The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

(ooc: I haven't had trouble with it glitching on me yet! Fingers crossed it stays that way.)

'I guess we'll find out,' thought Melody. 'But you're meant to be the idea girl!'.

"Happy to be home... Sis?" Skye asked Anna. She turned to him smiling broadly.

"You have no idea."

"I can't really come up with ideas about your family photos. That's not my area of research oddly enough. I've never even had one in recent memory, given my parents are gone."

Melody's face fell. 'I'm sorry Hope. I didn't mean...'

"It's fine, you did nothing wrong. I needed to let you know sooner or later, but I really should've picked a better time. Now smile for the camera, this is a happy occasion. We can discuss my personal life later."

'Sure thing. Just makes sure Dad doesn't find out though. Otherwise he'll certainly try an bring you into our family too!' joked Melody.

"Oh don't worry I'll never let that happen. I'd sooner let Eggman adopt me," thought Hope, laughing in her head.

Melody had to struggle not to laugh. 'Should I feel insulted that you'd go that far rather than have me as a sister?' she teased.

"I'm more objecting to the parents if anything. I'm human after all. A human with a job in a far away place. I have a different way of doing things to them."

Locke and older red came for the picture .

----------

"The next Book? Well...."Started Spectre."To the north I'd say."

"Nothing like a fresh cappuccino to get you going." said Dr.Finitevus

Machine blows up.

"Rats, I was looking forward to that cappuccino." said Finitevus

'I know. I remember that argument you had with Dad," thought Melody.

"Okay Dylan, whenever you're ready," said Skye as everyone was in the picture.

"Right. 3...2...1..."

Dylan took a couple of pictures

"And done. Nice one"

"Exactly. That would not be a pleasant scenario for day to day life. And Shadow would have none of it either given Locke's not exactly high up on the list of people he trusts, seeing as he abducted him a while back."

"Thanks Dylan," said Skye.

'He did? I've gotta hear that story sometime!' thought Melody.

Anna picked up a knife and turned to the cake. "Seems almost a shame to cut it," she said.

Kayl smiled at Glen's statement, "you're not a bu-" when she saw him coming, "yeah, Glen is right... nothing much, just found his gold bangle." She said as she tried her best to stop flinches.

"There's not much to tell. Locke abducted Shadow and inadvertantly myself. Apparently he wanted to use him to find his family somehow. I stopped Shadow from killing him after he broke free, but the way he talked to Shadow... I don't know what he was planning but it seemed clear he didn't care what happened to him, as if he was nothing but a tool that Locke felt he had the right to use no matter the damage caused. I'm just glad I stopped anything from happening to either of them," thought Hope.

"Well, I take this occasion to hope for better days for all of us."Said Locke.

"Here, here," called out Skye. "And a few quieter one's too! And don't worry about cutting the cake Anna. We've got the moment on camera." Anna gave a little smile in response.

"So who want's cake then?" she asked.

An image popped up in Melody's mind of Hope, a tazer in each hand, zapping Shadow and Locke until they surrendered.

Hope was trying not to laugh. "No not like that!" she thought.

"Sure I'll have some," said Rouge, her eyes looking to Shadow in preparation for a snarky comment that never came.

"Well."Said Locke as he took Anna's hand ."Let's cut that cake together, like a real family ." He smiled warmly.

Melody was struggling not to laugh either 'Oh, was it bare handed then?' she thought.

"Yeah. Thank's Daddy," replied Anna, starting to cut several very neat slices.

"No. Shadow stormed out when he realised I wasn't Maria, I just look like her.

Locke was accompagniying Anna's move . "Good , good ." He said Happily "I wish knuckles was here with us... But he just keeps on disapearring ..."

'Hmm, yeah you kinda do. At least, if the Maria from this worlds looked the same as the ghost in Dylan's world,' thought Melody.

As Anna cut the cake, her doubts about staying in this other world disappeared. For the first time since the revelation of who Skye and melody were, she felt sure of herself.