BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

I gotta its a darn shame things have come to this =/ The man pretty much forced Ian to hit the reset button and like Artie pretty much said Ian had to rewrite tons and tons of comic scripts =(

and from what I've seen so far...it looks like Penders stuff might not be the only thing gone =( I mean...aside from Ian and SEGA's characters Penders might have very well taken characters like Mina Mongoose, Finitevus and Monkey Khan down with his just because Archie and/or SEGA don't wanna take the risk of another former writer pulling the same stunt that he did

I think Penders had already gone too far with his scheme and is now just trying to anger the whole Sonic fanbase for no real reason. How much will it y

take before not a single person in this fanbase likes him?

Oh man I cant tell you how many times that thought has crossed my mind xD

but in all seriousness the lawsuit over Mega Collection is just messed up...I'm pretty sure he knew that game existed at the time and is just looking for ways to make Archie and SEGA give him money

In the end all he's doing is killing off any chance of Knuckles setting foot in that ...whatever it is that the Lara-Su Chronicles turns out to be ...although to be fair there was no chance to begin with

what is done is done indeed.

Well, we still have Rping and fanfictionning .

I , for one, will probably buy his book.

Too bad my money might go in a full fledged CGi movie with real actors playing as echidna.

1 person likes this

It might be the only way we'll see them again.

Penders has to make this book. I don't care how it's drawn. I need a closure for all my favorite characters, so I can move on.

Yeah I know things are all done...its tragic I accepted this fact with his whole "conditions" for his characters to return

Penders has to make this book. I don't care how it's drawn. I need a closure for all my favorite characters, so I can move on.

Yeah I mean...it would truly be unforgivable if he just does nothing with them after everything that he has done =( Although I wont read/watch it, I will be glad atleast they're being used somewhere =/

Also if it helps I'm pretty sure he will make something of the Lara-Su Chronicles after all the Legal drama and forced removal of his content he's pretty much run himself into a corner. That and all the money he spent trying to gain copyrights over his characters would be a massive waste

Hum, you do realise Archie can use the character right ? It's just that some of them are more touchy than others , like Julie-su . In our terms, that mostly means that to avoid going trough hundreds of troubles just so we can see them in an issue , they might try to avoid using these character completely .

They can ? huh...I just assumed that they couldn't as well as the reboot was Archie's way of making the continuity Penderproof

I'm pretty much in the dark on most of what can and can't be used sadly ^^;

yeah, me too.... I'm just recovering what I can.

If you want, I can direct you to penders' twitter. a lot of things are written there, assuming you can handle some of the things he writes.

Was Reading the Tv tropes pages for this series. It once again struck me how much of an ass this guy is. I mean He says Archie can use his characters if they make his version of 25 years later cannon. In other words if they spoil the entire plot. Though it's clear he never actually cared about the existing franchise and was obsessed with his own creations, which is fine, but WHY WOULD YOU CONSTANTLY INVOLVE YOURSELF IN A PRE-EXISTING FRANCHISE!!!?! Ugh makes no sense. Rant Over.

1 person likes this

You don't have to worry I wouldn't do anything to let the man know I exist or how I feel about what he has done

and Yeah...the whole Mobius 25 Years later thing is just...Mind blowing =( its what pretty much made me lose hope in them ever returning

Edited by ZonicTH
2 people like this

Sarcasm mode on

C'mon Glider4, what so bad about stating that Sonic and Tails should stop being friends, Robotnik should be defeated by Knuckles by accident, Mina should marry Tails, and Espio the not-mammal should grow a beard?

Why would ANYBODY have problem with that?

Sarcasm mode off

4 people like this

Because Trenchcoat espio is best Espio. Moreso with a FREAKING BEARD. Nothing is more badass than a trenchcoated ninja with a beard.

Now , did anyone got any news about what our favorite writer was now doing ? Heard he shipped some patch for his fans .

Trenchcoat Espio is definitely NOT best Espio, Locke

And in my opinion, Penders' 25 years later was kinda boring. What happened in SU was the best thing that's happened to it. But because it's not how he wants it, were going to lose everything from it. Just... Rubbish

4 people like this

I completely agree Dylan. I barely read much of it, because it just seemed to put that "world is starting to end" plot in the background, which was the only thing that brought some excitement to it and I'm not saying it brought a whole lot of excitement. Plus, I can't say I was a fan of the artwork either. As much as Ian improved the story, I still find the whole thing to not really be necessary. Isn't it better to let the readers guess what the future has in store for the comic's story, instead of some "cheat sheet" storyline that tells you how the whole war with Eggman ends?

Well, To be fair with Penders, If he was able to actually do his thing with 25 years later, Light mobius would have lasted way longer.

Hey so I read the reports online that the court ended up as draw? and nothing happened out of it due to Sega being a no show. Was wondering if this means we'll never see Julie-Su ever again?

(Excuse me while I go cry at the thought of this)

Anyways a filler or two would be great, the outcome is bugging me.

What do you guys think about all this?

Here's my strategy: I'm assuming all comic book characters are gone with few exceptions (Hood, Bow). If I'm right at least I wont spend next months worrying and guessing. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasently suprized.

According to what I heard, it's both the court and SEGA mandates.

Some fans believe that Archie's become paranoid, since they're only using characters from the games, SatAM, and those Flynn created. Considering what I've heard, they can't use anything that came from Sonic X, either.

They're think Archie's becoming paranoid because they're only using the characters that they are allowed to use? That sounds weird

It's just Archie not wanting to take any chances what so ever. This probably means we've got a pretty diminished cast. Hence the sudden creation of all new characters to help fill the very large whole in the character roster.

Given all the hassle and re-writes that the use of 'risky' characters has caused thus far, it's hard to blame them for being cautious.

I don't like it, but better that than another crazy reboot being forced on us.

That... didn't fill me with confidence.

It was exposition heavy and delivered in a bad way "as you know...", and it's still not very clear just what is going on. Of all the points to choose as a teaser, this was probably not a great choice.

And given Salma's mutation, I'm guessing this gonna be Echidna's only. (If that was stated earlier, whoops)

WHAT?! SALMA IS AN ECHIDNA NOW?!

Penders.jpg

Seriously! I thought she was Espio's daughter. How does this fit into 25 years later which he is so desperate to keep the same. I'm just hoping I read it wrong.

I am also really close to not reading it altogether. So no more surprises Penders. I mean it!

1 person likes this