Shadow

General Zelda thread

22 posts in this topic

header610.jpg

Aah Zelda, another franchise that is close to my heart. This is one of the games that got me into gaming in general. My first game was a Link to the past, and has always been my favorite Zelda game, possibly even competing for favorite game of all time!

Link's Awakening was the first game I ever completed (without using cheat codes)

I remember finishing it on the bus to the Academy and thinking 'Huh? THAT was the ending? That was kinda rubbish.'

As all it was, was Link being abandoned in the middle of the Ocean by the Wind Fish he had spent ALL GAME trying to rescue.

But something about that ending bothered me all through the day, and it wasn't till the bus home that the fact...

All the people you got to know in the game, EVERY SINGLE ONE, was gone forever

Suddenly the ending became much better, but much darker.

And I got a helluva shock in Ocarina of Time when a girl started singing 'Ballad of the Wind Fish"

The original Zelda was my first one I played, but Link's Awakening was the first one I owned. I remember playing to a certain point that I couldn't figure out and then just starting over and doing it again.

I've always been a huge Zelda fan though, and I'm still working on completing them all. I still need to finish:

-Majora's Mask

-Oracle of Ages/Seasons

-Twlight Princess

-Spirit Tracks

Wow, I was thinking that list was longer... lol I own all of these and have played all of them... just need to finish them!

I just started playing Zelda Games for two months and the only one I finished is The Minish Cap. It felt kinda short when you compare it to Ocarina Of Time. I'm still playing Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask.

Yeah, the 2D ones are a lot shorter then the 3D ones... but doesn't mean they are any less awesome!

Definitely. There is a reason Link to the Past still remains as my favorite out of any Zelda game. Wind Waker and Link's Awakening may give it competition, but there's no doubt for me that 2D zelda games are less quality than the 3D ones.

Probably it's nostalgia, but I really like Link to the Past.

link to the past is an awesome game! i put so many hours into that game that my thumbs hurt after i put the controller down! easily my favorite zelda game!

Did someone say... Zelda? I simply LOVE Majora's Mask. By far my favorite Zelda game! I find the tone of the game to be so unique because of how much darker it is from other Zelda games. Even now after 12 years, I still think the MM incarnation of Link is the most versatile Link in the franchise. The sidequests, I really don't mind doing because I start to feel a sort of connection to the NPCs (Especially Anju and Kafei, even the though I hate doing that sidequest). The soundtrack is my favorite Zelda soundtrack to date. I am simply in love with the Stone Tower music. My favorite mask in the game is the "I'm Invincible Mask" more commonly know as the Fierce Deity Mask, just because of how broken you become with that mask in combo with Chatau Romani. Every time I play Majora's Mask, I always have a great time playing it!

I'm with the rest of the Internet hoping for that Majora's Mask 3D remake...

I'm hoping for a remake of Majora's Mask with the Wind Waker treatment of added content on the Wii U and 3DS (It would give me the perfect reason to run out and get either console right now at 4 in the morning).

-Majora's Mask

-Oracle of Ages/Seasons

-Twlight Princess

-Spirit Tracks

I can finally cross that one off my list.

While I haven't really played Legend Of Zelda games myself I've seen people play them and they seem really interesting I do own few mangas of it. Such as Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Minish Cap... Do you guys know if they make Zelda games for Playstation 3 or 4? Since I do not own Wii/U or Xbox or 3DS...

While I haven't really played Legend Of Zelda games myself I've seen people play them and they seem really interesting I do own few mangas of it. Such as Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Minish Cap... Do you guys know if they make Zelda games for Playstation 3 or 4? Since I do not own Wii/U or Xbox or 3DS...

Unfortunately, the Zelda franchise is a First-party Nintendo franchise. As such, they are, like most franchises you see in Smash Bros, and Smash Bros itself by extension, Nintendo exclusive.

In other words, the chances of a Zelda game being on anything except for Nintendo consoles is about equal to the chances of Nintendo axing off Mario.

As for me: I am a HUGE Zelda Fan. I love everything from the gameplay to the Lore of its lands and people. I haven't played all of the games in the series...Yet. But the games I have played I've beaten...Except for Skyward Sword.

These are the games I own:

- The Legend of Zelda

- Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (The original)

- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (The original)

- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (The Gamecube Version)

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (The Gamecube Version)

- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

- Hyrule Warriors

I also used to own A Link to the Past (Both the SNES and GBA versions) But I don't have them anymore sadly.

Favorite Link: It's actually difficult for me to pick which Incarnation I like the most. Every version of Link has its own characteristics and qualities that makes them an excellent variant of the character. But if I had my arm twisted to choose between them, ...I gotta say the Hero of Wind (or as he's better known: Toon Link) That version of link has a lot more freedom of expression it seems, and by extension, a lot more personality compared to the others.

Favorite Zelda: This one, actually, is not as tough. Much like Link, every Zelda has its own qualities and characteristics that makes them excellent. Again, though, I gotta go with the Wind Waker version, if only for that personality of hers.

Favorite Villain: At first it was Majora from Majora's Mask. The entity is such an enigmatic monster, that it's something worth trying to solve to figure out how it can create so much devastation. But after Hyrule Warriors, ...I gotta give my love to the demonic King of Evil himself, Ganondorf. The specific incarnation? ...You know what, I'm not bothering with that. It's the same person every time in this case, and I love every last incarnation.

Favorite Character: Hands down, Midna. I absolutely adore that little imp! Sure she's not exactly the nicest girl around, but I love her personality, and as a companion to Link, she's by far one of the most useful ones around.

Favorite Zelda Game: So difficult for me to choose. But, I gotta say Twilight Princess. Sure it doesn't have my favorite incarnation of the big 3, but I love just about every character in this game, I love the wolf mechanic, and even those Twilight areas in the beginning of the game. This game just makes me feel happy.

Least Favorite Zelda Game: Skyward Sword. ...I'm trying to like it, I really am. The story of this game is good, and so far I like all the characters. (Yes, even Fi.) But I absolutely HATE the motion controls,  and being forced to use them just....Urrgh, I'm just not a fan of them.

Favorite Weapon/Item: Not counting the Sword, (Which would be the Master Sword.) I gotta say Twilight Princess' Double Hookshot. Mostly because of just how fun it is to travel from wall to wall.

Favorite Instrument: The Wind Waker. I've always had a personal love for Maestros.

Favorite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb923IHkdg8

Oh okay. Thank you Jest :D Well I can always read the mangas of it... and watch others play it. Sure it's not as fun as playing it myself but it's still pretty awesome ^_^

As someone reading their way through the Manga's... they're actually pretty different from the games themselves!

I've just started playing Wind Waker myself (HD version) Having a blast so far!

I know but they have similarities... And I've seen few game videos.. from Wind Waker as an example..

I've just started playing Wind Waker myself (HD version) Having a blast so far!

That's great! Wind Waker is probably my favorite Zelda game. Just the feeling of sailing the open seas and exploring every inch of the map... I loved that.

Just got the sail, so haven't done the sailing yet!

Keep going! I also LOVE the sailing music... I dunno, might just be me. >.>

I'll let you know.  Hoping to play more tonight!

I haven't played wind waker in a while.

I might play it later.

Never played Zelda in my life

*Looks at username*

Oh.

Anyways, love the series. Majora's Mask is the best game IMO, but Ocarina and Twilight Princess are both pretty great too. I hate the idea of the triple-split timeline, and still champion my timeline theory from prior to HH (yes, it was five years ago. Gimme a break)