The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Hope Robotnik from Moebius. She'll be with us forever by all accounts. Until she's rehabilitated or we as an institution don't exist," said Zhadow.

"What? Where is they then? Maybe he has a secret place with his girlfriend. Last time i interrupted they're private time went badly" he then looked at Melody

"I'm sorry Melody. If Skye isn't in Haven I don't know where they are. So you might need to wait longer to see him"

Miles arms immediately grabbed his remaining tail and he hugged it tightly at the mention of Hope R. "That might be too much of a risk," he said quietly.

-------------

"I didn't think Skye and Tikal were ones for 'privacy'," muttered Anna. "We could call him on his radio. But if they don't like being interrupted like you said.... Though given this is his sister I'm sure he'd understand."

'Skye... has a.... girlfriend?'

Dylan sighed

"I guess your right. Plus he may want to hear what happened to his late father. Okay then" Dylan turned to Ziona

"Could I borrow your radio to contact Skye"

"Of course," said Ziona, as she unclipped her radio and handed it to Dylan. She slipped off the bed and started searching for painkillers, muttering 'I need a drink' to herself.

'Late father? But I thought.... It looked like Father was still alive," though Melody.

-----------

"If... if you say so," said Miles, sounding unconvinced. He held even tighter onto his tail, as if scare it would suddenly just vanish into the air if he let go.

Dylan turned on the radio

"Skye? Are you there?"

"She only escaped with your help before. Given you're the only prisoner whose even dared approach her in there, it's unlikely she'll get out. Her mail will, if her counterpaet wants it."

Skye jumped as the radio cracked.

"Oh great, can't we ever have some undisturbed peace and quiet?" he asked rhetorically. He was about to switch the radio off , then paused. "Maybe it s about Melody," he muttered, then switched the transmitter on.

"Yeah, I'm here. What's up?"

--------------

"You had to remind me about that," sighed Miles ashamed. "I-I suppose the fact she got re-arrest so quickly would help discoruage further escape attempts. Wait, she wants to write to her Prime Conterpart?"

"I'm not a believer in general deterrence. And yes. She seems to be fond of her, unsurprisingly."

"Sorry to bother you now. But... Well, this can't wait. Can you come over here now?"

"I... I could. What's this about? Is Melody okay?" asked Skye.

-----------

"It seems a little odd," said Miles, then he glanced at Miley. "I guess I'm just a little worried at Hope will make the association between me and her."

"She might do. And given her high opinion of herself, it's only natural she'd like to converse with her counterpart."

Dylan looked over at Melody

"If you mean who I think you mean, then i don't know"

"Wha... But..." Fear was being to rise in Skye's mind. "I'll be right there." He closed the connection.

"C'mon Tikal, we have to go," said Skye.

-----------

"I assumed she'd be too arrogant to fuller acknowledge her counterpart that much," said Miles. "But I'd rather not think about her any more." He walked back over to Zamy. "Zamy, uh, do you think I should apologise to Skye, for... the things adult me did to him? Now I've been on the receiving end..."

"Skye... Oh, he's gone. Well I think that got him moving"

It didn't take Skye long to reach Haven. he began running towards the infirmary.

------------

"It sounded a bit odd the way you told him," said Anna, turning back to Melody.

"Oh, boy, I didn't realise. If she is awake, evening seeing Skye would be a shock. She's from the timeline before I made that deal with Shadow."

'Confused now!'

It seemed that Glen was once again forgotten in ennemy territory. Left alone, there wasn't a lot he could actually do. Or maybe one thing......

-----------------------------------------------------

"You do realise I have been here all along, do you ? little porcupine might need his prescription glasses..."

"You'd think so but she's willing to make the exception," said Zhadow.

"I honestly don't know Miles, that's up to you. I don't know how Skye will react," replied Zamy.

(ooc: Glen isn't forgotten. The Zone Cops (except for Ziona), Miles, and the younger Red are all still there. Also, because Sabre followed Melody's shouting, he can't be in the infirmary at the sametime! :P )

"I think I'll just put it down to 'she's crazy'," said Miles to Zhadow, then he turned to Zamy. He was a little disappointed that she hadn't given a straight yes or no. "I... I'll see how things go if we meet again."

------------

"You just have a way of being sneaky," said Anna, as she turned to Melody. "If you can hear me, you need to brace yourself for a shock. Skye is coming, but he looks a little different than you'll remember. See, time got changed after you left and..."

"MELODY? Where is she?" cried Skye as he burst into the med bay, then looked around shocked. "What... happened...?"

"... he's a different colour now..." finished Anna.

"Oh dear, Yet another customer for me ... Let's just get back to work then..."

(ooc: Yes, Locke. I was following that Sabre was with Melody and since Melody wasn't in the infirmary, Sabre couldn't be either. Which is why he called on the intercom)

"Yes... well, we kinda had a run in with your late father Skye. Your sister, who you thought was dead was there too, and, well... here she is" Dylan said indicating Melody

"Ok then. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, but I have absolutely no idea how he'll react. Especially as that Melody just got taken back."

"Let me guess, that little &£$% Miles was faking his little 'I want to reform' act, broke out, and caused a lot of damage?" said Skye, crossing his arms. Then he paused and thought about it for a second.

"No, wait... you wouldn't have said 'Late Father' if that was the case..." He looked towards Melody. "But, she... why is she that colour?"

"She came back before time got changed around Skye. She must have had some kind of protection from paradoxes, like you have now," said Anna

"But if she's here, my Father... No, Dad promised he wouldn't come back. He can't have." Skye suddenly turned angrily toward Dylan. "You fought him! You killed him! And you didn't call me! You stole my Revenge! You..." With an effort he caught himself and tried to calm down.

"Why was he here?" he asked quietly.

------------

"I understand Zamy. I don't think he'll take the new well. Given how he reacted to me, how will he react to his actual father." Miles looked around, then gave a sigh. "I suppose, when we get back to Haven, I'll need to return to my cell?" he asked. Part of him was hopefully that he wouldn't, but the more realistic part knew that would never happen.

"He won't be seeing his father. To say it'd be a horrendous breach of protocol would be an understatement. Plus this isn't my arrest. And no, so long as you're under guard I can probably get away with not locking you up," said Zamy.