.png

"The mechanics of this barrel are inferior! I shall take the easier way!"

This is the reason why I love Omega.

Next, we have Nicole and Sally in their very own arc, with Big along for the ride! We may even get some backstory on our favorite Holo-Lynx.

4105161-sonicu2371_zpseacbfef3.jpg?t=14109323654105162-sonicu2371var_zps9ef791ce.jpg?t=1410932416

ALL-NEW STORY ARC! "Spark of Life” Part One: Nicole detects a distress signal from the Digital World—but how can that be if nobody is supposed to know about the Digital World?! Sally, Tails and Big must travel to Isolated Island to answer the call for help! Who is Dr. Ellidy? And in what way does he link the lives of Sally and Nicole? Featuring a stunning new cover by Tracy Yardley and “Web Lynx” Variant cover art by rising Sonic star Rafa Knight!

With thanks to Crossharemega

1 person likes this

Did they just......

Yes. Yes they did.

Backstory and a plot focusing on Nicole? This should be good. First time she'll be part of the main focus of an arc that doesn't involve being mond controlled for most of it.

Yes, she's been integral before (i.e. Eggman Empire), but she's never fully headed a story.

I'm willing to bet Shard's going to appear in this, which would only make even more giddy. Seeing Nicole get an arc just makes me rub my hands in anticipation. And it'll be co-written by Flynn and Baker, which is a first for the book.

I'm willing to bet Shard's going to appear in this, which would only make even more giddy.

Ditto. Seeing Shard back would be awesome. And does raise the question of whether there's going to be a continuation of the hinted relationship pre-g-wave.

Ditto. Seeing Shard back would be awesome. And does raise the question of whether there's going to be a continuation of the hinted relationship pre-g-wave.

Well, Ian did say he had plans for him...

Once again, I've been beaten TWICE for updating you guys on the latest news! *sigh* Oh well...

As for the issue itself, it appears that the main FF crew will be taking on both comics for a few months, which I'm okay with as long as the story's interesting. And it looks to be so. Seeing NICOLE take the spotlight for a whole arc should be a lot of fun, and may even bring some surprises. I like that it'll take place on the Isolated Island (aka the opening stage of Knuckles Chaotix) and I'm intrigued on this whole 'Digital World' fiasco. Perhaps this is a good chance to reference some digital/cyber levels from the games, like Techno Base and Cyber Track from the Advance series, as well as Digital Circuit and Mad Matrix from Shadow The Hedgehog. I'm not gonna get my hopes up for Shard appearing just yet, and finally... Dr. Ellidy? Is that supposed to be a play on words (Ellidy = LED, as in LED lights) or just a mere coincidence?

*Realises hasn't commented on the comic*

Okaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy... One with focuses on NICOLE for once! Yay! That will be nice to see. And digital word sounds like it could be good

As for Shard... I suspect he will be coming up. But then again, it seems a bit too obvious that he would show up in an arc with NICOLE bringing up that hinted relationship so maybe not. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this. Heh

Dr. Ellidy? Is that supposed to be a play on words (Ellidy = LED, as in LED lights) or just a mere coincidence?

I suspect it's not a coincidence but if it is, it's a pretty good coincidence

Dr. Ellidy? Is that supposed to be a play on words (Ellidy = LED, as in LED lights) or just a mere coincidence?

I suspect it's not a coincidence but if it is, it's a pretty good coincidence

Actually, given Sonic Game characters naming conventions, which the comic now seems to be following, Ellidy being LED makes a lot of sense.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but why hasn't the comic being updated? I need to eat and devour the next issue!

Because there is usually a small delay with either the people at Archie or the staff uploading. I don't know which one it is in this case

(BTW: The staff don't like people asking when the comics will be up. They upload them when they can)

WHAT'S THIS? NEW COMICS? TIME TO SHARE

SU_72_Regular.jpgSU_72_Variant.jpg

What monsters lurk on the mysterious isolated island?? Find out for yourself in 'Spark of Life' Part Two: Things are getting very creepy in the lab of Dr. Ellidy! His badnik defenses are going offline-which is bad news when there are Dark Gaia Monsters prowling the shores at night! Sally and Big investigate the mystery of the Red Star Rings as Tails and Nicole debug the system-where something, or someone-is waiting for Nicole! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley and an interactive MATCHMAKER variant cover by rising Sonic star Jennifer Hernandez, where you can 'ship it yourself'!

Dun dun DUN! Not much I'm gonna say, but dem covers! I'll ship all! (Except SonAmy <_<). And the main one looks pretty awesome too

(Note: I'll do the other covers when I get home)

SonSal Comic and Cartoon wise, Sonaze video game wises, SonAmy just for fun there no other reason to pair sonic up with Amy, knuckles I would say juile-su but she not here nor is rouge nor is tikal, big I could pair him up with blaze but someone made question my logic, omega and blaze uhhh... what if maybe and that just leave noicle I guess all of them.

Edited by Blue Comet

So on the latest issue...

That was fun. And Knux is doing bloody well against Shadow there. Interesting to see the wisps in action, even if the are dark arms ones.

And given they are Dark Arms, that probibly means Shadow could use them. I get the feeling that's a likely occurrence next part.

But on the negative side, it looks as if the ONLY way to make Eclipsis a viable threat is give him some form of backup!

As I haven't said anything for 'Total Eclipse' Parts 2 or 3 yet so far, here are my thoughts:

Issue #68

Going off what I remember, I enjoyed this issue quite a lot. The opening fight with Shadow vs. Eclipse was fun to read, with poor Eclipse still trying to reach out to Shadow. Suffice to say, they're not getting out of sibling rivalry anytime soon. The moment in-between with Knuckles, Rouge and Omega was also great, with Knux trying to justify why the machines are still there, and Rouge's discussion with him on why he's still on Angel Island in the first place. And Omega is just... well, do I even need to mention how much of a fun character he is at this point? The return of Eclipse's Monster Form was alright, even though it seemed to just be there to curbstomp Shadow at first (which was the point of that form, granted).

But then seeing Shadow use the Master Emerald to literally punch the Eclipse out of him was just... brutal! (For a Sonic comic, anyway.) Also, I couldn't help but notice that Shadow really enjoyed using the M.E.'s power for the first time. Perhaps it slightly contributed to his later decision... er, anyway. It was good(?) to see that Dr. Snively is still hatching secret plans of his own behind his master's back, even if that 'master' isn't Eggman this time. And then we have Shadow's decision of taking the Master Emerald to G.U.N. Yeah, not a good idea when you don't give Knuckles a say in the matter, OR when he's right next to you! Which leads us into...

Issue #69 (...heh...dammit!)

Hoo boy. I don't really think there's a 'right' or 'wrong' side on the Knuckles vs. Shadow fight. It's a tough debate, for sure. But I will say this; the fight itself is awesome to read. The fact that they're surprisingly evenly matched helps, and I like how Knux shows that he isn't an idiot in battle (unlike... well, that's another comic). Though taunting Shadow by saying that "Sonic put up more of a fight" probably wasn't the brightest move. Away from the fight, I loved seeing the Dark Arms (who are officially confirmed to be part-Wisps) become useful, with Eclipse using Blurk's 'Armor' power to take out Omega even faster than in Monster Form (poor Omega), then Cregal's 'Wing' power to counter Rouge, and finally Cyzer's... 'Laser' power (they couldn't think of a different name?) to... well, intimidate them and shoot the G.U.N. Beetle. I guess Dr. Snively's out of the party, now.

Overall, I loved the simplicity of this issue, and the story seems to be heading for an awesome conclusion. Let's just hope it (and this whole 'Dark Trilogy') pays off.