The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Don't worry about it too much." Said Tikal.

-----------

"Want to make them here ?" Said Glen.

Hope wildly swung the torch at the horde. "Back I say! Have at you!" she yelled.

"Too late," Skye replied as he picked up a torch from the wall. "That thing could have done anything to you."

Anna grabbed her own torch. "Lets hope there's no strong winds in here," said said quietly.

--------------

Hope little dramatic display cause Melody to giggle. The Chao nearby retreat, some actually popping a the torch came close.

--------------

"I think I'd prefer somewhere a little more quiet."

"Well that's disgusting," commented Hope as some of the chao popped. "Still, let's get moving before they regroup."

----

The creature reappeared in front of Skye. "Back again so soon?" he said.

Skye and Anna leapt back with shock. Skye thrust his torch out like a sword, while Anna cowered behind him.

"I'm gonna save my sister and my friend, and you ain't gonna stop me," he warned.

-------------------

"Good idea. I've got my feet free again," said Melody as she started running again.

The creature laughed at Skye. "Oh no, a torch. Whatever shall I do? What are you going to try next, holy water?" he said sarcastically.

"I suppose I owe you for dragging me out of danger on several occasions now," said Hope to Melody.

Skye fought to keep his fear from showing on his face, and to keep his hand steady.

"No," Skye replied, concentrating, "This." The entire torch suddenly erupted into flame, which molded itself into the shape of a sword. Despite it being made of fire, it didn't seem to burn Skye around the hilt. "And believe me, I know how to handle a blade." Mentally, Skye started counting down the time, because he knew the spell wouldn't last long.

Anna gave a slight whimper at what was happening.

-----------

"Oh c'mon, none of those count. They were all fake situations. Even this one!" replied Melody with a grin. "Besides, what are friends for?"

"I would hope so. It's not like I have anywhere else to live now"

The creature walked into the sword until he was in Skye's face, totally unphased by the display.

"How can you hope to kill something that is already dead?" he asked.

"Heh you're right. Still, I'd like to make it up to you somehow."

"Aw crap," hissed a very worried Skye, the shock causing his concentration to weaken and the sword to disappear. He tried to back away but was blocked by Anna.

"Well, I-I'm... I'm always u-up for a scientific c-challenge," Skye replied, failing utterly at sounding blasé.

------------

"You could make me a cake," joked Melody, "or find some way for the two of us to stay in touch even while your stuck working in the UF!"

He picked up Skye by the neck and opened his mouth, revealing his fangs.

"Heh I could bake you a cake. And there is this 'revolutionary' technology could a computer. We can easily keep in contact that way."

Skye began choking as he was lifted by the neck.

"Please... let him go... just let him go," begged Anna.

As he was raised up, Skye aimed a kick at the side of the creatures face.

---------------

"Do you have something a bit more... portable? I mean, no offence, but I'm not the type to sit a computer all day."

The creature released Skye and clutched the side of his face, seemingly checking his jaw was intact.

---

"That's what I meant. There are plenty of PDA type devices that you can carry around yet still keep in contact with people."

Skye coughed as he hit the ground. Anna leaned over to help him up.

"Time to run I think," wheezed Skye.

--------------

"Cool. I just better make sure it's tough enough to survive a drop at the speeds... Hey, I think I can see light ahead!"

"I'm just wishing it's the final exit, and it won't lead us to some other horror filled trap," said Melody as she hurried up the stairs.

"Hopefully. Plus I want to check out the gift shop," replied Hope.

----

The creature began to compose himself, an angry look on his face

"Lets go," called Skye, taking Tikal by the hand as they ran.

-------------

Melody came to a sudden halt as she was blinded by the light. As her eyes adjusted, the sights and sounds of everyday life came into fouce.

"Oh thank everything," she said, sinking down to her knees.

Hope put her hand on Melody's shoulder. "We made it. I'm guessing the others will be here any moment."

----

The creature began to give chase.

"Okay Anna, time for you to take the lead," said Skye as he started to fly and took her hand.

"Wha... m-me? But..."

"You're the fastest of the three of us, so drag us along!" Anna gulped, nodded, then took off at full speed.

---------------

"I... I hope so Hope," said Melody, looking back at the exit, worried etched on her face.

The creature began to quicken, letting out a rage filled roar.

---

Hope stayed with Melody, waiting for the others to arrive.

"I think... I can see the graveyard gates ahead," said Anna. "And there's a light beyond."

"Better make sure we're not followed," muttered Skye. He turned in midair to face the monster, incanted a long stream of words, then part of the ground on font of the monster erupted, forming a barrier of rocky bars.

---------------

"If somethings... If something happened to them..." Melody began to wring her hands together, in the same way Anna had a habit of doing.

The creature slowed to a stop. A sinister smile on his face, he spoke to the children.

"You can run as much as you want, I will claim you in the end." His voice was soft and quiet, and it was as if he was standing right next to them.

---

"Don't worry Melody. Nothing's gonna happen to them."

Skye looked around frantically, trying to work out exactly where the voice had come from. Anna shut her eyes and ran straight towards the gate.

--------------

"I know, I know. It's silly for me to worry... but..."