BlurryDawgo

Ken Penders Topic...

649 posts in this topic

Penders said elsewhere Archie can use them but I highly doubt they would bother after this whole mess like I mentioned perviously, some fans are even suggesting Penders might be lying though.

Sigh. He just can't let the peace flow can he? If what he says about reviewing stories is true, then Archie won't come within on hundred miles of that trip wire. The real problem is that there are so many issues that should be resolved involving his character and if they ever do return (Heaven willing) it won't be for LONG time. How saddening it is to have no conclusion to stories that had so much potential.

Hey, at least, They had stories to begin with. A closure is needed for many, but some did not even had a story to begin with. Sorry Spectre.

1 person likes this

Yeah, but he also died stopping Knuckles Enerjax. And the timeline in X years later was changed anyway, so it doesn't really matter if his death in stopping Enerjax contradicts his other death

So his "nothing must contradict what was established in my MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER stories" is kinda stupid in some sense.

Thats a thing?

jiFfM.jpg

There's, what, four future timelines? (One where Nicole is from, 25 years later, the redone 25 years later/30 years later, plus the one that comes as the present comics don't match 30 years later) Plus the one that will come after this reboot is settled down. So, yeah, you just can't canonise a future storyline.

and here I though this would have been settled down As alternate cannon.... like penders does his own cannon, and archie Keep cool clothe Lara-lee.

1 person likes this

Yes, there is more than one timeline, some work together as the same future, others do not. Sonic and Shadow couldnt both have been made king at the beginning. So we have two main alternate timelines. Penders doesn't want anything to contradict his version of 25 years later. But with an alternate timeline, part of the point is that there are changes. Otherwise, why would there be an alternate timeline. This makes his second point stupid. Of course there will be some contradictions if the timeline is different. So in a way, we can't satisfy either side with X years later

My life was way better without me knowing about this problem. But then, Some crazy fans decided to tire me with this day and night.

Don't worry, it wasn't on sonic scanf.

I understand. I also didn't know about this until I joined this site

All I cared about the mobius X later was the relationship between the future guardian (cool clothed Lara-lee), and Rutan. That sounded like something to follow, had the series not been aborted.

I thought some good stuff came out of it but it just felt SOOOOO pointless.

Her name is Lara Su, Locke. Lara Le is Knuckles' mother, isn't she?

I enjoyed the Sonic Universe arc of X years later. The rest, I found a little boring

Well, before, Ken's chars could be in reprints, as long as they were not on the front cover of the graphic novel. I've seen the cover for Saga Series 5, though, and Enerjak is on it! (If they are back, we will probably see them by #265. "By", not "in" guys. They probably could be there as soon as #255. I'm just going that far for safety.)

Yeah, this topic is making some of you uncomfortable. I myself have a controversial feeling of guilt for creating it.

Lara-lee, Mara-su... Knckles just got very bad taste in Name.... Naming his girl after his mom and girlfriend? He could have gone with something like She-La . Now that would have original.

And I'm not uncomfortable, don't worry. It's a necessary evil, as Penders and co(mic?) are for now part of Archie everydays New.

Well, he was married then so Julie Su became his wife, not girlfriend. And he couldn't call her Knuckles Su. So he went for his mother and got Lara Su

This could affect the comic a lot, so I don't mind giving my opinions about Penders and everything to do with his characters

Like he said himself , he doesn't even have time to read his own forum, let alone the post he was linked to on bumbleking . So think

about us .

But at least , you cleared up an issue I had about knuckles and his daughter , Cool clothed Lara-su.

->Fan

-> Suggesting.

So arty, I though of you as someone better than that. Listening to this kind of rumors... really?

Beside, They are coming back, don't worry. And don't go on bumbleking hoping for more information like this. Saying bad things on someone like that can be a crime.

No no no! You're misunderstanding! I was just stating what I've been reading around, I'm not believing it. If you're interested here's where I found what some fans have been saying: http://www.deviantar...nders-397524777

Click the link and you'll find several tumblr links on what they're thinking Penders is up to. They made an interesting post which I never heard before regarding Penders:

"He's already had past incidences when he still worked at Archie that proves he's a liar. During the Return to Angel Island arc he informed Karl Bollers that he had complete creative freedom over the Knuckles cast so long as he didn't kill off Locke. He then went back on his word telling Bollers what he could and couldn't do and what characters he had permission to use. This is why Stryker suddenly wound up with a son out of nowhere. Penders had decided Stryker was off limits. And when the fans were informed of this incident on Penders' old forum he adamantly denied ever giving Bollers that permission in the first place.

DON'T. TRUST HIM. EVER."

While I'm not even sure of this quote above, what do you all think?

No no no! You're misunderstanding! I was just stating what I've been reading around, I'm not believing it. If you're interested here's where I found what some fans have been saying: http://www.deviantar...nders-397524777

Click the link and you'll find several tumblr links on what they're thinking Penders is up to. They made an interesting post which I never heard before regarding Penders:

"He's already had past incidences when he still worked at Archie that proves he's a liar. During the Return to Angel Island arc he informed Karl Bollers that he had complete creative freedom over the Knuckles cast so long as he didn't kill off Locke. He then went back on his word telling Bollers what he could and couldn't do and what characters he had permission to use. This is why Stryker suddenly wound up with a son out of nowhere. Penders had decided Stryker was off limits. And when the fans were informed of this incident on Penders' old forum he adamantly denied ever giving Bollers that permission in the first place.

DON'T. TRUST HIM. EVER."

While I'm not even sure of this quote above, what do you all think?

That's not a good omen. If it's true then I really can't believe anything he says. I know they're his characters, but he seems really touchy about them, as though he allowed to write about them and no one else.

Thing is , just like us, they are just fans . We cannot know for sure if they are right or if we are wrong . What we need would be someone who was inside , and who could give a proof . Some things just cannot be believed by word alone.

So....No dark brotherhood 2 for us.

No penders, No !!!

Oh no! Not square one again!

(I couldn't help but notice that one comment at the bottom too)

Yeah, and for help reasons, below this sentence is a family member of mine who has her say.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

This is my personal opinion and I have no knowledge of any other legal issues concerning this case but based on only what I have read I think it is absolutely right that Penders got the ruling on copyright. I also think he is due a percentage of the profits from the sales of his ideas. How much he gets should be based on how much it cost Sega/EA to market and promote. Taking that into consideration he should get a percentage of the overall profits after this adjustment for these output costs are taken into consideration.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Her words, not mine!

The pendermen........

also, why being affraid ? opinions are opinions, nothing more.

Oh, sorry. Your more detailed and understandable response?

I don't about other's opinion. Exept when I do.

beside, everyone is unique.