goldtaills

What do you want in a STH game?

135 posts in this topic

This is the only end that made me feel sad in the while game . Probably because it was the only one that wasn't played with so much narm...

The Silvaze relationship is one I'm more tolerant to than others. as long as they keep it low, I'll be fine. But none of these relationships would be great too. Especially not the Sonamy one.

It is true they shouldn't through things out the window, but the sad thing is, they've thrown out quite a lot so far. I see it more as they should go take it out of the trash, refine it, and implement it into the new stuff they're trying to do. The chaos emeralds I don't know. They used them in generations but I don't own lost world yet, and apparently they weren't used in colors. As for Blaze and Silver........yea......

Blaze and silver... A shale indeed .

But I guess it had to finish that way.

Spoiler concerning Chaos Emeralds and Lost World:

Nope, they are not part of the story.

Well in that case , what are the 3Ds special stages are for ?

That was an anticlimactic spoiler…

I was really hoping for something good there. Open the spoiler, and disappointment comes over me in more than one area. They better not have gotten rid of the Chaos emeralds from the future games

lol I lie how we all opened i and said what was inside anyway. They're probably building up for some game where they become in use again and its ultra powerful. In reality, there are only 7 in terms of the games world, and they always scatter upon use, if I'm correct. Being able to find all 7 in a "lost world" doesn't really sound like it makes sense.

I'm still waiting for the Super Emeralds to make their return.... Probably in Sonic 4 Episode 3.

Epileptic cause? Pfft, B*tch please, Mario has Rainbow powers, Pokemon has Shiny rainbow attacks. Don't come at me with such terrible reason.

I'm still waiting for the Super Emeralds to make their return.... Probably in Sonic 4 Episode 3.

Epileptic cause? Pfft, B*tch please, Mario has Rainbow powers, Pokemon has Shiny rainbow attacks. Don't come at me with such terrible reason.

...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think Super Emeralds are ever returning, especially with Iizuka himself saying that they aren't canon anymore.

It's a good thing it is not canon anymore

(Cheery, stop deleting my post, will you?)

n

Anyways, I repeat myself in saying that we could gain a lot in having a different gameplay for each character apearring in a game and being playable. Just like they oonce did In sonic adventure , or advance.

But, it appear that it is now out of the question.

...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think Super Emeralds are ever returning, especially with Iizuka himself saying that they aren't canon anymore.

Aww, that's too bad. I really loved Hyper Sonic. Well, mainly due to the fanfictions being made of it (Nazo Unleashed for example) but it was still a great power-up

It's a good thing it is not canon anymore

(Cheery, stop deleting my post, will you?)

n

Anyways, I repeat myself in saying that we could gain a lot in having a different gameplay for each character apearring in a game and being playable. Just like they oonce did In sonic adventure , or advance.

But, it appear that it is now out of the question.

I didn't delete anything. Stop blaming everything on me, I'm not the only staff on this site.

(Sorry about that then. It's true that I had some problem to connect of the Forum. Maybe it's why my words disappeared ? Again, Sorty cheery.)

Also, while we are talking about Nazo unleashed , wasn't there an unreal 2004 mod made to looks like a sonic game ?

I like how nobody is complaining about the music because Sonic's music is God near to perfect, lol

Even when I don't like a specific stage, the musics good. That will never change with Sonic.

Take this here:

[media=]

and make these changes:

Replace Ratchet and Clank with Sonic and Tails

Add other characters

Hand the guns to shadow

keep levels in trailer for other characters, and let speed characters(Sonic,Shadow,Espio) get more Sonic like level designs

Add different kinds of music genres for stages, like Rock, Hip-hop, Break beats, Nu Skool Break beats, and maybe some Dubstep(Boss battles and industrial/metal stages)

Pretty much what I want in a Sonic game. :)

Edited by Psycho the Frog

Chances are it would had happened, Had sega got with Sony instead of Sega .

Anyway, will This episode be cross buy . I own both a vita and a ps3 now, so it would be nice.

1 person likes this

Chances are it would had happened, Had sega got with Sony instead of Sega .

Anyway, will This episode be cross buy . I own both a vita and a ps3 now, so it would be nice.

Think you meant to say Nintendo there buddy. Not trying to be funny or anything, typos are a part of life. :) Then again, with all the infighting between Sega of America and Japan, Japan causing most of the trouble, that actually could be accurate.

Also, yeah, that could've happened, and even better, Sonic maybe getting into Playstation All Stars. With Jak nerfed, he would be a nice second choice. :D

Dunno about this being a cross buy though, but if you just now own a PS3, I recommned checking out any Ratchet and Clank game you can find, they're pretty good. All 4 one and Full Frontal Assualt aren't very popular but I stil found them fun, plus, both game offer co-op gameplay(4Players for A4O).

Edited by Psycho the Frog

I'll think about it . If I can get my hands on them.

Also, I wasn't completely aware of these infighting with sega Us and Sega Jap.

But that explain a lot.

On another hand , a shoting game with shadow would be funny , but on the side . Not a full fledged gale of course.

I'll think about it . If I can get my hands on them.

Trust me, they're fun as hell, and this new game, Into the Nexus, is only 30$, and I heard you get a free copy of another R&C game, Quest for Booty, when you buy it.

Also, I wasn't completely aware of these infighting with sega Us and Sega Jap.

But that explain a lot.

Yeah, a lot of people don't know about Sega of US and JP fighting(I would assume with only a handful of people talking about it), but much of it can be summed up from these quotes in this article:

Sega-16: It's good that you mention that, as it must have been very difficult for Japanese game executives to see the American arm of their company leading the way, considering how poorly the Mega Drive was doing in Japan. Do you think that there was some resentment on their part over the Genesis' success? Could this have been what caused them to exert more authority over how things were run?

Tom Kalinske: In hindsight, I think there probably was. I don't believe there was from 1991-1993. I think somewhere in the mid '90s, '94 or '95, they built up a great deal of resentment, and I didn't realize it at the time, until probably the latter part of 1995, when one of my colleagues in Japan, who I knew well and had a good relationship with, said to me something to the effect of "you don't understand how browbeat and annoyed the Japanese executives here are because of your success. Every meeting we go into, Nakayama asks us why can't you do things the way the Americans and Europeans did? Why aren't you guys as successful as they are? We've been around longer." I think the local executives didn't appreciate that he'd take that tone with them. Apparently, he also beat them up over Sonic, which was never as successful in Japan as it was in the U.S. and Europe (to this day, that's the case), and I think he was always throwing that in their faces too. So clearly, by late '95 there was great resentment built up: jealously, resentment, and kind of a desire to get back at those Americans that Nakayama kept throwing in their faces.

Source: http://info.sonicretro.org/Tom_Kalinske_interview_by_Sega-16_%28July_11,_2006%29

Other Sources: http://conflictingviews.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/how-to-save-sonic-post-9000/

http://conflictingviews.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/soj-will-never-allow-you-to-save-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Sorry for all the links, but once you get a chance to read that stuff, you'll realize what's up.

On another hand , a shoting game with shadow would be funny , but on the side . Not a full fledged gale of course.

I'm really ok with Shadow using guns, if anything, they could be added as an extra type of weapon if you want to use it, but it wont be forced(because the original game was SOOOO bad because of it, when it wasn't even teh main issue, since Sonic characters used weapons before. See Tails Adventure).

I'll read them later on.

Sonc with guns ? Well , they don't seem to habe problem with him cutting people in half with a talking sword or going through his ennemies at high speed (He somehow become a peojectile himself , lawl .)

Darn it Sega . All you had to do was to fix the Darn camera.

ps: maybe this infighting is why sonic 06 hasn't been patched . Seriously , it's possible to patch game . That happenned a lot on the ps3 and Xbox 360.

ps 2: Also , like I said, I'll think about it.

I'll read them later on.

Sure, whenever you have time. You wont get info like this from most other Sonic fans on the net, so pay good attention to this. :)

Sonc with guns ? Well , they don't seem to habe problem with him cutting people in half with a talking sword or going through his ennemies at high speed (He somehow become a peojectile himself , lawl .)

Shadow with.... wait... you don't know about Shadow the Hedgehog?

Darn it Sega . All you had to do was to fix the Darn camera.

Camera's like that have been an issue for many 3D action games.

ps: maybe this infighting is why sonic 06 hasn't been patched . Seriously , it's possible to patch game . That happenned a lot on the ps3 and Xbox 360.

Naw, by that time, they had already fires the US branch, at least the Sonic Team, and absorbed all that was left of it. I think 06 didn't get patched because they just stopped caring. All this happened in the first place is because Yuji Naka left during development, and many of it's elements were his ideas, this half the team was taken off to work on Secret Rings, and Sega ignored bug reports. Also, Izuka decided not to make SA3 because he thought only hardcore fans would pick it up, so he made Heroes instead, for the casual crowd. Had just gave SA3 the green light or something, 06 wouldn't happened at all.

It's also worth noting that every Sonic game since SA2 had some goal in mind for audiance or other goals, rather then furthering the series itself:

Heroes: Casual crowd.

Shadow: Older/American fans

06: no word on this

Unleashed: Warehog was added to pad the game

Colors: Was made for kids and Nintendo fans

Generations: Nostalgia whores

Lost World: Mario/Platforming fans(this being a big mistake since most of these game were called "action" games back in the day, since most of them had more emphasis on action then platforming. Only games like Mario can really be called playformers since Mario barely had any action outside of different jumps.)

ps 2: Also , like I said, I'll think about it.

Cool. :)

Mario , a plateformer game .

>Implying Rayman origins/legend doesn't show how it's done.

Yes , I know about shadow . And the fact that it's the only game not available on the Psn . My personnal canon for this game is the "Suicide by vector" Ending.

Stopping caring ? Crude ....

And yes, at core , sonic is more action than plateforming . Heck , they'd be better off doing a game a la ninja gaiden or other , since speed is at key in these two series .