The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Mina gave a nod, ducked out of sight and vanished in the boulder field.

"I've got my buddies on the line. If you want backup for this distraction, they're standing by. Just remember, they'rte also our ticket out if things go south."

(ooc: Does that mean well have Mina as a recurring villain trying to hunt down Shadow and force him to live up to the deal? :P )

"Ok I'll keep that in mind. Keep your head done, things are gonna get messy." Shadow threw chaos spears at the search lights as Omega fired his rockets at the turrets before opening up on the robots, destroying several in a hail of bullets. (OOC That's an interesting possibility. I'm assuming she was planning to use a Siphon built by Miles? If that is the case I have an escape plan).

Zet ducked down and quickly unpacked and built a folded up sniper rifle. He took up a covered firing position, and started sniping the advancing robots.

Mina waited until most of the robots were engaged, then sprinted at full speed to the other side of the fortress.

(ooc: Actually the Syphon was built.... erm, will be built... by Skye. Miles is more of a magic user, so I was thinking some sorta magical ritual to copy the powers over. Essentially, same thing but with magic instead of tech. While pondering this at who scenario at work, I did have an idea but not sure about it. If Shadow did go along with the copy powers (or was forced) and if there was some physical alteration when the copy happened, that could solve the 'Melody and Skye look like Mina and Tails' problem.)

"She's in. Let's hope she can get it done." Shadow then threw several chaos spears at the robots. "This is too easy. He must be saving the big guns for later." (OOC OK I get you. And how would the altercation change Skye and Melody's appearence?)

"There's only three of us so maybe he doesn't consider us a threat. Or maybe he's already guessed we're a decoy."

-----------------

Once inside Mina pulled on a pair of goggles with various vision modes and a gas mask.

"Let's see. They always expect intruders to use the vents, so lets not disappoint " She opened a vent, pulled out a glowing clockwork mouse from a pocket, and let it go into the vent.

"There. If anyone's scanning the vents, they'll think that's me."

(ooc; Well, if the power copy also included a colour change somehow (just brainstorming here) then that change might get passed to her kids, who as they have no time-re-write protection, would be changed in the present.)

"Perhaps you're right. Time to amp it up. Omega, take out that fueling station." Omega launched a rocket at the station, blowing it to pieces. "Isn't it beautiful?" he said. "That fueling station definitely means Nega has something big here. Something with an engine. Automated tank perhaps?" asked Shadow. (OOC That makes sense to me).

"This is Nega we're talking about. Automated Tank would be too small for him."

----------------------

Mina sneaked though the corridors, only to find her way blocked by a squad of robots.

'There might not be many robots back home,' Mina thought, as her blade began glowing slightly, 'but I can still turn these into scrap metal.' She rushed through the group. For a few seconds the robots stood motionless, then began to slide apart into several small slices.

(ooc: Like I said, I'm not sure about going for it or not.)

"Yeah well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." (OOC Ok. I can come up with a way out if you decide against the power copying being successful).

"Either that or maybe we will get lucky, and his plots have taken a greater hit than we thought with this war."

------------------------

"Ok. This is definitely a trap." Mina stood outside a large set of doors, which if the layout match the exterior dimensions would be around the centre of the base. "There's 'too easy' and 'too easy'. This little trick of yours better work Miles."

Mina pulled out a small amulet, then crushed it. The crushed remains flowed from her hand, forming an excat copy of her. The copy then entered the room.

(occ: Well, it would make future Mina a more potent threat with the whole 'return Skye' plot. Hmm, what do you think? Also, as your running Nega it's up to you what Mina runs into I think.)

As soon as the copy entered the room, which was a large circle, a loud whirring could be heard and the doors locked shut behind her. A grid of lasers appeared at the top of the room and swept downwards, electrocuting the copy as soon as they contacted her when she failed to jump out of the way in time. The doors then opened and an electronic voice announced 'Purging of elevator complete.' (OOC It would make Mina a force to be reckoned with. On the other hand, Shadow denying her his powers and thus not paying her would add fuel to the fire when she discovers he's helped keep Skye away from her)..

'Thank goodness for the gasmask,' thought Mina, 'or I'd never get the smell of burning me out of my nose. Elevator hmm? Up or Down? Given the ego we're facing, I'm guessing up. Better make this quick. Now, given the lasers firing pattern...'

Melody charged full speed into the elevator, moving where she'd noted gaps in the laser's firing pattering, heading along the walls and aiming to cut a hole in the elevator roof an head up the shaft.

Inside the fortress walls, a loud thumping could be heard. "I guess we aren't so lucky after all " said Shadow. On the top floor, a pitch black room full of scuttling spider like robots awaited Mina.

"Is that for us or our intrepid assassin?" Zet pondered.

---------------------------

With her goggle's Mina could see the swarm of robots clearly. "I don't like robots. I HATE spiders. So combining both just P*ssES ME OFF!" With a cry she leapt acrobatically through the swarm, blade swinging dangerously.

After the spider room Mina came to what appeared to be a training area. The course consisted of several hallways and stairwells, behind various walls and cover were targets that popped up. However, some of these targets shot back. A large door blocked entrance to the course, with a red button next to it.

A huge robot crashed through the front gate. "Does that answer your question? I should've brought the Javelin. No matter, we can take it." Shadow threw a chaos spear at it, but it was blocked by some kind of forcefield. "Ok maybe we can't take it."

"See if concentrating our fire can crack the field. I'm sure Omega can do some serious damage if it's all fired on the same spot."

-----------------------------

"Oh, a big red shiny button. So are you the on switch or booby-trapped?" Rather than hit the switch, Mina tried to cut open the door with her knife, or if that failed, look for some way to bypass the room quickly. If nether plan worked, then something would be thrown to press the button.

"Good thinking. Omega, fire everything you've got at where I throw my spear." "Affirmative." Shadow threw his spear at the head and continued to do so while Omega lay down a localised barrage, the forcefield began to gradually change colour from blue to yellow. It was then the robot registered them as a threat and began to charge up its laser. Inside, Mina's knife cut through the door lock, but a loud klaxon still sounded and the first targets popped up.

"Aww Heck!" Zet pulled out his radio. "Zave, you there? We might need some back up pretty soon. Nega's got some new toys."

--------------------------

"Aww, backup systems? Way to spoil my sneaky approach. Oh well, I could use the practice. Hey, hope you've got a timer and leader-board set up for this!" Mina grinned, then shot into the course.

"Move!" Shadow shoved Zet and Omega out of the war just as the laser struck their position. "What sort of backup do you have in mind?" As Mina proceeded through the course, a voice appeared on the PA. "How very impressive. Someone with your talents could be very useful. Oh, and if you make it through alive, don't forget to write your name on the scoresheet before moving on."

"Nega's not the only one working on experimental weapons. We've got some of ours out on a 'test run'." Zet grinned.

------------------------------

"Heh. Thank you. I aim to please." Mina grinned and was almost dancing though the course.

"Well Melody, You should Learn to eat Slowly From now on. Nothhing is really at stake right now, so take it easy." Said Locke.

------------------------------------------------------

"Yo Crowley, I don't know why, But I have this incredibly sinking feeling that whatever Shadow Has been gone doing, Might bring even more troubles toward us......" Said Glen.

"Yes that sounds about right. I have a rather strange feeling, but I don't know why."

"Your right Daddy. I'm sure everything is fine. Wait, where am I?" Melody looked around confused.

-------------------------------------

Zet smiled. "Ok Zave, send in the cavalry!"

------------------------------

Mina reached the end of the course. "All right, how did I do!" She looked at the leader board, but didn't write her name down.

(ooc: I came to think about something.... To what extend would Ghost melody be Affected? As she came out from Skye's Head.....Orr no, maybe it would just work anyway.)

"Yup, not much for me.... I think I heard him talking about Moebius, or something involving a moongoose. That kills people. For a paycheck." Said Glen.

------------------------------------------

"In the ice cream store, next to us. Don't you remember ?" SAid Locke.

The doors at the end swung open, with Eggman Nega calmly sitting on a chair looking at a large screen showing the outside of the fortress. "Why don't you come in? You can watch your friends' demise. Oh and don't bother trying anything funny. It wouldn't end well for you at all."