NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

I have thought of one possibility that may make this good.

Maybe, just maybe.... possibly, perhaps.... Sticks might join the main series?

Honestly... I highly doubt it will happen... Separate comics are separate comics after all...but it's worth wishing for I guess

Yeah, I know it's bloody unlikely what with all the issues and legalities and mandates and everything. But it would be nice to see something good come of this

Yeah, I know it's bloody unlikely what with all the issues and legalities and mandates and everything. But it would be nice to see something good come of this

Well for the megaman series I can see something good coming out of this but the way Sega and Archie had been treating sonic recently we can only hope something good come out of this.

what do you mean by that Blue Comet? I personally think the comics have been just fine (not going to mention few mistakes in Sonic Boom though...) and I'm really looking forward to this. hopefully it'll be great story... and hopefully it won't leave permanent marks on Sonic's or Mega Man's worlds like last time... so many things gone wrong there (at least in Sonic's World)

I didn't know where else to put this... so here ya go

SSSM13.jpg

As Archie Action Comics races toward the WORLDS UNITE crossover event, prepare yourself with an all-new prequel tale: THE GENESIS PORTAL! When a strange energy signature appears on Sonic’s shattered world, what could it mean for our heroes and their fight to save the planet? And what ominous implications will this have for the WORLDS UNITE event? Featuring new story and art from the superstar Archie Sonic team! The SONIC SUPER SPECIAL MAGAZINE gives you the world of Sonic the Hedgehog comics as you’ve never seen it before, with tons of comic stories, special features and exclusive articles on the latest and greatest in the world of everyone’s favorite blue hedgehog-hero! This issue also features a special encore selection from the history-making “WORLDS COLLIDE” storyline, and much, much more! All this plus the extra features you love, an interview with Sonic newcomer Diana Skelly AND a super special shiny foil-enhanced cover featuring art by Sonic comic superstar Ben Bates!

There we go... we have a prequel tale of it here for you guys. It'll be a while until we see it but at least we have something

Note: I don't know if this will be up on the site when it comes out so PLEASE don't bug the staff about it if it doesn't show up

Granted, this was early in the announcement, and before Boom and X were confirmed to be involved, but he hasn't said anything deconfirming his comment since then. So as of right now: No, it isn't a separate series. It WILL be taking over STH, Universe, Mega Man and Boom next year. Sorry guys, but it's probably just easier for them that way.

Well shoot. lol

At least they will probably release it all as graphic novels or a hardback book after it's all said and done. There is no way I'm going to try to hunt down all these comics separately...

Thank you Sonic Scanf!

what do you mean by that Blue Comet? I personally think the comics have been just fine (not going to mention few mistakes in Sonic Boom though...) and I'm really looking forward to this. hopefully it'll be great story... and hopefully it won't leave permanent marks on Sonic's or Mega Man's worlds like last time... so many things gone wrong there (at least in Sonic's World)

I'm saying that since mega man is still new in I think by the time worlds unite ends he's ready to do megaman 4 and 5 and since capcom beauty much don't care what happens to the blue bomber I can see good think for mega man but since sonic has lost his freedom I highly doubt anything good comes out of this like the old universe come back or certain characters return sonic is going to have a hard time with the fans expectantly those who left because of Archie, Sega, and KP BS.

true... though I myself can really seem to notice anything bad in Sonic comics... how exactly is it bad nowadays?

I wouldn't have said it's bad*. Most people are just disappointed (bitter) that so much stuff was lost in the reboot.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have said the comic has been 'great' since the reboot. Most of the time it's just 'okay'. Which, coupled with the aforementioned reboot issues, can lead to it being labeled 'bad'.

aside from Sally's action in the last two issues. Seriously, what WERE you thinking?

well true the story might have taken a step to the "mistake" side but... I still like it... sort of... of course I miss some of the characters... are there any characters which on 100% possibility won't EVER come back to the comics?

are there any characters which on 100% possibility won't EVER come back to the comics?

Barring a miracle:

Anything created by Penders.

Any family members created in the comics.

Any character that could leave Sega open to another lawsuit.

So.... any non-game/show character introduced before Flynn took over basically...

;_____; WHA-?? really?? how come I never heard about this?? WHY?? Dx

Uh... I dunno why you didn't hear about it before but... yeah, this is why people are upset a the reboot.

Admittedly the third point is more speculation that something confirmed, but given everything else I'd be amazed if it wasn't the case.

Basically, Penders sued because he didn't like what was done with some of his characters, then after the lawsuit Sega swooped in with a bunch of guidelines that Flynn was forced to follow.

Just putting this here as well because I don't know where else to put it

StH_FCBD_2015_Cover.jpgMM_FCBD_2015_Cover.jpg

Worlds Unite: PRELUDE" - It's TWO free comic books in ONE! Just in time for the start of the ALL-NEW epic Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover event, "Worlds Unite," comes a primer issue exclusively for Free Comic Book Day! The road to "Unite" began in the history-making "Worlds Collide" storyline, continued in 2013's "DAWN OF X" storyline, and once again our heroes must meet-Mega Man's journey chronicled on one side, and Sonic the Hedgehog's on the other! This is the must-have primer for the biggest comic book event of 2015-as two video game icons must come together... or risk dying alone! Featuring art from both Sonic and Mega Man comic book fame!

This is the free comic book day issue. I'm pretty sure this makes the 3rd one in a row to have a tie in between Sonic and Megaman

Free Comics Day the best day for all us comic book nerds.

StH_FCBD_2015_Cover.jpgMM_FCBD_2015_Cover.jpg

Is that Sally in the background? Uh that's new that the Freedom Fighters will come up. Last time there was only the main characters from the games from SEGA...

Where since it is called worlds unite I guess the freedom fighters would be involve unless Archie want to make it main Sega and Capcom characters only.

ok so I'm seriously waiting for this just to see whether it's good or a bad story... I really really wish.. that if they include Sonic Boom characters... please.. just PLEASE let Knuckles be a bit smarter than in the usual Sonic Boom comics! it's all I ask... ;___;

http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/worlds-unite.html

The NEW HIT crossover event is HERE! Video game icons Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man collide in an all-new 12-part crossover event! Starting with Sonic Universe issue #76 and continuing in all four titles- Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Sonic Boom, and Mega Man!

The story line is a 3 part Arc containing 4 issues per Arc. Thats 12 issues total!

So like the previous crossover, it's going to be 12 issues. And with 4 series involved, it will be a span of around 3 months (Compared to 4 months last time with just StH, SU, and MM).

Now the only question is how an interaction of up to four worlds fit into this amount.

Twelve issues for the last crossover felt rushed. And that was just the two basic worlds.

My gut tells me this is gonna be a train wreck. Don't want it to be, but...

Twelve issues for the last crossover felt rushed. And that was just the two basic worlds. My gut tells me this is gonna be a train wreck. Don't want it to be, but...

I'd actually disagree with that. I felt that the first crossover had enough issues, with each act having their purpose (Act 1 for introductions/obligatory hero fight, Act 2 for character interations/team-up fights, and Act 3 for pushing their limits to the max). But that's just my thoughts. The biggest flaw for me was Act 2, mostly because it was so formulaic, with each issue just being "We took out 2-3 Roboticized Masters! Yay!" Ah well, I still had a good time with WC, so I'm not too worried about WU yet.

I also get the feeling that world unite will be a commercial failure.

A commercial failure?  Not by a long shot in my opinion.  The primary reason they're making this is how Worlds Collide was such a rip roaring success.  I know the time gap between these two isn't much, but that won't stop fans flocking like birds to read Worlds Unite be it good or bad.