283 posts in this topic

Alright… here I am again with reviews! I have a lot of catching up to do after missing my reviews so many (blame computer games)

So let’s get on with it shall we?

EPISODE 9 – GUILT TRIPPING

So it’s just another day on Boom Island or wherever they are. Sorry, I haven’t played the game so I don’t know. The sun is shining, the butterflies flying and Sonic and Tails hoverboard racing. Or at least until Sonic tries to show off to Tails because he’s Sonic and fails. Safety first Sonic. Always look where you are going. Hmm… at least Tails is impressed. You win this time hedgehog…

But what’s this? Thieves raiding a village? Pretty early for a major fight… yeah. Thought so. They’re defeated. But it’s not ov… oh wait. It is They’re gone. Bye bad bandit team! Now… perhaps we can find a reason the chief of that village and the villagers seemed so eager to give up their possessions to these clear villains. No? Now they’re thanking them for saving them? And pointing out how they’re belongings are now scattered around. Well that’s an interesting way of thank… wait… okay. What is up with these Gogobuds(?) It’s starting to get weird how passive aggressive they are being. Sonic. Run. Run away now. You’ll regret not doing so

Nope. They sit down to a victory feast because the Gogobud chief, who actually seems familiar for some reason, talked them into it and is now watching them eat with his other villagers instead of eating too… even though at least one of them is hungry… <_< Told you should’ve run Sonic. Now you and Tails feel terrible and the chief is continuing making you feel too guilty to leave… well that explains the title. So the Gogobuds make Sonic and Tails a bed and are given the softest blanketsw in the village. Not so bad, right? Oh. The blanket was the only source of warmth for the children in the nursery…

facepalm.jpg

This is such cringeworthy episode. Please let it get better. Let’s fast forward to night. The gogobuds are asleep. A chance for Sonic and Tails to sneak away? Nope. The chief is there to stop him with two others… OH! I know where I’ve seen the chief before! He was in episode 8! Sonic was watching him on TV! *Goes back to watch that part* Yep. He was still guilt tripping people back then. Nice to know it’s normal. So back to this episode now. They’re not sleeping and ARGH! WHERE DID HE COME FROM AND WHY IS HE THERE??? Yep. I’m sure you can guess who I mean. Fastiduous Beaver showed up and is breaking the fourth wall now! He is steadily getting bigger roles and soon he will take over Sonic Boom entirely! THIS IS PROOF! I’m not crazy! HE’S COMING FOR YOU!

*Slaps self a few times*

I’m okay now… More guilt tripping from the Gogobuds about more bandit attacks and Team Sonic and Tails are stuck again. But wait? Tails has a plan! A defence system for the village! Yay! Only worry is… can you make it Gogobud-proof? Because I’m pretty sure Sonic is right in this case and they’re nuts! Right… so defence system put up… apart from the lasers, they don’t look very high tech… but still. They’re not that nuts that they’ll set off the traps themsel………

double_facepalm.png

Yep. They are. And using it to guilt trip them even more. Now it’s time for Sonic’s plan which is… more guilt? I’ll have to see this. Sonic approaches the chief, the chief plays the first move annnnnnnd… some version of “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” soundtrack starts playing…

giphy.gif

(Gotta love the Picard facepalms eh?)

I’d clap to any kid who knew had seen the film but this is not a good episode so it disappoints me to hear the song from a good classic like “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” in there *Sighs* Anyways… Sonic counters the argument by talking about his… plants? Um… I don’t see how plants even come close to matching up with the lives of a few villagers. So… I’m with the Gogobuds on this one… or Sonic… GAH! This is confusing!

Anyway… SOMEHOW Sonic and Tails won the battle. I don’t know how. I wasn’t convinced but I guess things are different for nature-living Gogobuds. So Sonioc and Tails go home but get a shock as the Gogobuds are in there waiting for them… Okay… firstly, how did they get there quicker than Sonic and Tails. I mean sure it looks like Sonic and Tails stopped to pick up a cheeseburger but the queue can’t have been that long. Unless George was the one serving them… then I could understand. Anyway second… How did the Gogobuds know where they lived? They don’t look the type to have a TV to see any battles between Sonic and Eggman being fought. Maybe… Fastidious Beaver told them <_<

Okay… so these guys are now just being rude. So they make fun of Sonic’s house for not having a door and comment on the lack of snacks and cold beverages. I wouldn’t want these guys as guests. I can tell you that. It is revealed, that they are there because they still want the protection of Sonic and Tails… I guess that’s obvious. And in return they were going to water the non-existent houseplants Sonic and Tails had been talking about… oh dear… So they opened all Sonic’s mail and took out all the food from the cans and are about to listen to all Sonic’s phone messages. Wow… these guys really are nuts and not in a good way

So in the messages we hear Doctor Eggman. I’d question why Eggman has Sonic’s phone number but I’ve seen bromance at times between the two of them so I won’t go there. Anyway… Doctor Eggman first reveals he’s going to blow up the dam to Sonic…

trap.png

Next he says he’s at the dam ready to blow it up. Then it’s a wrong dial. Then he reveals it was a trap (told you) and is saddened that Sonic would not turn up. Dammit Gogobuds. You’re getting in the way of their bromance. How rude of you. Oh… you’re jealous? Is that why? Well Eggman was there first! Go find someone else! Right… So Eggman arrives at Sonic’s house with several badniks wanting to battle! Hooray! Most interesting thing that happened in this episode! The bros, Sonic and Eggman talk for a bit before the battle begins. As one would expect, the Gogobuds get in the way of the battle, the chief doing so purposefully. I’m not sure if it was meant towards Sonic or Eggman but probably Eggman. And of course, Eggman doesn’t care and Sonic has to save them. So to the skies Sonic and Tails go to escape from the Gogobuds. And it certainly helps as the badniks become no problem to destroy

So Eggman is defeated and Eggman blames it on the Gogobud chief… which of course gives a plan to Sonic. He claims the Gogobuds were the reason they won making Eggman want to take them away from Sonic. At first the Gogobud chief protests but Sonic uses his guilt tripping lessons on the Gogobud chief and after a quick plea from Eggman, the Gogobud chief agrees. Sonic… that’s torture! Poor Eggman! How could you do something like that to him you meanie.

And so ends the video pretty much with only a little part showing the Gogobuds guilt tripping Eggman at the end. This episode was… pretty bad. Eggman was the only thing that saved the show from a complete disaster. The best way to sum up Guilt tripping is one big

sonic_facepalm_by_brianamcginnis-d4nm0y7

More coming soon

1 person likes this

I actually like Sonic Boom. The humor is good, The animations good as well and Sticks as paranoid as in comics! What else could I possibly need? Oh right. Bring back the classic Knuckles please =-=

Is Sticks really Marine?... I swear she has the wackiness and similar look/vibe imo

Sticks the Badger is clearly designed based on Marine the Raccoon, having the simillar colors, simillar personalities, similar roles, but being placed in different settings as different characters. Stick's appearance is likely to be built as an attempt to create different a slightly character, either to pay a homage toward the preceding character, to either avoid copyright, or to avoid ruining the original character.

You see these types of similarity all the time in anime and cartoon: like Kenshiro & Jonathan Joestar (similar builds and shirts), Homer & Peter (Similarly loser fathers), two different Rainbow Dash (same namesake) and countless mask-wearing Char Aznable look-alike and many Shana & Loiuse archetype of the loli-teenger heroines with furious tempers. Sometimes, the similarities are being generated from two or more different characters. According to Sonic News Network, Stick seems to be a fusion dance between Marine and the boomerang-using treasure huntress named Aika from Skies of Arcadia.

TV Trope lists such similar characters as 'Expy' (exported character). You can read the following article for more detail: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Expy

Edited by arekpowalan

If I'd have to pick a favorite episode of the ones I seen so far it would be Dude Where's MY Eggman. It was the first episode to be centered around Robot and Cubot. Ever since I played Sonic Colors I've loved those two.

Oooooh! That was a good episode. Poor Orbot and Cubot. They didn't have any better situation in the newest episode either.. Those two are just too unappreciated by Eggman. (not to mention Eggman's buddy looks like Zalgo from Creepypasta) and the Mario reference is real!!

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Who'll be happy to hear sonic boom is getting a season 2 (Yea late on this topic) and their maybe a possibility of it having a canon storyline like SatAM, Underground, and X did.

Nah. Doubt they'd go for a sudden change part way through. At best we'll get a storyline like with the time travelling in AoSTH but even thst I doubt

Never heard that was going to happen but cool o_o when??

Nah. Doubt they'd go for a sudden change part way through. At best we'll get a storyline like with the time travelling in AoSTH but even thst I doubt

They say they made it's not 100% official but they say they made do it.

It wouldn't hurt to have a episode that was longer for some extra story... or even a two part episode in there?

But all in all, I've been enjoying the TV show. There's just something nice about seeing your favorite characters alive in a new cartoon show... It just makes me happy ;D

1 person likes this

What's funny is before the TV show everybody was hating on sonic x for ruining the characters and making chris take everyone of sonic's friends spotlight but now everyone hate it for the same reason minus chris and for being empty, boring, and void of life.

Edited by Blue Comet

I think people hate it because it's different

I mean we still can't get past Knuckles' body size

I like Sonic Boom a whole lot more then Sonic X. I was not a fan of Chris...

I wasn't a fan of Chris at first but eh.. He's not that bad really. (I was re-watching Sonic X with my friend and really Chris is okay. Nice kid) But I do enjoy Sonic Boom. Wish they wouldn't make fun of Knuckles so much... =-= He's my favorite character..

It's not that Chris isn't a nice kid... but he just doesn't really fit in with all the Sonic characters in my opinion.

Yeah I understand your point I mean really at first I thought he was really annoying (thank god I watched Japanese version) but then I understood he thinks like me. He cares for his friends and all.. and well knowing since there are Overlanders in their worlds Chris actually fits in just fine I think.

I didn't mind Chris too much, though I felt his role was too large at the expense of others in the cast.  At least, until he doomed the whole world.  At which poitn I wanted to slap him.

However... I should point out this is the Sonic Boom topic and Sonic X has it's own one.

Sorry ^_^'' got a little sidetracked there... But really so far my favorite things in Sonic Boom: 1. Sticks and her personality. She might be crazy and paranoid but half of the time she is right about things! 2. Orbot and Cubot. I just want to hug those two poor robots. ;_____; Eggman I know you might be cruel and evil villain but c'mon! Be nice to the two will you? 3. The humor. Just perfectly cartoonish yet actually funny.

Is Sticks really Marine?... I swear she has the wackiness and similar look/vibe imo

The team at Big Red Button responded to that, and stated that Sticks isn't based on Marine.

To quote TV Tropes, she's a throwback to Crash Bandicoot.

to the show's credit it makes up for the horrible sonic game. it's pretty funny.

I'm anxiously waiting for season 2 to air. I actually miss waking up at 7am on Saturdays to watch Sonic Boom. ^^

I'm anxiously waiting for season 2 to air. I actually miss waking up at 7am on Saturdays to watch Sonic Boom. ^^

same, anyone know when season 2 starts?

same, anyone know when season 2 starts?

Sadly there hasn't been an announcement for when it will air, just that there will be a second season. Can't wait til they say when it will be.

Hopefully soon, but I'l have to get a bigger flash drive because season 1 has almost filled it up.