The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Yeah, but I'm the one IN the ritual," said Skye. "It's written phonetically, so it should be easy to pronounce."

--------------

"I guess," said Miles. "Now then, Mina and I had a bunker nearby here. The stash was hidden close by. This way I think."

"This way. Keep an eye out for an over-sized hollow tree stump. It's a signpost that we're nearby," said Miles

Miles paused and gulped. "Let's... let's hurry," he said, starting to jog. "Gah, I can't even run as fast as I used to," he muttered to himself.

--------------

"You want to try to make magic as simple as possible, given what's involved. The only reason it appears so complex is because practitioners want to keep it to a select few," said Skye.

"Well, I guess that explains why you don't usually see people doing magic as you walk down the street"

"Exactly. That, and for most people, the best they could do would be to make a few pretty lights," said Skye. "There we go. Circle's ready."

----------------

"There's the stump," called Miles happily. "The bunker entrance is hidden under a nearby boulder, but the stash is over this way." Miles began walking from the stump, counting his paces.

Zamy gave Miles a nod and looked around for any other people, but didn't notice any.

"Guess that means Zamy is better than most people even if she did have someone controlling her" Dylan thought to himself

"And what guarantee is there that I will be able to do more than make a few pretty lights?" he then said as he got into place

"I'm providing the power," said Skye. "You're acting as the focus. Okay Melody, lie down here," said Skye as he secured Melody to one of the dais. He turned to Dylan. "Can you strap me down on the other one," he asked.

-------------

"48... 49... 50!" Miles stamped his foot down, smiled, and started digging with his hand. "Got it. Here's the container." Miles started pulling the turf back.

"Okay. Lie down" Dylan said clearly nervous about the whole ordeal

Skye did as he was told. "Make sure they're tight. Don't want to hurt myself."

"Great work. You might want to check inside to see if it's still all in there."

Dylan gave Skye a look when he 'hurt myself' but still strapped him in as right as he could

"That okay?"

"Perfect. Thank's Dylan. And good luck!" said Skye.

---------------

"Don't worry, I will." said Miles. With the turf torn away Miles began opening the complex lock. "I think we're gonna get in and out with no interruptions," he smiled to himself.

"Yeah, I think we're gonna be just..." Zamy stopped when she turned around to see a small group approaching them, recognising the one in the middle as Alicia Acorn, who looked a combination of smug and irate. "Guess we spoke too soon."

"Go for it," said Skye, bracing himself.

------------

"Wh-what?" asked Miles, looking up. "Oh no... oh no..." he murmured. "Should we hide?"

"Okay" Dylan said before taking a deep breath and beginning to read the spell

"They've already seen us. It'd be no use," said Zany. Alicia's group got closer to them and moved to box them in.

"Look what we got here. Is that you Miles, you little pipsqueak?" she said, not seeing he was missing a tail due to the angle.

Skye started channeling power, running it around the circle and letting Dylan focus it. He shuddered slightly as his time de-synchronization was copied.

'Is this what it feels like. It's worse than I thought,' thought Skye to himself.

-----------

Miles gulped, then drew himself up.

"Hello Alicia. I didn't take you as someone who enjoyed a morning constitutional," he said in his old, arrogant manner.

Dylan continued the spell but also tried to keep a close eye on Melody and Skye for any changes

Skye shuddered again. Melody gave a gasp as she actually felt a shock.

'Should be almost done now,' thought Skye.