teamrandom21

What do you hate about the fandom?

61 posts in this topic

apologize to any mods who think this is in the wrong posting place. and before anyone gets bent out of shape it's the sonic fan base we're talking about.

so what do you guys hate about the sonic fan base? for me it's lack of people accepting others opinions. instead of a respectful why i don't disagree with you, it's "you should feel bad and never step foot on the internet noob."

this is especially bad in the shipping part of it...

so what do you guys dislike about the sonic fandom?

(Mod note: moved to the multiverse of sonic section since it's still to do with Sonic)

(Mod note: moved to the multiverse of sonic section since it's still to do with Sonic)

thanks and sorry i didn't know where to put it

How fans attack each other for which era is better. (Classic, Adventure, Modern, Boom, etc.)

How fans attack each other for which era is better. (Classic, Adventure, Modern, Boom, etc.)

that can be annoying.

The whole recolor and fan characters system... I mean sure I know that even if others characters are in relationship with the known characters (like mine) It can always be explained by: "It happens in another timeline or universe) But what I can not understand is those actually overboard character designs and really odd background stories.. (for example I found one OC with almost the same name as mine who's background story really just didn't quite blend into the Sonic universe.... *shivers*

The thing I hate most about the fandom is the senseless Shipping! Things like the Silver and Blaze shipping or the Shadow and Maria ones. There is no evidence to support either of them! At least with Geoffrey and Hershey, Sonic and Sally, Knuckles and Julie-Su and Tails and Cosmo(though I hate that pairing) there is romantic evidence to support them.

This appears to be a "dangerous" topic to be discussing.
as *everyone has their own preference that some or most may not agree with.

The thing I hate most about the fandom is the senseless Shipping! Things like the Silver and Blaze shipping or the Shadow and Maria ones. There is no evidence to support either of them! At least with Geoffrey and Hershey, Sonic and Sally, Knuckles and Julie-Su and Tails and Cosmo(though I hate that pairing) there is romantic evidence to support them.

With shipping, anything Can and DOES  happen when you take AU's into consideration.
I have my own canonxcanon preference, but I am not sure if *you* want to hear It.

Please Don't double post.  We've brought this up a few times now.  We really don't want to have to start giving out warning points.

The constant complaining about the games, comics, shows,ect!

The constant complaining about the games, comics, shows,ect!

^^^ That. Totally agree with that

I'd say more... but Metro is right when saying this is a dangerous topic... so I'll leave it at that

You're right Dylan. We don't want to start the war of the century.

Everyone has their own opinions of  different things. Having a thread like this can be useful though. If you look in here you can learn what not to talk about with certain people.

I do also hate it when people don't just reasonably talk about but really ATTACK people BECAUSE of the ships they support. I understand that some people hate non canon ships but hey there will always be some people who don't agree with you or your ships. It's natural and although I also hate it when people might attack me for my certain ships I just walk away from it. It also makes me mad when others call your games trash or no good and you really enjoy and like them. Especially when they're not even fans and they start judging you by your taste in games or tv-shows... (I watch Sonic X and I still think it's the best anime I've seen I'm a crazy Sonic fan like that. Also it was the first one to actually succeed in making me cry.)

Oh yeah. I hate how someone will attack because you like something in a Sonic game. Some fans play Sonic for story, some fans play Sonic for gameplay why is it so Darn important for you to get everyone to agree with you instead of letting them have their opinion and be happy with it.

Hey.  This is my first post here and it's the first contact I've made with 'The Sonic Fanbase' (TM). :)

As a long time gamer (I've been playing games since the 80's!) but a Sonic fandom noob the thing that has struck me most is the aggressive negativity that rears its head.  Most of the posts in this thread have already alluded to that so I won't go into detail other than to give this example:

The other day I had some free time so I decided to sit in on a live stream by The Geek Critique who were playing through some of the SHC 2015 games.  I was pretty shocked by the vitriol and meanness that came from some people in the chat.  I mean, I was there to enjoy some banter with (what I presumed to be) like-minded people about a silly game series that's been hacked for the fun of it.  Instead, I left after about 30 minutes disheartened.  

It is a minority, I'm sure, but these people really do live up to the stereotypes that people outside the Sonic fandom presume Sonic fans to be.  I don't get that.  Why would one want to be like that?

Anyway, I thought I'd post here and raise my head above the parapet since this subject has been dealt with in a calm and mature manner here.  Thank you for giving me some hope back in the community! :P

I hate how people threaten me with death for liking sonic boom.

1 person likes this

I hate how people threaten me with death for liking sonic boom.

Yep. Exactly that too... Or for me it's for liking Sonic X and thinking that for me it's the best anime...

And for me it's for liking Big the cat. He's not that bad!

1 person likes this

1. For creating silly creepypasta. Exes and dolls keep popping in when searching for character images. It's very annoying.
2. For nitpicking the quality of the games. Like RetroReview said, people will never be satisfied.
3. For lacking of real quality fanworks. Aside from poorly done GMod and flash videos with bad & sarcastic jokes, there isn't a lot of stuff to enjoy.

Still prefer this fandom over DBZ's fandom, though.

1 person likes this

1. For creating silly creepypasta. Exes and dolls keep popping in when searching for character images. It's very annoying.
2. For nitpicking the quality of the games. Like RetroReview said, people will never be satisfied.
3. For lacking of real quality fanworks. Aside from poorly done GMod and flash videos with bad & sarcastic jokes, there isn't a lot of stuff to enjoy.

Still prefer this fandom over DBZ's fandom, though.

I agree on 2, and 3 though it might be just me but I like the scary stories.. Since those happen to all of the fandoms... Really.

People are never satisfied... unless it's exactly the same as that other game in the series they like. But of course it can't be exactly the same because then its just a copy. Thats the dilema (the amount of "why can't the games be like *insert game in the series here*. That's something I don't like that much. They need to change some things sometimes so it doesn't become the same thing)

People are never satisfied... unless it's exactly the same as that other game in the series they like. But of course it can't be exactly the same because then its just a copy. Thats the dilema (the amount of "why can't the games be like *insert game in the series here*. That's something I don't like that much. They need to change some things sometimes so it doesn't become the same thing)

same here. that's what i hate about the fan base. things have got to change or there gonna be the same, and dull.

What I hate about its fandom is the XXX content like Project X:Love Potion Disaster and Mobius Unleashed.

And I even hate people like YoshiWii1, ZetaR02, and Chris-Chan.

I even hate the OTP wars, so-called "FCs", ETC. (But my FC is NOT a RECOLOR! I had drawn some pics of my FC when I was in grade school!)