Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishurna

The Sonic '06 thread

50 posts in this topic

I can understand people not liking it.

I can't understand the fanatical hate.

Because people don't like different and people like to complain :3

If they legitimately don't like it after playing it fair enough. If they've never played it they really shouldn't complain

At least we can agree that this game is much better than Rise of Lyric.

Rise of Lyric isn't that bad. Why do people keep bashing it?

Uh...bad graphics, bad writing, bad camera, bad controls, bad combat, clunky speed sections, a ridiculous amount of glitches, dull music, and a lack of creativity? And if that doesn't convince you, the game has a score of 32 on Metacritic–that's lower than this game's score of 46.

Er, I'm playing it.

Bad graphic? Not really. It's Sonic, it doesn't NEED state of the art graphics/

Bad Writing. Nope. Seen worse in Sonic games

Bad Camera: Ditto

Bad Controls: It lacks a lock on system in combat, other than that controls are okay

Bad Combat: I find it okay, but I haven't played many combat games so I could be wrong

Clunky Speed sections: Yep, Agree there

Glitches: Er, nope. I've found hardly any

Dull Music: Lost's Worlds was worse.

Lack of Creativity: I wouldn't have said so. Maybe not as much as their should be, but it's not like it's missing

Metacritic: So? The internet hates it? What does that prove given the glut of Sonic haters out there, plus those who will hate it because it's different.

Don;t get me wrong, it's far from perfect, but the bashing it's received is unjustified.

Have you played it BlueBlur?

Everyone is jumping on the hate wagon before even playing it themselves. The "cool" thing to do on the internet has been bashing Sonic games since what... Sonic Heroes?

Sonic '06 was a game released when it was basically still in Alpha. Sonic Boom could definitely use some polish, but it's no where near as bad as 06. I agree with you Skye. And the graphics aren't what they were showing originally, but the game still looks good in my opinion. I also actually like a lot of the banter between the characters. I feel like Sonic finally has some of his famous 'tude back.

Everyone is jumping on the hate wagon before even playing it themselves. The "cool" thing to do on the internet has been bashing Sonic games since what... Sonic Heroes?

Probably since the Internet was first around. Considering there are people who STILL aren't happy with Sonic's redesign for Sonic Adventure.

Er, I'm playing it.

Bad graphic? Not really. It's Sonic, it doesn't NEED state of the art graphics/

Bad Writing. Nope. Seen worse in Sonic games

Bad Camera: Ditto

Bad Controls: It lacks a lock on system in combat, other than that controls are okay

Bad Combat: I find it okay, but I haven't played many combat games so I could be wrong

Clunky Speed sections: Yep, Agree there

Glitches: Er, nope. I've found hardly any

Dull Music: Lost's Worlds was worse.

Lack of Creativity: I wouldn't have said so. Maybe not as much as their should be, but it's not like it's missing

Metacritic: So? The internet hates it? What does that prove given the glut of Sonic haters out there, plus those who will hate it because it's different.

Don;t get me wrong, it's far from perfect, but the bashing it's received is unjustified.

Have you played it BlueBlur?

Sorry, I haven't due to what I heard from those who got it early. I was very hyped for it prior to release, so I guess I'm trying to bash it with what the Internet is saying to try to deal with disappointment. Again, sorry. (This is embarrassing.)

I haven't played it at all. I've seen the reviews though and I've seen the complaints. There is much bad publicity out there and it's easy to get caught up in the anti-boom hype.

It's easy to complain about it, but I see no reason unless someone has played it or in some of the cases, watched the cutscenes. Watching a walkthrough on YouTube is not always reliable because there may be a difference in how you each played it

I for one will keep my judgements on it away until I play it

---------

Oh and that said... this is the Sonic 06 thread not the Sonic Boom thread. Why are we discussing Boom here?

It's okay, but in this case, you really can't trust the internet. Lost World is worse than Rise of Lyric.

Like I said, it's not perfect, and if you want a standard Sonic game, it's pretty far removed from that. But the internet seems to have developed an irrational hatred for it. The glitches only really exist IF you go looking for them. ("Hmm, what happens if I jump INTO this cliff as opposed to the way the platform is actually facing". Seriously, look at the clip Centaur Man posted. The player deliberately jumps the wrong way, and has to jump TWICE to cause the glitch)

-------------

Oops, Sorry. Er, cause some people keep saying 'Sonic Boom is worse' in this topic.

One thing about Sonic '06, if it was actually good, we wouldn't have Sonic Colors.

Edited by BlueBlur62391

To be honest, the issue with 06 wasn't that it was a bad game. It was an unfinished game. If it were given the necessary development time, I think it could have been a good game with a fair amount of flaws, like the rest of the series preceding it.

And now history has repeated itself.

Lost World is worse than Rise of Lyric.

This. I almost said that in my earlier post. And where do I get a cool defense badge!

Oh and Sonic '06... uh... is bad!

There, back on topic...

This. I almost said that in my earlier post. And where do I get a cool defense badge!

Heh, talk to Dylan. He's made the one's we're proudly showing. He's got a Sonic, Tails and Sticks one so far. Good to have you on the team.

And... er... yes... Bad 06, bad!

Oh? Who has Sonic?

To be honest, the issue with 06 wasn't that it was a bad game. It was an unfinished game. If it were given the necessary development time, I think it could have been a good game with a fair amount of flaws, like the rest of the series preceding it.

And yeah, I agree. The game was looking very good graphically. The music, like I said earlier in this thread, was awesome! Just think... if SEGA did compete it, we would be talking about how good Sonic '07 was! haha

Oh? Who has Sonic?

Currently no one

And yeah, I agree. The game was looking very good graphically. The music, like I said earlier in this thread, was awesome! Just think... if SEGA did compete it, we would be talking about how good Sonic '07 was! haha

No, we wouldn't. Not with THAT plot! Well, okay, maybe 'great game, horrible story'

Good to have you on the team.

Forgot to say it, but I'm sure you guys saw that I've been defending it since I got the games xD

No, we wouldn't. Not with THAT plot! Well, okay, maybe 'great game, horrible story'

And well... yeah. Story was bad... and wrong. Maybe if the princess was so sort of animal?

Forgot to say it, but I'm sure you guys saw that I've been defending it since I got the games xD

Yep! You're practically the founding member of the team!

And well... yeah. Story was bad... and wrong. Maybe if the princess was so sort of animal?

That would solve that one horrific scene. But it wouldn't solve the fact the Princess feels like an 'author-insert' character who gets kidnapped WAY too often.

I didn't really have any problems with it because I didn't run into too many glitches like other people I guess because I wasn't trying to find one it not that sonic 06 was so bad nothing at this point can fix it it just was an unfinished product that should of wait another month before being releases.

The game isn't that bad if you know how to avoid the glitches, but the fact that they exist and you have to actively avoid them in some cases is a problem in and of itself. Overall, i enjoy the game but i might be biased because i love any game/thing that Silver is in.

my game is FAR TOO glitchy... even when I run *BAM Glitch... o_o''

It's hard to avoid glitches when to continue a stage you have to hit a spring... and it then sends you to your death ;P

well my glitches occur even when I'm simply RUNNING around. RUNNING! most of the time Sonic usually runs! and *BAM glitches o_o'' and not even going to mention what happened to my snowboard... Thank you Sonic's skills! xD

The only glitch I run into regularly are knuckles and rouge getting stuck to a wall and the mach speed section I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't encounter as many glitches as other sonic 06 players.

Edited by Blue Comet

yes Blue Comet. yes you are.. my first Boss Battle was horrible. at the first time I made no damage to it no matte what I did... and on the second... even the slightest touch to a wall and *BAM damage o_o'

and I ain't even going to mention that desert level where you have to carry Elise around.. =-='' logic has no meaning in that level obviously...