NegaMetallix

Sonic & Mega Man: WORLDS UNITE?!

500 posts in this topic

But we didn't even know straight away they were going to show up. It was shown they would appear later in Worpds Unite. I mean... the covers up to now. Any sign of other characters? I don't remember seeing any. And its not like their going to do "here's a character who'll show up. Now wait X number of issues before he shows up on the cover"

And waiting last moment or not, its still crowded having them show up at all. The off panel from before hit the nail on the head saying it was crowded now

But I do think you're right in that it'll just be supporting roles. I don't think Archies going to expect everyone to know every character in there (I certainly wouldn't) and the main two comics are STILL Sonic and Megaman worlds

I was going to say something else I expect from it but I forgot what it was while typing :P its too early for thinking

Pretty good issue I suppose. It's nice to see all of the mavericks, including the Gameboy X-treme games exclusive reploids. Those were great too, and the ones from the second game actually tricked me into believing Sigma wasn't the main villain for once.

I only noted that Magma Dragoon isn't on the final 2 pages where all the mavericks are shown. Probably it was because they didn't have any room, but he was one of the most important Mavericks in like.. ever. So it would be cool if he got a bigger role than the other mavericks. Not betting on it, but I'm curious.

So, if at the end of Act 1 we got the Mega Man Battles book and at the end of Act 2 we're getting the Sonic Battles book, do you guys think we'll get something after Act 3?

Nope, the two Battle Books are the only extra content we'll be getting for this crossover. Once the Sonic Battle Book's out, it's just Act 3 that'll be left until it's over.

And here I thought we would see who the mysterious figure who is talking to Sticks is... Guess not. I do hope they'll introduce the other characters here FAST. We're half way through this and I haven't seen almost anyone from the earlier pics... *sigh* and I do hope they use Amaterasu's powers right and don't make her look stupid...

I really hope we see more characters from other worlds by next chapter or this may not mesh well at all.

I loved the issue but why does Sigma's transformation resemble Zavok!?

You know what I ask myself the same question

You know what I ask myself the same question

Oh good. I wasn't the only one :P

Eh... maybe because Zavok is under his control and its another "I am your masyer" thing? Or its the artists stuck for ideas

Man, I am long overdue on these summaries/reviews. Let's start with Part 7, in Sonic The Hedgehog #274:

We open with Sonic and the other organics being attacked by the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters, under the Deadly Six's control. Sonic tries to persuade them to fight the control, but to no avail. Axl gets worried, wondering if this is what it feels like to be a Maverick, but Zero tells him otherwise, and to try and pull their punches. Sonic tells the others to stop the D6 before getting Time-Stopped by Flash Man, who finishes telling Sonic's plan to the Freedom Fighters. Flash Man is then tossed towards the other robots by Big (but not without an apology first). Snake Man then attacks Rotor, but doesn't seem upset by it. Sally then decides to join the fight herself, but refuses to let Cream and Roll join her. (Roll for obvious reasons, but Cream... this is becoming something of a recurrence now.) She tells NICOLE to alert the doctors that they need their help immediately.

Back outside, Bunnie is having difficulty controlling her robotic limbs, and tries to stay out of the fight. Sally is then attacked by Gemerl, who's also being controlled, but he's soon held back by Knuckles, who just finished a fight with Break Man (in the Sonic Battle Book). Sally tells the Freedom Fighters to get below deck, but the D6 realise this and take over the Sky Patrol's weapons, negating that plan. Sally then tells NICOLE to cut the power on the weapon defences and calls everyone to head for the center of the dome. Zazz then wants to take control of the Sky Patrol itself and ram it into the ground (or further) but Zavok refuses, citing that they don't have the strength to control the whole ship. Zavok tells the others to finish their fight with the Freedom Fighters before something unexpected can happen.

Meanwhile, in the Street Fighter world, Sticks is being interrogated by Chun-Li at Interpol. She goes on a random tangent about pasta conspiracies, before Chun-Li interrupts and gets her back on-topic about Sigma. Sticks tells her all about Sigma's plan to use the Genesis Portals, and that her world could be attacked too. After a small jab at 'Sonic X', Sticks asks Chun-Li if she'd like to join the fight, to which she surprisingly agrees, but first has to make a few calls. Back on the Sky Patrol, Sonic and Sally note that fighting the Robot Masters and Reploids is nothing like taking on Badniks, and the Freedom Fighters prepare to clear a path for Sonic to attack the D6. However, Sally is hit by a shot from Mega Man and X, and the robots try to make them move before they can shoot them with Charged Shots.

Thankfully, Drs. Eggman and Wily enter with their new weapon (the Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon) and fire at the robots. The blast also manages to hit the Deadly Six, destroying their armour and freeing them from Sigma's control. The weapon overheats due to its rushed development, and Sonic gets angry at Eggman, believing that they killed the robots. Wily quickly points out that it only disabled them, and they still need all the help they can get to stop Sigma. As Zavok begins to get up, he's cornered by the Freedom Fighters. Sally tells him to walk towards the brig, but Zavok refuses... before passing out. Cream and Roll enter with medical support for each hero, with the doctors getting no recognition for saving them. Sally asks for a damage report, to which NICOLE notes that they'll have 40% offensive power once the weapons are back online, and that the energy field is still active.

Sally tells everyone to get below decks and to the repair/medical bays. Zero disagrees, saying that they don't have time to rest. X is on Sally's side, pointing out that trying to fight Sigma now would be suicide. Mega Man also doesn't want to fight immediately (after past experiences) but Sonic agrees with Zero, and thinks that Sticks would also agree. This is when they all realise that Sticks has disappeared, with Sally asking Cream to help Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver find Sticks. However, the heroes soon hear something rumbling from the Lost Hex. Inside the hidden base, Sigma-1 enters a new, giant body resembling Zavok, becoming Sigma-2. He then merges with the Lost Hex, laughing maniacally as the heroes must fight a new army: every single Maverick from 'Mega Man X1-X8' (and then some)!

This was an okay issue, but the art once again holds it back. The fight between heroes was alright, but not too interesting, and the Deadly Six really didn't seem to do anything worthwhile in this issue. In fact, I'd probably say that they didn't really do much at all in this entire crossover so far. And with them now locked up and unconscious, it doesn't seem like that's gonna change. The fact that Sigma's new body actually has to RESEMBLE a Sonic villain kinda speaks for itself on how one-sided the villains line-up is in favour of Sigma. Overall, I think this cemented my opinion that Worlds Unite just isn't as fun or interesting as Worlds Collide was.

While I'm here, I'll also give my thoughts on the Sonic Battle Book. I felt that this was much more enjoyable to read compared to the Mega Man book, with the 'Knuckles vs. Break Man' fight being my favourite story overall. The 'Sonic vs. Deadly 3' fight was interesting, since I didn't expect it to take place outside of the Green Hill Zone. The 'Sticks vs. Roll' fight was probably my least favourite, since the joke was so obvious even without the previous mentions in the main event (i.e. "Spy-brooms"). But it wasn't exactly terrible, either. Again, 'Knux vs. Blues' was easily my favourite, mainly thanks to the art and dialogue between these red rivals. Overall, I think it's worth reading. It certainly kept me interested in this crossover long enough for Act 3 to come out. Anyway, I'll post my next set of summaries/reviews soon.

WARNING: Some spoilers more or less might be coming!

Sooo... Just read part 9 of this... 12 part crossover?! Seriously it's over half way done and we STILL don't have all the players ready for the big game!! (game of beating Sigma and the evil guys etc. Everyone knows how that'll end. At least.. Usually? And what is up with Reala?? Since when did he had muscles?! And Nights seems pretty interesting... Maybe even potential craziness there! And I finally got to see my Ookami!!!! YES! They could've used more time in introducing the different worlds and such which would've been interesting but seeing this is the freaking part 9 already!!!! (excuse me.) I can guess they were in a bit of hurry.

There's still the awesome final fight coming soon and some need to perform the Chaos Control (familiar isn't it?) But all in all I just want to see what these new guys can do. Though maybe they beat Sigma's "Warriors of Doom" a bit TOO easily (especially Alex Kidd) but eh.. Ookami I understand she's a Goddess in a form of a wolf and Vyse is.. Vyse. But what I really wish is that next time when they do a Crossover like this... They would use some more time in actually introducing different worlds, maybe some a bit longer fights or something... They should've just made the fight between Mega Man and Sonic and pals (and the Deadly Six in there somewhere..) a bit more short.

Maybe then we would've seen some actual background information from the other guys and is it only me.. Or did this issue made it seem like all the people got into this a bit TOO quickly? Like they see talking animals, they talk about Sigma and his evil doing.. But there was absolutely no questioning any of the information! Not one bit (Reala's denial not included) But then again... We need to move on fast etc. Still seemed a bit... unreal to me even with the comic's standards. But I did like this issue still. It was interesting but just a bit "unreal"

Half Life 3 is confirmed when I see Proto Mans eyes:

ZiB2Pwa.png

I really enjoyed this Battle Comic with the fight of Roll & Sticks and Break Man & Knuckles. Escpecially the last since these two guys are my favourite characters of all time. The Zeti and Sonic Battle wasn't kinda "special" because it was the old Sonic Vs. Evil style.

For the last chapter of WU...I don't know. I haven't played so much Sonic-games. I only know the Capcom Street Fighters here and uhm...that's it. I am really exited about Monster Hunter so this chapter was not boring but it was just "a chapter" because I don't know these guys and so this reunion of Crossovers didn't had an effect for me. I agree on Shinomi that these battles they had in the different words - They were too easy and unread with this speeded up meeting of all heroes.

1 person likes this

I saw Aika from Skies of Arcadia and had to do a double take. She looked like Sticks with her boomerang and hair style. Does anyone else see it?

1 person likes this

I saw Aika from Skies of Arcadia and had to do a double take. She looked like Sticks with her boomerang and hair style. Does anyone else see it?

True she did look like Sticks. Maybe they're related o_o 

Man, I am long overdue on these summaries/reviews. Let's start with Part 7, in Sonic The Hedgehog #274:

We open with Sonic and the other organics being attacked by the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters, under the Deadly Six's control. Sonic tries to persuade them to fight the control, but to no avail. Axl gets worried, wondering if this is what it feels like to be a Maverick, but Zero tells him otherwise, and to try and pull their punches. Sonic tells the others to stop the D6 before getting Time-Stopped by Flash Man, who finishes telling Sonic's plan to the Freedom Fighters. Flash Man is then tossed towards the other robots by Big (but not without an apology first). Snake Man then attacks Rotor, but doesn't seem upset by it. Sally then decides to join the fight herself, but refuses to let Cream and Roll join her. (Roll for obvious reasons, but Cream... this is becoming something of a recurrence now.) She tells NICOLE to alert the doctors that they need their help immediately.

Back outside, Bunnie is having difficulty controlling her robotic limbs, and tries to stay out of the fight. Sally is then attacked by Gemerl, who's also being controlled, but he's soon held back by Knuckles, who just finished a fight with Break Man (in the Sonic Battle Book). Sally tells the Freedom Fighters to get below deck, but the D6 realise this and take over the Sky Patrol's weapons, negating that plan. Sally then tells NICOLE to cut the power on the weapon defences and calls everyone to head for the center of the dome. Zazz then wants to take control of the Sky Patrol itself and ram it into the ground (or further) but Zavok refuses, citing that they don't have the strength to control the whole ship. Zavok tells the others to finish their fight with the Freedom Fighters before something unexpected can happen.

Meanwhile, in the Street Fighter world, Sticks is being interrogated by Chun-Li at Interpol. She goes on a random tangent about pasta conspiracies, before Chun-Li interrupts and gets her back on-topic about Sigma. Sticks tells her all about Sigma's plan to use the Genesis Portals, and that her world could be attacked too. After a small jab at 'Sonic X', Sticks asks Chun-Li if she'd like to join the fight, to which she surprisingly agrees, but first has to make a few calls. Back on the Sky Patrol, Sonic and Sally note that fighting the Robot Masters and Reploids is nothing like taking on Badniks, and the Freedom Fighters prepare to clear a path for Sonic to attack the D6. However, Sally is hit by a shot from Mega Man and X, and the robots try to make them move before they can shoot them with Charged Shots.

Thankfully, Drs. Eggman and Wily enter with their new weapon (the Egg-Wily Uppity Robot Scrambler Cannon) and fire at the robots. The blast also manages to hit the Deadly Six, destroying their armour and freeing them from Sigma's control. The weapon overheats due to its rushed development, and Sonic gets angry at Eggman, believing that they killed the robots. Wily quickly points out that it only disabled them, and they still need all the help they can get to stop Sigma. As Zavok begins to get up, he's cornered by the Freedom Fighters. Sally tells him to walk towards the brig, but Zavok refuses... before passing out. Cream and Roll enter with medical support for each hero, with the doctors getting no recognition for saving them. Sally asks for a damage report, to which NICOLE notes that they'll have 40% offensive power once the weapons are back online, and that the energy field is still active.

Sally tells everyone to get below decks and to the repair/medical bays. Zero disagrees, saying that they don't have time to rest. X is on Sally's side, pointing out that trying to fight Sigma now would be suicide. Mega Man also doesn't want to fight immediately (after past experiences) but Sonic agrees with Zero, and thinks that Sticks would also agree. This is when they all realise that Sticks has disappeared, with Sally asking Cream to help Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver find Sticks. However, the heroes soon hear something rumbling from the Lost Hex. Inside the hidden base, Sigma-1 enters a new, giant body resembling Zavok, becoming Sigma-2. He then merges with the Lost Hex, laughing maniacally as the heroes must fight a new army: every single Maverick from 'Mega Man X1-X8' (and then some)!

This was an okay issue, but the art once again holds it back. The fight between heroes was alright, but not too interesting, and the Deadly Six really didn't seem to do anything worthwhile in this issue. In fact, I'd probably say that they didn't really do much at all in this entire crossover so far. And with them now locked up and unconscious, it doesn't seem like that's gonna change. The fact that Sigma's new body actually has to RESEMBLE a Sonic villain kinda speaks for itself on how one-sided the villains line-up is in favour of Sigma. Overall, I think this cemented my opinion that Worlds Unite just isn't as fun or interesting as Worlds Collide was.

While I'm here, I'll also give my thoughts on the Sonic Battle Book. I felt that this was much more enjoyable to read compared to the Mega Man book, with the 'Knuckles vs. Break Man' fight being my favourite story overall. The 'Sonic vs. Deadly 3' fight was interesting, since I didn't expect it to take place outside of the Green Hill Zone. The 'Sticks vs. Roll' fight was probably my least favourite, since the joke was so obvious even without the previous mentions in the main event (i.e. "Spy-brooms"). But it wasn't exactly terrible, either. Again, 'Knux vs. Blues' was easily my favourite, mainly thanks to the art and dialogue between these red rivals. Overall, I think it's worth reading. It certainly kept me interested in this crossover long enough for Act 3 to come out. Anyway, I'll post my next set of summaries/reviews soon.

You pretty much sum up my entire opinion on worlds unite I expected more from this crossover since it was more worlds then worlds collide but its actually worst then worlds collide every battle except the one with the deadly six were over and done with real quick expectantly the fight with mavericks a lot of them were like a waste a space they were just their to place the unity engine and get trash when we see them and in part 9 they were world hopping without explanation and nobody question why they need to fight something that have nothing to do with them.

The only excited moment I had since this crossover start was when M. Bison show up in that was in the most recent one. 

Edited by Blue Comet

True she did look like Sticks. Maybe they're related o_o 

Not related.  Just an alt universe human Non-crazy Sticks.  No doubt one or other will comment on it when they meet.

Not related.  Just an alt universe human Non-crazy Sticks.  No doubt one or other will comment on it when they meet.

Well yeah just trying to be sarcastic here.. But yeah they'll probably have great conversation!

Sorry I missed the sarcasm.  It's always tricky to do over the internet.

And while I really don't want to make any more negative comments about the crossover....

Zor: That was so easy it was almost dull

darn... it looks like even the characters don't like the story...

Sorry I missed the sarcasm.  It's always tricky to do over the internet.

And while I really don't want to make any more negative comments about the crossover....

Zor: That was so easy it was almost dull

darn... it looks like even the characters don't like the story...

I think this goes to show that Ian Flynn has been burnt out after worlds collide I think they need to give him a break  he have to work on Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Sonic Boom, Mega Man, Crusaders why don't he pass the torch to somebody else for awhile.  

Oh neato, they went to the world of Breath of Fire in the latest issue! Awesome, I'm happy they didn't forget about that great franchise. Eh, these latest issues aren't bad, but it's mostly just gathering heroes. But now we got the final battle on our hands, so that's most likely going to change very soon.

After I had a long break because of Wikia and gamescom I read through the comic....~

cPIjtpJ.png

Sticks. I. Really. Really. Don: Like. You. Get. Out. Of. The. Comics.

Seriously. She is just annoying for me.

Sticks. I. Really. Really. Don: Like. You. Get. Out. Of. The. Comics.

Seriously. She is just annoying for me.

To a lot a people they want to see sticks join the main cast for me I think it would be a disaster see would be more off then the deadly six. 

I like Sticks! She's funny! I don't see her fit in with the main cast though. Just leave her as she is where she is

I like Sticks! She's funny! I don't see her fit in with the main cast though. Just leave her as she is where she is

Yeah I like Sticks too.. but just.. please keep her in her own universe please. I'm not sure if the current Mobius could take such randomness... or craziness.. 

If she stopped demolishing the fourth wall all the time and was an occasional guest star (i.e. Blaze and Marine) she could work in the main comics, but it wouldn't take much for her 'funny' to become 'annoying'