Lena Stan Account

Your Top 3 Sonic Games Bosses

13 posts in this topic

I looked and saw nobody had maked one like this about Sonic! So here post your top 3 boss fights! You can write details about it and the reason if you want!

Mine is this:

1. Metal Sonic in every game that he is a boss! I liked the STH 4 : Episode 2 battles with Metal Sonic. 190px-Missile_metal_sonic.png

2. Egg Dragoon only in Sonic Generations! I like everything about the battle with him! 200px-Egg-dragoon-sonic-generations.png

3. Metal Overlord! Well he had to be put here for NMS's sake... But still he better than that metal madness. 250px-Metaloverlordv2.png

Edited by NMS

Metal Sonic from Sonic Generations. That was a good battle, but a little easy to get an "S" rank.

Nega-Wisp Armor from Sonic Colors. Pretty exciting battle, good way to end a game.

Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations. Pretty much the most go-to creation Eggman made. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Dragoon Mark III.

3. Biolizard from Sonic Generations. The re-did this fight in a game where the homing attack actually works!!!! Note, I played this version first, and managed to (just) beat Biolizard on my first attempt. So when I played SA2 I though 'this'll be easy, I've a good idea what to do'. 20+ lives later: 'WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE!!!!'

2. Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure. Tails gets a unique Final Boss fight reminiscent of the 2d games. And kicks ass doing so!

1. Egg Dragoon From Sonic Generations. This is just a Darn fun boss fight and I love replaying it. Plus the machine itself is pretty neat. And another plus point: Select your own choice of music!

1 person likes this

Hmm... I think I'll go with these three bosses (in no particular order):

#1) Egg Dragoon from Sonic Generations

(I'm starting to sense a pattern here...) As the penultimate boss fight of the game, I felt that Eggman's Prototype-1 was a fitting choice, and I found it to be a very fun boss fight. Also, as Skye said, you get the choice of many different tracks (though the Dragoon's remix is still good), my personal choice being 'Un-Gravitify' from Riders 2. Of course, that's not to put down the original Werehog fight either, but I found this one more enjoyable. Time Eater, on the other hand...

#2) Egg Salamander from Sonic Rush

"Too black, too strong, too black, too strong..." Facing both Eggmen as Super Sonic & Burning Blaze was very enjoyable for me, as it felt like a true 'final countdown' fight, as losing would result in Eggman either taking over both dimensions, or destroying them in Eggman Nega's case. Also, the interactions between them, both before and after the fight, are fun and intriguing at the same time. Seriously, pay attention to what Nega says... he's not everything he claims to be.

#3) E-101 Beta Mk.II from Sonic Adventure

Less on a gameplay perspective, and more story-wise, this fight really sticks with me. As E-102 Gamma, you've 'rescued' all of your 'siblings' by releasing the Flickies inside them. All except for two: E-101 Beta, whose been upgraded and is ready to beat you... and Gamma himself. You know what the outcome will be; both robots must destroy each other to save the other. And as you finally seem to defeat Beta, he shoots you right in the face. What follows is a very touching moment, one of the best in the series if you ask me. You could argue that I'm looking too deep into the subject (...again), but I still stand by what I've just said.

1. The death egg robot from sonic 2 only.- It's the first Sonic boss I remember battling and it was one of challenging bosses of the franchise.

2.Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure- one of the more challenging bossess of a character's story and introduced the famous Eggman line "Get a load of this!"

3. Mech Sonic from Sonic & Knuckles- The first of Sonic's robot duplicates to go super and it did give me a run for my money.

1. The death egg robot from sonic 2 only.- It's the first Sonic boss I remember battling and it was one of challenging bosses of the franchise.

2.Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure- one of the more challenging bossess of a character's story and introduced the famous Eggman line "Get a load of this!"

3. Mech Sonic from Sonic & Knuckles- The first of Sonic's robot duplicates to go super and it did give me a run for my money.

Two things Seviper.

1. Aww, you had to break the Egg Dragoon pattern! ;)

2. If I had to pick my 4th, 5th, and 6th boss fights, I'd pretty much just copy your list above!

I didn't know Egg Dragon (I just found out that it was Dragoon!) was this famous! Everyone here expect Seviper like his battle in Generations! I also liked the " Choose your own music for this stage" that was in Generations. I liked to go through it with it's own remix.

Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations. Pretty much the most go-to creation Eggman made. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Dragoon Mark III.

From mark III do you mean a better version of it in Generations? 200px-Egg-dragoon-sonic-generations.png Edited by NMS

Yeah. The whole stage was different.

Ooh! Boss fights! The part of any game I look forward to!

3) The Death Egg Robot in Sonic 2. I actually really enjoy this boss even though it isn't a very hard boss. It simulates stress because of the no rings deal, which I really like. More bosses in Sonic games should be like this, in my opinion.

2) Metal Sonic in Generations. YES YES YES! Now that's how you do a boss fight in a Sonic game! Everything in that fight is amazing! The remix of the Metal Sonic boss theme from Sonic CD as well as the whole fight based arounf high speed platforming as well as actually fighting Metal.

1) Solaris. As much as I despise Sonic '06, I love the fight with Solaris (Especially phase 2)! I love the phase 2 rendition of His World, the control and the atmosphere. Everything about that fight screams perfect to me. I think that that's how a Super form Sonic boss fight should be handled.

My top 3 Sonic Boss Fights:

1. Final Hazard - Sonic Adventure 2. Mostly because of the build up leading to it and Live and Learn playing in the background.

2. Metal Overlord - Sonic Heroes. I didn't enjoy the first half of the fight, but the second half is intense and the song What I'm Made Of made the fight epic.

3. Solaris - Sonic The Hedgehog(2006). Even though this game sucked, the final boss was probably one of the best parts of that game. The music set the tone and is one of the things besides the soundtrack that I come back to every now and then.

1. Metal Sonic from Sonic Generations (true easy to get an S-Rank no biggie)

2. please don't kill me but.. Devil Doom from Shadow The Hedgehog (if it counts that is... o_o'' it counts right?)

3. The Babylon Guardian from Sonic Riders (I just thought he looked cool xD)

Without any thought to order-

Egg Viper - SA1's final boss was great on so many levels.  It made several interesting throwbacks to classic bosses in terms of attacks as well as added its own unique moves to the mix.  I also feel it did well in what other games failed to do from a design standpoint.  Maybe not so much failed to do, but I feel that the Egg Viper did it better.  For example, it captures the sense of claustrophobia and having very little space to move like in Sonic 1's final boss fight, but not doing so in such a way that it felt brash and impractical.  It also used the mechanic similar to Spring Yard Zone's boss, where it would gradually remove tiles from the play field.  However, it didn't feel like there was ever a moment where you there was nothing you could do to about it.  In Spring Yard, sometimes Robotnik would be in a position where you couldn't get under him or jump over him, so it felt like you were stuck in a certain spot.  The Egg Viper has a consistent pattern and always attacks from beneath.  As such, there is nothing stopping you from getting out of the way so long as you are quick enough to do so.

Sonic 3's Final Boss - Yeah, I don't remember what this one was called.  I like it because it's so overcompensatingly precise.  It's one of those bosses that puts both your speed and accuracy to the test.  I think that's great, because instead of rewarding you simply for how fast you are, it rewards you for what you use that speed to accomplish.  The only problem is that it's an extremely frustrating boss for pretty much the same reasons.

Egg Dragoon - Right off the bat, the only thing that really frustrates me about this boss is that it's on a rail and that makes it really annoying when you miss what you were aiming for and there's no way to get back.  But overall, I love the design of the boss, and I love his methods of attacks.  Further, I love the necessity to use all different kinds of acrobatics in order to combat it, rather than just waiting for the right time to homing attack or just following a bunch of quick time events.  That being said, there's no shortage of those, but they're not the main or only focus of the boss.

Egg Dragoon (Sonic Generations) - I chose egg dragoon from generations because not only did it  improved on some of the flaws that the fight and unleashed had and whatever it kept made it better and I would put the one from unleashed but I only completed the wii version I hasn't got to the fight in the hd version which I heard was really hard.

Egg Wyvern (Sonic 06) - OK before you start dropping f bombs on me just hear me out it was one of the better boss fights in that game the ibis boss fight was bs, the other eggman robots were too long and boring, and the fight with silver was unfair and broken the egg vernier finally let dr.eggman be the boss instead of him unleashing this giant robot that would probably be as boring as the others I didn't feel like he was cheapening and I didn't suffer from any cheap deaths and seeing eggman run away at the end it bring back memories of the genesis days.

Metal Madness/Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes) -  The boss was everything I wanted in a final boss he wasn't too easy that you could beat and a minute and was so hard you would loses a lot of life not only did it reintroduce metal sonic but he show us what he can do and the music "What I'm made of" by crush 40 was kickass best final boss music ever and hear Ryan drummond voice metal sonic the whole fight and the ending was a little anti-climatic.