Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

There was a lot of cameos in there. Sonic the comic characters, Bean, I think Manic was in there...

Anyway, I liked that comic, it was a good one. The talking Muttski was funny

Same here, I thought it had a few more laughs than any regular issue. And Gray's pencils only added to the hilarity :P

And people ask why I enjoy every issue penciled by Gray . His cartoony style just fit wonderfully in the comic.

And people ask why I enjoy every issue penciled by Gray . His cartoony style just fit wonderfully in the comic.

Me too. I just so hope he pencil's another story arc again. It's so long since we've seen his crazy and iconic style.

You can either wait for him in some Off panel , Or play it like me : Scout the internet searching for his other works . I did that with someone else , And I was nocely surprised . You should try it too.

I actually liked issue 134, I felt everyone in the cast got screen time and it was a nice epliogue issue just that the slap moment was so out of character for Sally and was the worst part of the issue, I mean, you can break up Sonic and Sally but do it in the way that doesn't go out of character. This is one of my least favorite moments by Karl Bollers, the dude's actually my second favorite wirter in the entire series because he seriously wrote everyone (especially Sonic's slang) in character and his stories were very good. I kinda wish he continued as main writer until Ian came in, because Penders' last few stories were quite terrible in my opinion. Comparing Karl's original direction for the series here: http://archive.sonic...nicoverview.php with Penders': http://www.kenpender...c.php?f=5&t=122, I prefer Karl's direction much better.

I hated Jon Gray's art at first now I realised it has a very good and interesting style, besides off panels I don't mind seeing him pencil another issue again, but I can't help but feel his pencils aren't really suited for main stories in the issues, I think backup stories would be better.

Oh by the way, I gotta mention, did anyone see this Sonic image Jon drew? http://www.deviantart.com/art/A-Crisis-of-Infinite-Hedgehogs-373255990 It's firggin' detailed! Every Sonic character ever and a timeline! You gotta check it out!

And yeah, issue 252 wasn't so bad after all. I actually like it and I love the all new King Max who isn't a jerk anymore, this is how he should have been written all along. I think the Tails Doll fight could have been more interesting and better, not what I expected for being so easily defeated like that. I will dearly miss the old timeline and the Penders characters if they're not coming back, there's no confirmation yet. Until then, I guess the entire Council of Acorn and Sonic's parents are dead. Though I have this feeling that Ducly will be coming back to the Freedom Fighters and Nate Morgan might be alive again. On the other hand, the reboot would be a good thing to clean up the Adventure storyline adaptations as they were honestly poorly wirtten with alot of Archie elements that were Meanieed like the Seven Server Chao, Chaos being trapped in the Black Emerald instead of the Master Emerald and the latter being only created recently instead of being hundreds of years old. Hopefully they will explain what has been altered in the timeline down the road.

Having Read this thing you linked about Penders .... I must say this would have interesting . In the End , We Can see that a part of it got saved in the comic, but in another form .

And no, Snively dying would have been stupid.

As for Gray, Took you long enough not only to like him, but finding this draw ! ^_^

Having Read this thing you linked about Penders .... I must say this would have interesting . In the End , We Can see that a part of it got saved in the comic, but in another form .

And no, Snively dying would have been stupid.

As for Gray, Took you long enough not only to like him, but finding this draw ! ^_^

Looking at Penders' script he never bothered to clean up any lingering plot points and mostly Karl and particually Ian ended cleaning up all the mess he started. Alot of things, the status of the Ancient Walkers, Mogul, Naugus, the Source of All, the Sword of Acorns, Shadow's memories, etc. At least Karl Bollers was willing to tie up all the lose ends had he continued as main writer, when you look at his script he was planning to bring back Naugus and reveal the Source of All's status, so forth.

Yes Snively dying is stupid, killing off a SATam character is something I'm really against. What was he thinking?

Haha, I liked Jon Gray quite awhile already. It just took me awhile to realise he's a good artist.

I'm with Simon about the two writers directions. Bollers seemed to have a better idea in bringing a bit of closure to some stuff, while Penders just created more plots, which I admit sound interesting, but I just feel Bollers is the stronger writer compared to him. And Snively dying is really not a way in getting more sales. I like the little bald guy, I like how he's become one of those "I may be down, but I'm not out" kind of characters."

1 person likes this

Yeah, Penders is good at creating stories and interesting characters; Too bad most of them don't even have any form of closure ....

Also yes, Snively got some characters developpement over the years ; I think it was ... Yeah , the character that changed the most .

What? He was planning on killing Snively? To increase sales? That's wrong. If you look at Snively between the beginning and recent times, you'll see much difference. Originally, someone who would like more freedom but didn't have the gut to take charge without the knowledge that there is someone else to fall on (basically saying Sonic won after he thought Robotnik was dead) to the point where he'd risk his neck to save his love and take over the Eggman empire (okay, this happened after he was planning on Snively dying, but he still had some major development). And Penders wanted to ruin all that development and kill him. BAD IDEA MAN!

Bollers' plan sounds much better, so my preference goes to him

I actually liked issue 134, I felt everyone in the cast got screen time and it was a nice epliogue issue just that the slap moment was so out of character for Sally and was the worst part of the issue, I mean, you can break up Sonic and Sally but do it in the way that doesn't go out of character. This is one of my least favorite moments by Karl Bollers, the dude's actually my second favorite wirter in the entire series because he seriously wrote everyone (especially Sonic's slang) in character and his stories were very good. I kinda wish he continued as main writer until Ian came in, because Penders' last few stories were quite terrible in my opinion. Comparing Karl's original direction for the series here: http://archive.sonic...nicoverview.php with Penders': http://www.kenpender...c.php?f=5&t=122, I prefer Karl's direction much better.

I hated Jon Gray's art at first now I realised it has a very good and interesting style, besides off panels I don't mind seeing him pencil another issue again, but I can't help but feel his pencils aren't really suited for main stories in the issues, I think backup stories would be better.

Oh by the way, I gotta mention, did anyone see this Sonic image Jon drew? http://www.deviantar...ehogs-373255990 It's firggin' detailed! Every Sonic character ever and a timeline! You gotta check it out!

And yeah, issue 252 wasn't so bad after all. I actually like it and I love the all new King Max who isn't a jerk anymore, this is how he should have been written all along. I think the Tails Doll fight could have been more interesting and better, not what I expected for being so easily defeated like that. I will dearly miss the old timeline and the Penders characters if they're not coming back, there's no confirmation yet. Until then, I guess the entire Council of Acorn and Sonic's parents are dead. Though I have this feeling that Ducly will be coming back to the Freedom Fighters and Nate Morgan might be alive again. On the other hand, the reboot would be a good thing to clean up the Adventure storyline adaptations as they were honestly poorly wirtten with alot of Archie elements that were Meanieed like the Seven Server Chao, Chaos being trapped in the Black Emerald instead of the Master Emerald and the latter being only created recently instead of being hundreds of years old. Hopefully they will explain what has been altered in the timeline down the road.

I thought Max being a jerk was a great plot element but hey. I'm curious about what will happen now that everything gone so crazy XD.

Well, Snively will probably never get major again. He can't find a way out of his capsule.

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Oh that , He can always be back . Either broken , or really angry against Robotnik . At least enough to think about revenge.

He is not the scared backstabber he once was . He will bite his uncle's alternate if he can .

In case you guys are wondering why Max is only called King Acorn, Ian said Penders named him Max...

That's interesting. But just because Penders named him Max, doesn't mean I'm going to stop calliong him Max and call him King Acorn instead

Snively, I bet he will get out eventually. Keeping him there for the rest of the comic would be boring. Perhaps they have something special for the return of Snively

Well , maximillian would have been a bit too much , I guess that's why it was shortened to Max . Too bad it was kept even in more formal environnements....

By the way, It still sound better than "Maurice", or "Oglivie".

Personally, I'd choose "Nicholas". Reason: Nikky from that manga can turn into Sonic.

Nikky ? Oh wait...You were refering to that old Manga, right?

Well , that sure brought us back... I don't think I was even born when this first came out ....

(...Man, that holiday dragged.)

So I've recently returned and the first thing I did was read Issue 252. It's... interesting, to say the least. While I'm still disappointed with Naugus just leaving (especially since it looks like it'll be a while until he returns), I think the issue was pretty decent. Tails having his old memories restored was a given, and the fight with Tails Doll was alright. (Still, I would've preferred to see Team Freedom take on the original Tails Doll, but I digress.) Though I haven't actually seen much of Old Max (I started around the countdown to 'Genesis'), I think the new King Max Acorn looks pretty cool and could become a neat character later in the series. Speaking of redesigns, I think NICOLE's new look is great, too. Definately has more of an 'A.I.' feel to it, in my opinion. And Sally's redesign is (quite literally) decent, too.

Now, about the whole 'restart' thing... I'm okay with it (for now, at least.) It's clear that this isn't a reboot, but rather the Archie and Genesis worlds have merged into one reality. (And judging by the solicitations for 'CTC' and that teaser poster from Issue 250, I'd say that's not a good thing.) I like the idea of the next arc being about Sonic and Tails (and NICOLE) searching for the Freedom Fighters to both regroup and restore their old memories, while also learning more about this new reality and both its positives and negatives. I just hope that it keeps my attention, or I might think of temporarily 'dropping' it. (But that's unlikely to happen, right?) Oh, and Eggman was in the issue somewhere. Kinda forgot about him. (Though in fairness, he will be a major plot-point in 'CTC', by the sounds of it. So there's that, at least.)

Meanwhile, I'm interested to see the solicitations for the next Universe arc, which should be sometime next week.

Edited by NegaMetallix

(...Man, that holiday dragged.)

So I've recently returned and the first thing I did was read Issue 252. It's... interesting, to say the least. While I'm still disappointed with Naugus just leaving (especially since it looks like it'll be a while until he returns), I think the issue was pretty decent. Tails having his old memories restored was a given, and the fight with Tails Doll was alright. (Still, I would've preferred to see Team Freedom take on the original Tails Doll, but I digress.) Though I haven't actually seen much of Old Max (I started around the countdown to 'Genesis'), I think the new King Max Acorn looks pretty cool and could become a neat character later in the series. Speaking of redesigns, I think NICOLE's new look is great, too. Definately has more of an 'A.I.' feel to it, in my opinion. And Sally's redesign is (quite literally) decent, too.

Now, about the whole 'restart' thing... I'm okay with it (for now, at least.) It's clear that this isn't a reboot, but rather the Archie and Genesis worlds have merged into one reality. (And judging by the solicitations for 'CTC' and that teaser poster from Issue 250, I'd say that's not a good thing.) I like the idea of the next arc being about Sonic and Tails (and NICOLE) searching for the Freedom Fighters to both regroup and restore their old memories, while also learning more about this new reality and both its positives and negatives. I just hope that it keeps my attention, or I might think of temporarily 'dropping' it. (But that's unlikely to happen, right?) Oh, and Eggman was in the issue somewhere. Kinda forgot about him. (Though in fairness, he will be a major plot-point in 'CTC', by the sounds of it. So there's that, at least.)

Meanwhile, I'm interested to see the solicitations for the next Universe arc, which should be sometime next week.

I'm surprised fans haven't already been making a fad in calling Countdown to Chaos CTC :P But I doubt it'll become boring enough for you to drop it. Ian said something "Big" is going to happen at the end of this arc, so fingers crossed we're going to have peaked interest when it ends.

Flynn , What a sneaky one .... He will always get us interested ... seriously , When his run will end (assuming it happen) , We all are going to miss him....

Ian said something "Big" is going to happen at the end of this arc, so fingers crossed we're going to have peaked interest when it ends.

Something... 'Big', eh? CTC Plot-Twist: The Freedom Fighters must take on a giant, skyscraper-sized Froggy!

Something... 'Big', eh? CTC Plot-Twist: The Freedom Fighters must take on a giant, skyscraper-sized Froggy!

It would certainly mark it as a really memorable moment the comic ;)