The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Hi Shadow," Melody replied, sounding cheerful, "I thought you already explained what happened when you told your story. You didn't know what effect it was going to have on me or Skye."

Melody paused for a moment thinking, then took one of Shadow's arms and held it side by side to her own.

"Hmm, I think I might be a slightly lighter shade."

"Hehe. I think so. I was honestly expecting the cold shoulder. After all, I did alter your past while using your mother to assassinate a madman. Most people would be pretty upset. I know I'd be. I've had people tell me all sorts of lies about my past, so I can relate. Once someone even tried to convince me the real Shadow was dead and I'm a robot.... anyway, I'm truly sorry for what I did. If I'ď have just been faster none of this would've happened. Gambling with my own life is one thing. I do it every day. But gambling with yours was a step too far."

"Tried to convince you that you were just a robot? That does sound mean. I suppose I should be more upset. But, well, I'd already come to terms that my past and memories may be mixed up. I came out of Skye's head after all. I don't know if I was somehow stored in there, or whether I'm just a copy made from Skye's memories. And either way mine could be messed up. And Mother is a skilled assassin, so choosing her for a job like that does make sense. Maybe you thought she'd be less, well, evil after meeting me? Besides, you already saved Skye, and by extension me, when you were in Skye's head, so you're still coming out positive."

Dr.Finitevus and Dimitri stare at each other.

Dimitri starts to speak.

"I know you are reformed and GUN ask you to find away to contain the chaos energy heading for Mobius."

Dr.Finitevus replies back.

"It has been my life to study the chaos force,even when I was a megalomaniac."

"Please Skye , If you have to say something.... Do it."

"I see what you mean. That must be why you're more accepting of it than Skye. It is possible my experience of you made me less wary of Mina. She was surprisingly pleasant, but I guess that's how she gets you. And I suppose you're right. It seems like an age since I was in his head, yet it hasn't been a month. Things really did develop rapidly after that. I guess I shouldn't sell myself short."

(ooc: Actually, I think it's been less than a week since the Skye's head adventure!)

"I-I... When you f-first took me in... I... I didn't t-trust you. I didn't think y-you were b-being honest, t-that you had s-some sinister plan in m-mind. Or if I was w-wrong, I was still g-gonna.... I was..... It wasn't u-until I hit my h-head and f-forgot e-everything that I was a-able to truly t-trust you. Until then I p-planned t-too..." Skye was unable to finish the sentence and just hugged Locke tightly. "I'm s-so sorry I doubted y-you Dad and that I-I was gonna betray your t-trust." Skye began sobbing again, repeating 'I'm sorry' over and over.

--------------------------

"There we go. It good to see you... well, not happy, but... normal? I hope Skye will also forgive but I don't know. I think he will, he does like you, and there's that 'Uncle Shadow' thing he..."

Melody's eyes went wide for a second, then she doubled up with laughter.

Dr. Finitevus walks away from Dimitri.

"I must complete my project." says Dr.Finitevus

Crabmeat rushes to Dr.Finitevus.

"Doctor,the chaos energy is heading towards Mobius faster than you calculated!"

Dr.Finitevus. turns towards Dimitri.

"I could use a hand with the Chaos Siphon Suit Mark II."

Dimitri looks at Dr.Finitevus and grins.

"I never been one to turn down a science project."

"It's ok Skye , It's ok...." Locke took Skye more closer."Don't worry about it too much. I'm here to help... everyone here is there to help you from now on.... have no fear so. Your new family is here." tears were starting to fall from Locke's eyes, As Red joined in .

--------------------

As for Glen , he was once again back in the main balcony , Looking at the landscape , Thinking .... So many changes , and the ones instigating them were not only his old councilor, but also an alternate of the infamous "Fallen Guardian".... That was strange.

"Y-you... You d-don't mind? I-I thought y-you'd be heartbroken i-if you t-though I h-had just been pretending w-when you first t-took me in. I j-just couldn't take the g-guilt then w-when Glen y-yelled at me a-about being s-selfish after a-all y-you've done..."

--------------------------

"You might have to!" Melody gasped for air. " 'cause in some ways it's true now. If Me and Skye got our colours from you, in a way that does make you our Uncle!"

Shadow looked somewhat horrified. "You're right, unfortunately. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to call me uncle though. I'm sure there's something in it for you if you don't. Sweets, perhaps."

"But you didn't carry on that plan Skye, You didn't. You see? I was right about you .And don't worry, I'll never be heartbroken about you. In fact , you might have gave back as much As I gave you. Red And your sister are there as a proof ."

------------

"So many change all of a sudden , Tell me mom, What now? What am I going to do? If you really watching me from up there , I really could use some advice right now...." Said Glen , Still on the main balcony.

"I-I guess s-so. It w-was lucky t-that I did b-bump my h-head then. Thank's Dad, f-for everything."

------------------------

"Oh, I think we can say I've been successfully bribed Shadow. Skye might be a tougher proposition though!"

"Don't worry. I'm happy to see you smiling again ." Said Locke.

----------------

"Oh Rouge , what are you doing here ? The night is nice, don't you think?" Said Glen.

Rouge jumped up. "Oh. It's just you. Yes. The night is nice. I'm just waiting for Shadow to finish talking to Melody and Skye. What are you doing on the balcony?"

"What am I doing ? Merely thinking , and asking advice to some ghost of the past . Unfortunaly , they aren't really answering anything right now ." Said Glen.

"What a shame .... Still next time we meet , I'd appreciate your knee not meeting with my groin ever again.Thank you." Said Glen

"As long as you keep that part of your body in check, I should be able to keep my part of the bargain... Anyways, What's with shadow ? anything official yet ? because you two are way closer than it seems, even for a playful girl like you." Said Glen.

"Hehe I guess you could say so. It's not exactly a secret. We've been like this for a while. We even live together after all."

"And here I though I would have a chance with this cute little bat .... Well, On the bright side of things , you found someone unique , That's a chance like none other that you got . " Said Glen." As for me , I never got to be that lucky , And now... Even less." ....

"I'm sure you'll find someone. There are plenty of fish in the sea, as they say. A guy like you shouldn't have too much trouble."