Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (2022 Movie)

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yes, there will be a sequel. This was confirmed by Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy on may 28, 2020. The same team will work on the film, with Jeff Fowler directing, Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script. The film is currently under development, so a decision regarding casting or the start date of production has not yet been made.

Here is a source.

Josh Miller also shared ideas for a sequel:

"I'm just hinting that we want to bring in some other characters from the games. But really it's all about loving Knuckles."

He stated that he would like to have Jaleel White, the voice actor for Sonic in a/s "Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic SatAM", star in the film:

"I hope this isn't a spoiler for those waiting for the movie, but I really want to bring in Jaleel White somehow...".

Later Ben Schwartz (voice of Sonic) announced that the film should be released on April 8, 2022 in his Twitter account:

Edited by BonnitoPlay
2 people like this

Posted

Okay, Knuckles deserves all the love, but I hope that, if the character is introduced in the sequel, he comes with all the echidna lore and Chaos Emeralds stuff. 

Still... shouldn't Tails be the priority? 

And how do they plan to introduce Jaleel White? As a cameo?

Posted

Okay, Knuckles deserves all the love, but I hope that, if the character is introduced in the sequel, he comes with all the echidna lore and Chaos Emeralds stuff. 

And how do they plan to introduce Jaleel White? As a cameo?

They've already set up the echidna lore coming at the start of the first movie, so I think that it will definitely be explored in the second chapter of the story.

Posted

I remember in the first episode of "Hey Fandom!" screenwriter Pat Casey said that Tails is an analog of Nick fury from Marvel. I am sure that Tails will play a significant role in the sequel.