The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Thinking by any chances that he is waiting for us over there?"Said Spectre.

---------------------

"I'm affraid it might be Locke himself...." said Sabre."He must have pushed himself too hard these days.... Especially after the werehog thing."

"Sabre, if you know what's causing it please tell us"

"Of course he is." Kali says as him and Spectre rush through the woods at tremendous speed. They reach the river to see small tracks of ice moving upstream.

"He must be at the lake where all the waters coming from." Kali says changing direction to move more inland.

"I think..."started Sabre"That Locke got a stroke. His nerve couldn't handle anymore stress, And they gave in, hence the loss of conscioussness...all that stress built up, until one last stroke..got the better of him."

---------------------------------

"So be it." said Spectre, following his companion.

"Stress? A stroke. But he's... He's gonna be alright isn't he?" asked Skye

"Got the better of him? He's not... Dead. Is he?"

Kali lands out the edge of the forest to take a view of the great lake before him. Half of it was frozen over, leaving a chilling mist in the area. Out in the center of the lake,Trigun stood, wielding a large halberd as he continues to tap it on the water, freezing over even more. He looks up to See Kali and soon Spectre approach him.

"Well well. I couldn't have asked for a better pair." he says walking towards them with his arms open. "Where has the rest of them gone?"

"No, he is not..." Said Sabre."But I need to know... What did happen during those last weeks ? You were with him, right ?"

--------------------------------------

"We send them away trigun. We don't need them to end up as corrupted as you already are." Started Spectre."Now, if only you decided to stop this non sense..."

"You might want to sit down," said Skye, as he began to retell everything that had happened.

"There is no reason to stop." Trigun says. Kali looks to him with anger.

"What makes you so sure!? All we want to do is find out the secrets of our ancestors and return home! Why won't you help us?"

"Because there is no home to return to."

Kali stares at him for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"The journal of Perseus explains all that needs to be known. There is nothing left for us to return to. My kind can read anything through a simple touch of literature and scan the vibrations of water written in its text. I'm sure the false god of that emerald will soon understand what's inside as well."

"None of that makes sense!" Kali pleads. "What do you mean there's nothing left!?"

"If you wish to know that, you'll have to defeat me one on one." Trigun responds, taking stance with his halberd. "I'm sure grandfather rodent here has no qualms with a duel."

Sabre sat down in front of skye, listening to his every words, more and more shocked as the little fox went on....

-----------------------------

Spectre slowly backed away."I'll wait." he simply let out.

The two girls stood next to Locke as Skye continued talking.

"This is my fault. I pushed Dad too far. I just destroy everything for you and Skye," said Anna. She gave a yelp of pain as Melody slapped the back of his head.

"What have I told you. Don't ever say things like that. This isn't your fault."

Skye took a deep breath as he finished his story. "Yeah. It's been a helluva week,"

"You heard the man. Let's go."

Kali looks to Trigun, who showed no signs of an alternative. He slowly began to gather energy from the forest around him as he enhances to body into hard stone. Trigun responds by crystallizing his halberd and the two confront each other.

Parrying Triguns first swing, Kali moves in and unleashes a series of punches to try and connect, however Trigun simply liquefies his body and absorbs each blow. He then steps back and swings again at Kali's torso, however he grabs the Halberd with his hand. As Trigun tries to freeze over Kali's body, he grabs down on the Halberd and shatters it instantly.

"You've grown more powerful." Trigun says, reshaping his weapon.

"I've grown more awareness." Kali responds as his leg with more force and swings at Trigun. Trigun forms a shield to block, however must then duck down as Kalis leg cuts straight thought. He then makes a spear to imaple Kali with, but that also shattered upon contacting his body.

"You general power isn't enough to pierce my body, yet your fully crystallized form subjects you to physical harm." Kali says walking towards him. "Enough with the formalities. Show me your true strength."

Trigun looks to him and smirks. "As you wish." he says as the air around them grows cold and the unfrozen half of the lake begins to twist and turn. Triguns body slowly freezes over until he is completely covered in ice. He then crafts a double sided battle axe with what remained of his weapon.

"Show me the power you trust yourself with so dearly." He says, charging at Kali once more.

-----------------------------

Knuckles and the others wait patiently at Cocoa Island as they watch Angel Island slowly approach.

"What do you think it is your elder had to take care of?" Astraea asks.

"I'm not sure, however if it were anything serious, I would be able to sense his chaos energy. It's too quiet up there." Knuckles says staring at the island intensely.

"No , it isn't your fault indeed." Said Sabre."Locke cared so much about you three that he might have disregarded any form of sleep to watch you all..."He chuckled."Don't think it's unique. He did the same for knuckles..."

"Dad wasn't sleeping? No wonder he collapsed," said Skye, walking back over to Locke's side.

"You have no idea..."Said Sabre."I used to tell him everytime that he wasn't alone, that we could watch him as well. But he never listened...." sabre sighed."He just loves all his children the same way, and this, even if he had to put duty before everything.... I can sense that regrets that from time to time."

---------------------

Spectre stayed back, waiting for his time.

Trigun clashes with Kali again, this time causing him to stagger between each hit. Although Kali could maintain him from getting a direct hit, the scraps of the halberd were leaving ice marks over his body, slowly growing to freeze over once more. Soon enough, Trigun jumped back to point and laugh at him.

"You call this a fair fight!" he goes on. "You're going to end up just as you were back in the temple!"

Kali simply stares at him as the ice forms over his body. He then shatters his armor, revealing his regular self. Triguns laugh slowly dies down.

"If you can't pierce my body deep enough, you'll never be able to freeze me over again." Kali says as he draws in energy to reform a new layer of rock and steel. "Let's see what you have up your sleeve now."

He rushes at Trigun, pressuring him to counter every move. With each blow, Kali simply reassembled his body to remove of the ice effect and soon had Trigun on a completely defensive. Unable to accept this, Trigun switches weapons to form two daggers, now attack Kali from multiple spots at once. Finally he lands a blow on Kali arm, forcing him to detach his armor. He then follows through with the second dagger, at the cost of taking a fist to his face.

Trigun gets sent flying into the water, however it freezes over as he lands in it. He gets up to see Kali still standing firm, however his left arm had full contact with his weapon.

"Well well, it seems you can only move so fast in the heat of things." Trigun says, wiping away water like blood from his mouth. "How will you fight me now when your life is on a timer?"

Kali simply smirks at him and grabs his left arm, ripping it off recklessly and tossing it to the side. Trigun can only stare at him in shock to his action.

"I knew he cared deeply for us but..." Skye was unable to finish.

"When he wakes up, we're gonna put a stop to it. He's not gonna scare us like this again," said Melody. She looked around. "Where's Mom?" she asked.

Surely enough, Red came in."What happenned?" She asked, upset for Locke.

"I think you might want to sit down, Red. It's not good"

Anna went straight over to Red and clung onto her.

"Dad... Dad's been pushing himself to hard," Melody explained as she walked over to Red. "Stress... and he's not been sleeping...."

"You've grown insane." Trigun says, beginning to stand up.

"No, I've grown tired." Kali responds. "You forget our second ability is our power to heal ourselves at tremendous rates."

He raises his severed arm in the air as a green wind draws out from the forest around them. It goes into his arm slowly begins to rebuild one for him, comprised of vines, wood and flower heads. He then starts to walk towards Trigun once more.

"It may not be my full arm yet, but it's enough to finish you."

He charges at Trigun, who takes the opportunity to lunge at his legs. He stabs Kali in both of his thighs, however that doesn't stop his advancement. He slams his fists down on Triguns arms hard, shattering their ice and breaking both of them. As Trigun attempts to jump back and draw water to heal himself, Kali grabs him by the shirt and tosses him back on land near Spectre. Trigun tumbles as he attempts to get up with two broken arms as he looks to Spectre in despair.

"You must stop him before he goes out of control again!" he calls out, however he's cut short of his sentence as Kali comes leaping in and slamming him into the ground deeper. He then picks him up and tosses his head by the lakeside.

"If you wish to heal yourself, take in as much as you can while I kill you a thousand times over." he says, staring into the eyes of Trigun. he begins punching him relentlessly as every blow executes him, however the continue flow of water revives him once more. Each time, Kali's eyes and gem grow brighter as he slowly starts to lose control of himself.

Red looked at Mleody."I didn't know that..."She said." He was always there next to me everytime I slept...Could he have...."

"Enough."Said Spectre, In a tone strong enough for him not to have to raise his voice."He has had enough for now. You can stop ."

"If it's this difficult to explain all this to one person, how difficult will it be to tell the others the news." Dylan thought to himself. "And what if Knuckles shows up again, how are we going to explain this to him"