The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"That's probalby becuase you're used to that sort of thing. I'm not. And she'd struggle to get me to use something like that. Changing my appearence would be one thing, but changing what species I appeared as, that wouldn't sit well with me. But like I said, I'm not going to stop you so long as it's safe. You're my friend after all, no matter what form you take," said Hope

------

"Yeah I'd say you have. It just takes a little practice," said Zamy before getting a strike of her own.

"I thought as much when Skye brought up something similar," said the younger Melody, "so I didn't ask since then. But thank you Hope, that's great to hear."

--------------

"You've obviosuly had lots," said Miles, his own ball leaving a split. "But does being at a different angle make it harder? Even if you do seem to be standing normally right now."

Locke sighed ."It's not that i find the idea strange . I just think that the whole concept in itself is useless."

---------------------------------

"I don't need to run after anything else than your Tail , dear ."Said Glen.

----------------------------------

"Useless, why?" asked Skye. "I'm not sure it is with my older sister. The damage done to her body is horrific."

--------------

"Then why don't you enjoy it while it's here?" said Ziona, wrapping it around Glen.

(Spark didn't hear Anna, so he continued walking. He finally found there door to go outside he curled up into a ball and went to sleep.)

(Me) hey ill be waiting intell Anna gets done with thes melody thing so ill be patiently waiting:)

"You're welcome," replied Hope.

-------

"It can do because the ball will go at an angle unless you put some opposite spin on it. But that's exaclty what you need right now. When you have the two pins at each end left, you want to spin the ball so that when it hits the pin you aim for, it knocks that pin into the other one. It's not easy."

(ooc: Uh.... That might be a while Spark. These conversations can last a long time! There is a reason we're at 803 pages! :P )

"And I'm sure Mom and Dad will like the idea," said Melody. "It will be nice for them to have an actual child."

----------

"Right, I'll try that," said Miles, concentrating. He threw the ball but, while he got it to spin, it missed both pins. "Awww."

(Me) alright of I get to my braking point of patience ill just do like whatever^-^

"It's obvious that melody will need a new body. I was talking about Memody." Said Locke."She is already quite different of your older sister in many way."

-----------------------------------

"You are so right about this part ."Said Glen, nuzzling Zionna.

(ooc: Heh, lol. Okay then.)

"I know, the thing is..." Skye sighed. "I can't guarantee to Melody that a new body will be the same as her old one. It will be different, maybe only in small way. Maybe big ones. I can't even promise she'll still have her speed. That scares her. But at the same time, being different is something... Memody," Skye stumbled as he tried to pronounce the nickname, "say's she wants."

--------

Ziona pulled Glen tighter, ignoring the pain from her injuries.

"I don't know them, but I think they would be."

------

"Don't worry. Like I said, it's not an easy shot to make," reassured Zamy.

"Yeah. Oh, by the way Hope, do you have a handy communicator for the two of us. Save me having to get Dylan to make the call for me?" asked Melody with a smile.

-----------

"I'll just need to practice a bit more," said Miles. "You... mentioned earlier about have to work out where I'd be staying for a while..."

Hope pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled down a number. before handing it to Melody. "This is my personal phone for whenver you want to talk."

-----

"Yes. It can take time to get a board together to review your case, and most of the paperwork is sent in beforehand."

"Thank's Hope. That's great."

The older Melody shuffled her feet somewhat awkwardly, feeling a little jealous that her younger self had such a good friend.

------------

"I... could stay at Haven , as Skye doesn't seem out to kill me anymore," suggested Miles, hoping that Zamy would agree as it would mean spending more time around her and Anna.

"No problem."

-----

"Yes I suppose you could. Forgive me if I'm not enthused but I really don't like that place. But I'm not here to be comfortable, so that'll do well enough," replied Zamy.

"Have you had a productive few hours?" asked the younger Melody. "I got dragged to a battlefield!"

------------

"I'm guessing you don't care for the company," said Miles. "But I don't want to be somewhere where I won't see you or Anna," he confessed. "Not that's I'm going to bug her or stalk her or anything," he added quickly.

"Some things never change," joked Hope. "I've spent my time tinkering with Omega and trying to get a comm link with Shadow."

------

"Yes that sums it up. I don't like being spied on at all, but even less so by that weird brotherhood. And I understand Miles. I imagine she'll want to see you too."

"But I wouldn't have it any other way," replied Melody, also laughing. "You said a com-link with Shadow. Is he out on a mission? Should, uh... I don't want to say this, but might it be better if you were working on that problem?"

-----------

"It's a bunch of old men who have had absolute authority for too long," said Miles. "And Anna and I do still seem to get along, even if she did say she hated some things about me."

"There's nothing I can do. It's on his end, not mine. Too much interference it seems."

-----

"Yeah, pretty much. And I think she meant that in the context of some of the traits you used to have inc ommon with future you."

Dylan went over to older Melody

"Is something wrong?"

"Where is he? At the bottom of the ocean?" asked the younger Melody, only half-joking.

The older Melody glanced towards Dylan. "It's just I... never had a real friend like she does," she said quietly.

----------

"I'm not sure about your use of the past tense. Those traits are not going to just magically disappear," said Miles.

"I can't really comment on that."

---

"True. Though if they do keep cropping up we'll have a game of baseball and you can pitch," joked Zamy.

"Ah, one of those missions. Say no more," said Melody.

-----------

"Huh?" Miles looked at Zamy somewhat confused.

"Heh, thanks Melody."

---

"Sorry, I forgot you didn't know my reputation. I can whack a ball so hard it can break bones. I'm not popular with the other departmental teams."

"No problem," said Melody, awkwardly adjusting her siting position, needing to use her arms to move her legs. "I guess this means your vacations over then?"

--------------

Miles started laughing. "Remind me never to play against you. Or throw anything at you!"