The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Well unfortunately I'm not the most qualified person to help you act like one. I'd say just relax and try to be yourself, but I know that's not exaclty helpful."

"Father's... gone Melody. I'll explain more once your a bit better," said Skye, causing the younger Melody to huff a bit.

"So you can make me a body just like my old... current one?" asked the older Melody.

"Uh... No. I can try. But I can't guarantee how close it will be. I can guide the clone, not actually dictate how it will be." Skye looked away slightly uncertain. "I can't even guarantee it will even have your speed."

"What...?"

-------------

"It's a start Zamy. And it is helpful to have... friendly advice," said Miles.

"Thanks. Glad I'm able to help. Speaking of which, I need to sort out where you'll be staying until you're able to head into the program."

"Oh, yes. The program," said Miles. "I do wish it was you who was adopting me," blurted out Miles before he could stop himself.

"It's still a start though. Perhaps you should let him make the body first, and if it doesn't have the speed you wanted, maybe we could try and find a way to get it for you"

"Um... That might not be a good idea at all. The ritual that gave Mother speed is kinda how we got into this mess in the first place, given all the side effects it had," said Skye.

"I don't want a normal body. I want one that's special," said the older Melody.

"I... might have a solution," said the younger Melody quietly.

-------------

"I.. uh... well..." spluttered Miles.

"I think I know what your going to suggest, Melody. And I would advise against it"

"And what do you think that is Dylan?" asked the younger Melody tensely.

"Instead of her getting the new body, you get the new body. That way, she would still get the speed. Am I right?"

"Almost, there was one more thing to it," admitted Melody.

"That's not a good idea Melody," said Skye.

"Why? She's the original. She deserves it. I'm just sorry my body's not in best condition right now. But it will heal," said the younger Melody.

"Uh, well, by the time the clone is ready you might have time to fully heal. But, what was the 'one more thing'?" asked Skye.

"I'd, uh... need to talk to Mom and Dad about that..."

--------

"Uh...." Miles was a little unsure how to react. "But... after the board... there's no chance, is there...?" he asked slowly, not sure how Zamy actually felt about the idea.

"Melody, I'm not in control of you, and what your doing is very generous but are you really sure you want to go through with this? Because once it's done I don't think there's any way of turning back"

"What Dylan said I absolutely correct Melody. Are you sure about this? You body is fine after all. At least once it's healed," pointed out Skye. The younger Melody closed her eyes and bowed her head.

"I know that, but... I've always felt uncomfortable about being a copy. Everyone tells me I'm my own person, and I do believe them. I was comfortable with who I was but... when... I... came back, I feel I need to distance myself from me. I want to be some more different. More unique." She opened her eye's and looked towards her older self.

"You said you wanted to be special. So do I. And if there is two of us, we're far to alike to be special."

Dylan sighed knowing there was no way of talking Melody out of this

"I'm an active officer, so it certainly wouldn't be easy. Plus I live in a tiny apartment in No Zone. There's nothing to say it's impossible though," said Zamy, trying to reassure Miles.

"What do you thing about this?" Skye asked the older Melody.

"As long as she good a good body," said the older Melody. "I don't want to put her into somethings second rate."

"That's what I wanted to talk to Mom and Dad about," said the younger Melody.

"What exactly are you planning?" asked Skye.

-------------

"No, I understand that it can't happen. You don't need to sugercoat it," Miles, disappointed, but in no way surprised.

"This is starting to sound more worrying"

"I was thinking... to be more unique... rather than clone me, you could make a new body from Mom and Dad's genetics. So I'd really be their child," explained the younger Melody.

Skye's mouth dropped open.

Dylan just stared in shock at Melody. He couldn't bring himself to say anything for a moment. Finally he said

"If that's really your wish, then I'll help you in any way I can"

"Thank you Dylan," said the younger Melody.

"I'm... gonna find Mom and Dad," said Skye.

--------------

Miles looked a Zamy, wondering if she was just trying to be kind, or actually considering the idea.

"Don't thank me yet, Melody. I'm not even sure how I can help. And go ahead, Skye. I'll stay here"

"The fact you offered is enough," said Melody.

"Uh, right," said Skye, heading out of the bedroom. "This is just getting too crazy. Why can't I just have a nice normal day?"