SonicFanatic

A Sonic movie?

40 posts in this topic

Kinda new to making forum topics... but this seemed to be a good one to start with.

How many of you Sonic fans would love to see SEGA produce a very own film featuring Sonic and the rest of the crew? Do you think it would be the best idea or?

I'm sure most of you have seen the Sonic fan-film produced not too long-- which was I personally think it was very good for a non-profit film. Other than that, the producer should've took more time on it.

So, I would love to get this discussion going if any of you like to share your own views on this topic. ^_^

A new sonic movie would sound pretty dandy right about now.

Sounds like a great idea. I always wondered when Sonic was going to get his own movie.

I would love to see a new Sonic movie come out

Too premature to be released now.

I don't mind a sonic movie, though I did not enjoy the movies from the past. Including Sonic Ova and the fanmade films. If there comes a movie, I would preferabely have it anime style (instead of cartoon/reality) and a bit mature (preferabely following the comics a bit)

1 person likes this

As long as it's an animation movie, it'll be fine. But there will still be people not enjoying it.

As long as it's an animation movie, it'll be fine. But there will still be people not enjoying it.

I agree. There are some very picky Sonic fans out there... But it would be nice to see what SEGA could do.

Anything would be good for me. But I am KINDA picky about his voice and appearance. I really don't like people making him all weird looking in reality.

I'd be looking forward to it proviided it were CGI a la Resident Evil Darnation, and had a more mature feel to it. I must admit after seeing how well a CGI movie can work, an anime would turn me off from it, especially as it'd mean it's probably dubbed and thus out of sync.

But what if it's another anime a la "STRANGE ISN'T IT?"

For what it's worth I enjoyed the OVA. I'm not against the anime style, I just prefer CG because it looks better in my opinion and seems to fit video game adaptations rather well. Speaking of dubbing, getting the right voices for each character would be problematic. The fanbase is notoriously divided over the voice cast after all.

1 person likes this

Like I said, If Sega wants to make something good out of it, All they have to do, is to actually make both of his american and japanese branch of his groups works together, and above all; NOT LISTENING TO THEIR FANS.

I thought Sega of Japan wasn't really involved in Sonic much anymore? I know it's generally done better as a franchise in the West. But anyway I get your point, especially about appeasing the fans. Unless we have a very good point, we generally aren't really worth listening to unfortunately, far too much squabbling. It seems Sega and Sonic Team deliver best when their main focus is to just make a good product. I have no idea which continuity they'd hypothetically base it around. The games don't really seem to have one anymore, the world changes every few games. Who knows, maybe they'd use a film to establish a new one or reestablish the old Adventure one, or maybe just make it standalone like the OVA.

Or maybe it's what make the games so bad. Abandoning continuity for a simple focus : Going fast.

Now, that would be an Idea.

Also, Yes, It's basically Sega of america that saved Sonic back in the 90, and is more likely to do again, if we can let them that is.

If movie producers have any sense they'll create their own continuity. The last thing you want to do is alienate the people for whom this would be their first look at Sonic. Aside from that, as long as it isn't a live-action movie it could work.

1 person likes this

I suppose you are refering to that less than natural sonic fan movie, Right?

Nope. Never seen it. I'm just referring to the multiple trailers I've seen of cartoon franchises going live action, and they all look horrible.

Wait, less than natural Sonic fan movie? I guess there's something I should be glad I've missed

Let's just sat that , while the movie looks good, there is a reason why sonic never went live action.

I doubt SEGA has the resources to make a Sonic film, and there is already an OVA and a CG/live-action hybrid fan-film, and wait, isn't there also the Sonic Boom TV series in the works by one of the My Little Pony dudes at this very moment? If they made a movie, it would be interesting to see either 2D or 3D art styles, but the 3D art style has been less explored than the 2D for Sonic, so it would be more original and new-looking.

Also, I just realized Locke's avatar fits that last post way too well.

2 people like this

Just with no human helper like chris in it.

1 person likes this

Everyone hates Chris!

I would still watch it even if there was a human helper, but I probably wont enjoy it as much