The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Perhaps you should ask my dear counterpart... she has the formula, and can develop it further," replied Hope R, causing Zamy to look down the hall at Hope casually chatting to Shadow and Rouge.

Ziona glanced between the two. Then walked over to Hope K.

"Sorry to interrupt," she said quietly so Hope R couldn't overhear, "but do you have any idea what that formula the other Hope gave to you does? Or could you work it out?"

Hope pulled out the piece of paper Hope R gave her earlier. "I should be able to work out what it does, but I have a gut feeling as well," she said.

"Then what does your gut say? Given everyone involved, I suspect it's on the right track."

"It's only a worst case scenario little girl."Said Sabre."But I do need to calm you down for a little while. Nothing will stop you from riding your wheelchair like a stuntwoman if you feel like it. Appart From locke maybe."

-------

Locke stayed silent, and simply waited.

--------

Glen was sitting down , so he could listen to the conversation . And hopefully get to Zionna. Her state was upsetting her.

Skye remained in his room on the bed, lost in his own thoughts.

-------------

"You can ride a wheelchair like that?" asked Melody with a hint of excitement.

"If anyone could, it'd be you Sis," laughed Anna. "And look, once you get back on your feet, are walking again and are ready to being running, I'll... uh.. I'll help you train, okay. And I'll do it properly this time."

Melody started to tear up happily and, pushing herself up, hugged her sister. "Thank's Anna. You've no idea what that means to me," she said.

"I think I might," Anna replied.

1 person likes this

"What can I do? I wanna say I sorry, but I can't stand to see any of them after what I've done. Not even Dad or Tikal. Maybe I should just lock myself away," said Skye quietly to himself.

-----------

The two girls continued to hold onto each other, but Anna looked towards Sabre.

"Sabre? Do you... Is there.... Information on teaching... people to walk...? I'd like... to help Melody from the start."

"You're probably right. I'm just worried there might be more beyond that," said Ziona.

"She is a researcher . It's nothing more than that." Saud Glen."Think about it. An eternity before her to discover the secrets of the universe ...."

---------

locke decided to take action. He knocked at the door ."Skye ?"

----------

"for now, she need to rest."Answered Sabre."Then if you want, we'll help her."

"Go way," murmured Skye, his voice shaking.

-----------

"Okay, I'll try and rest," said Melody. Anna nodded and got up to go, but Melody caught her hand.

"Anna, this... might sound a little silly but... well, as Mom can't do it, could you tell me a story? Otherwise I'll just go crazy lying here," asked Melody

"Of course I will, I'm your big sister after all," said Anna, causing melody to smile.

-------------

"I guess we should start charging rent on her cell then," said Ziona.

"Just keep that formula safe. You don't want word getting out about it," said Zamy to Hope before heading back to Hope R. "One question, those guards, I assume they were formerly in the employ of that nefarious organisation there. What will happen once the serum wears off?" she asked.

"If any survived your attack, they'll either drop into a coma or simply fall asleep then wake up with memory loss. 50/50 chance really," explained Hope R.

"I think Glen said people from their own side were on their way. They should be able to deal with the surviving guards," said Ziona.

"Skye... Please ?"

-------

"Oh but we might just do that."Said Glen.

-------

Sabre got back to work.

"Oh I was just curious. After hearing what they tried to do I have little sympathy for them to be honest," said Zamy.

"It would appear we share that sentiment Officer," Hope R smugly said to herself.

"Might do what Glen?" asked Hope K.

"I can't, not after what I've done," said Skye. He slid off the bed and scrambled underneath it.

-----------

"I'll go find a book to read, alright?" said Anna. Melody nodded, and lay back, breathing heavily. Even the effort of sitting up felt tiring now. See look to the other bed, wondering if Red was awake yet. Anna left the infirmary and started heading in the direction of the quarters.

-----------

Ziona also gave Glen a questioning look, wondering what he was meaning.

"there is a thing we learn back on our first day on the field, When they give us our squad and assignements: it's that a soldier got two families ,Hope. The one he'll live in, and the one he'll die in. Think about it. There is always something stronger than a bond tying several people together. " said glen."That's why I'm wondering , even now, if we shouldn't throw you in a cell, and destroy the key , little girl."

-----------

Locke went in,"Skye, it wasn't your fault... It was mine ."

-----------

Red was still unconscious, but she was stable..

"No Dad. You stopped me. It wasn't your fault," said Skye quietly from under the bed.

----------

"Wake up Mom, we're waiting for you," said Melody.

----------

"I thought Melody said something about a library," said Anna, wandering through Haven slightly lost.

---------

"I'm very temped to agree with you Glen," said Ziona

Hope R just scoffed at Glen's attempt to talk down to her, while Hope K studied the formula. "I should be able to refine this. Of course it is and will remain beyond top secret," she mumbled to herself before putting it back in her pocket.

"Shall I call base and get them to pick Robotnik and Miles up then Ziona?" asked Zamy.

"That's probably a good idea," said Ziona.

(ooc: Uh, Locke... Could you use that de-magic-y thingy on Miles before he gets picked up)

(Ooc: no can do skye. Red is not dead, but she isn't going to wake up before a little while. Why not taking the occasion to have anna talk to her? And once Red is awake, we'll see how to make it happen.)

"Sorry girl, I guess that's the end of the road ."He looked at hope K."You know, I'd be tempted to destroy that vial and be done with it. Nothing good can come out of this. Worse, some GUN nuts would probably try to weaponize it. No offense."

------------

"I should have been able to prevent the whole thing from happenning Skye . I swore to protect you as if you were my own..."

(ooc: Have Anna talk to who?)

"You didn't know the lengths I'd go to. You didn't know I'd use my Syphon Station. You didn't know I'd... attack... M-mom and M-melody..." said Skye.

"Well at least these 'GUN nuts' can tell the difference between a vial and a piece of paper," interjected Hope R.

"No can do. We've been looking for something like this for ages. Besides, it's Shadow and Crowley's decision. It was their blood after all," replied Hope.

"You injected yourself with a vial. Someone can always try and anqlyse what is left of it. As for the paper.... If the GUN is as messed up as it was in my zone.... Shadow will be in danger Hope. Especially with someone like hugo brass around...." Said glen.

_________

"You were under stress skye. Everything ... Wasn't under your control..."

(Miles. Anna.)