BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

While I'm sure you're right Chapmic can you please be a little more polite with your response? It is possible he didn't see the bit on the site saying it wasn't todo with Lost Hedgehog Tales. Or just worded his response a little off

yeah, i only brought that up because there was some speculation that becasue flynn mentioned his characters he could be in trouble, and panders was talking about ian getting himself into a mess.

as for the reprint thing i suppose panders has a right for that, though i still worry all of this could lead to sega pulling the rights away.

Not a mess with Penders, but Archie. Penders thinks some people at Archie won't be happy with LHT, and I assume that's because Ian mentioned in the first chapter the events that caused his plans to change. If you look back at it, you remember that once Sega stepped into the lawsuit, everyone had to close their mouth. And since Ian is still working for Archie, perhaps Penders thinks that could also cause some trouble between Archie and Sega, but that's just speculation.

that's what i was talking about earlier. am i the only one here who heard about his LHT tweets, and how he said he wanted to get ian out of this mess he was stepping in?

While I'm sure you're right Chapmic can you please be a little more polite with your response? It is possible he didn't see the bit on the site saying it wasn't todo with Lost Hedgehog Tales. Or just worded his response a little off

yeah, i only brought that up because there was some speculation that becasue flynn mentioned his characters he could be in trouble, and panders was talking about ian getting himself into a mess.

as for the reprint thing i suppose panders has a right for that, though i still worry all of this could lead to sega pulling the rights away.

Not a mess with Penders, but Archie. Penders thinks some people at Archie won't be happy with LHT, and I assume that's because Ian mentioned in the first chapter the events that caused his plans to change. If you look back at it, you remember that once Sega stepped into the lawsuit, everyone had to close their mouth. And since Ian is still working for Archie, perhaps Penders thinks that could also cause some trouble between Archie and Sega, but that's just speculation.

that's what i was talking about earlier. am i the only one here who heard about his LHT tweets, and how he said he wanted to get ian out of this mess he was stepping in?

I heard about it everyone at The Sonic Sanctuary though he was attacking Ian because of Lost Hedgehog Tales.

I heard about it everyone at The Sonic Sanctuary though he was attacking Ian because of Lost Hedgehog Tales.

i can kind of see where panders is coming from. maybe he was worried that ian was risking losing his job.

Penders confirmed he wasn't attacking because of Lost Hedgehog Tales. That's officially been said. So don't worry about that. We'll still be getting that

Penders confirmed he wasn't attacking because of Lost Hedgehog Tales. That's officially been said. So don't worry about that. We'll still be getting that

i do believe he's attacking because he's not getting enough royalty money. if that's the case i'm backing him up in it, archie should just give him the money instead of be all butt hurt. boo hoo, you have to pay him money, just do it before you lose the rights to the comics or worse.

i do believe he's attacking because he's not getting enough royalty money. if that's the case i'm backing him up in it, archie should just give him the money instead of be all butt hurt. boo hoo, you have to pay him money, just do it before you lose the rights to the comics or worse.

Royalty money for what use of his characters? Besides, even if that's the case, they have royalty amounts already approved.

Reprints of earlier comics in archive volumes.

1 person likes this

i got goosebumps now. panders said that the new archie app is a brech of contract and is going after them for it.

And to say all this started because Archie used his characters without his permission. It can be hard to admit it, but he always owned them, since he was a freelance under contract with Archie Comics. When you're a freelance, you own everything you create until you sell your rights for it. Just like Jeremy Clarkson owned Top Gear until he sold his rights to the BBC in 2012. And since Ken never sold his rights to Archie, they were indeed doing copyright infringement. And that proves that not paying him for the reprints is illegal. Yet, Ken revealed that Archie's Lawyers have the nerves to say there is no agreement. Incredible.

Edited by Chapmic
1 person likes this

And to say all this started because Archie used his characters without his permission. It can be hard to admit it, but he always owned them, since he was a freelance under contract with Archie Comics. When you're a freelance, you own everything you create until you sell your rights for it. Just like Jeremy Clarkson owned Top Gear until he sold his rights to the BBC in 2012. And since Ken never sold his rights to Archie, they were indeed doing copyright infringement. And that proves that not paying him for the reprints is illegal. Yet, Ken revealed that Archie's Lawyers have the nerves to say there is no agreement. Incredible.

I feel so stupid now, this all makes scene, why archie isn't using the other writers characters, why panders is in the right. man i feel so stupid, but i am siding with panders on this one 100%. i have nothing against the guy and thanks to you're comment i now understand who's right and who's wrong. i didn't mean to not know, the situation was just a mess and what not. archie, you really disappoint me here, and people wonder why i would be ok with sega taking away you're rights to do sonic comics.

That's sad even with all this added information every Sonic fans will still find a reason to hate Ken Penders good thing me and a few others are the only ones to not be hating on Ken for something Archie did.

That's sad even with all this added information every Sonic fans will still find a reason to hate Ken Penders good thing me and a few others are the only ones to not be hating on Ken for something Archie did.

same here. i feel bad for ken. imagine you're just trying to do the right thing but the media or the fan base decides to mess up the message and what not. i'm more mad at archie now. the series could have gone on the same way if they had just credit panders and the other writers but no, they had to reboot the whole (bleep)ing thing. and if that isn't bad enough, they have the audacity to have flynn keep quite and not tell the truth or they'll give him the boot. probably what ken was talking about when he said flynn does't know the trouble he's getting in with hedgehog tales.

Archie may be more in the wrong, but Pender's himself is no angel, and he made himself no favours with some of his actions.

As for reasons the Sonic Fan-base will hate him, well, just look at those character redesigns....

No! Don't look at the character redesigns is what you should be saying Skye. They're too horrible

1: stop double posting

2: I hope not. If the comics go I won't be happy

1: stop double posting

2: I hope not. If the comics go I won't be happy

sorry I was on my phone and I had to get this out there dylan. Because Archie didn't want to give credit where it's due the comics may be in trouble again 

There's still an edit button which I have been able to use on my phone

Honestly... Ive kind of just had enoigh of the whole thing. I kind of wish they would just let it go already. Not specifically Archie nor the freepancers. Just everyone in general

Also... not backing Penders here whether he has a right or not. I'm not convinced these 40+ freelancers would be in if there wasnt a "hey... want to get back at Archie? Im going after them" from Penders

Edited by Dylan

40+ others are after Archie as well. RIP the comics 

image.png

Good lord I know there's people that are mad at Archie too, but I didn't think over 40 people would be involve. Unless Archie have that marvel/dc money them or the Sonic Comics will be put out of business.

40+ others are after Archie as well. RIP the comics 

image.png

Good lord I know there's people that are mad at Archie too, but I didn't think over 40 people would be involve. Unless Archie have that marvel/dc money them or the Sonic Comics will be put out of business.

personally all's i want is things to go back to normal. i know people like dylan are gonna say the same old "just let em go" speech, but if archie had either paid the other's there royaltise or asked for permission we wouldn't be having this conversation.

and dylan i don't really think panders is the one starting this show, i feel the freelancers just wanted to take a stand and get there money.

People say Penders is choosing money over the fans, but who originally chose their pride over the fans by filing a lawsuit against him ? Do I have to remind you that he didn't even ask money for the use of his characters ? All he wanted was Archie to use them under his mandates. And I honestly would have preferred his mandates over Sega's awful current ones. And I would like Archie to tell us once and for all why the Mega Man comic is put on hiatus (which in industry language means definitely over). I would guess it's again about some legal stuff ? Something's definitely not right at Archie Comics, and we must know what.

2 people like this

All he wanted was Archie to use them under his mandates. And I honestly would have preferred his mandates over Sega's awful current ones.

Given what his 25 Years Later future was gonna be, no I can't agree.  Mobius to be destroyed, the whole thing turned into some sorta Battlestar Galactica space migration minus the Cylons, Sonic killed in a freaking transporter accident.....

All he wanted was Archie to use them under his mandates. And I honestly would have preferred his mandates over Sega's awful current ones.

Given what his 25 Years Later future was gonna be, no I can't agree.  Mobius to be destroyed, the whole thing turned into some sorta Battlestar Galactica space migration minus the Cylons, Sonic killed in a freaking transporter accident.....

And you think Sally's, Dr. Robotnik's, Sonic (in 06), and Locke's wasn't that 25 years Later ending doesn't even come near what Sega had done to a large amount of their characters.

Honestly... instead of looking what SEGA has limited but look at what Flynn and Archie has done with said limitations

And im with Skye. The old X years later was awful. The one done by Fynn was really good though