The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye looked between the two girls, feeling somewhat awkward. The the older Melody spoke.

"You're... me?" she asked.

"I'm a copy, yes," the younger replied.

"Melody..." Skye begun, but the younger interrupted him.

"It's true isn't it? I was formed of your memories and dreams Skye. She's the original."

"That doesn't matter," said the older Melody.

"Maybe not to you," said the younger with a sigh. "I know I would have liked a copy of me to have as a sister. But from my point of view.... I need to be more different." Then she laughed. "After all, we both have the same name for starters. Now that's gonna get confusing quickly."

---------

"It's stupid to go alone Spark," said Anna. "But then, I'm not sure if anyone but you is in a condition to do anything. After what's happened already today..."

---------

"I understand Zamy. I hope you find something that will get rid of them permanently. If there is anything I can do to help, just say," said Miles.

"So do I. And thank you." Zamy stood up and stretched her arms. "I really should get these back to Shadow soon, along with the rest of the equipment I borrowed."

"I would try and keep the shoes if you can Zamy," said Miles. "Given you're looking after to girls with superspeed, they might come in handy."

"True, though I should still ask him. He's not the sort of person you want to not tell you're borrowing something from."

"I know. And even if you tell him he can still overreact sometime," said Miles, think back to the power copying ritual he'd done on Shadow.

"He might, but I wouldn't really consider any of your interactions with him involving 'borrowing'. That implies you fully intended to give back whatever you took."

Miles ears flattened.

"Well, I didn't really take them. Just copied..." he said weakly.

"Try to see it from his point of view. It's like saying copying someone's keys is fine because it's just a copy."

"I suppose it might," laughed the older Melody. "But I doubt I'll be staying."

"What, but..." began Skye.

"No! Stay! I wasn't trying to drive you away!" cried the younger Melody.

"Melody, where would you even go?" asked Skye.

-----------

Miles paused, trying to picture the situation from the different angle. Normally he wouldn't, but as it was Zamy's suggestion he gave it a try. Then he sighed. "I don't like feeling guilty."

"I didn't used to. I wonder why I do now?" Miles asked himself. He sat down on a bench, pondering his thoughts.

"I think I used to rationalize it away by assuming they'd do the same to me given the chance. Then it became second nature. It seems to be failing now."

"I... don't know Skye. But do you really want me to stay? I tried to kill you!" asked the older Melody.

"Weren't you paying attention?" asked Skye amused. "I tried to destroy a universe to bring you back. Doesn't that tell you something?"

"Well, yeah. But..."

"No 'but's'," interrupted Skye, before realising something. "Am I this bad?" he asked the younger Melody.

"Worse," she replied with a smirk, causing Skye to stick his tongue out at her.

""Right, we need to have a talk about this with the whole family. And we need to get you a new body. I've already got some ideas abouyt that," said Skye.

"New body?" ask ed the younger Melody.

"Yes," replied her older self. "This one... It's a broken shell held together by wires and circuits." She turned around and lifted her hair, showing her younger self the cybernetic implants.

--------------

Miles touched his black eye. "Maybe you're right. it was so terrifying seeing me consumed by... whatever that was."

(ooc: Miles: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FutureMeScaresMe)

(Spark thought for a minute then realized it would be suicidal to go alone he was already drained.) your right I can't do it alone but, Hugghh...

"A whole lot of nasty stuff is the easiest way to some it up. But like I said, that's not what you'll become."

"Oh god, that's horrible," exclaimed the younger Melody.

"My spine was shattered in the fall," the older Melody explained. "Without these cybernetics I can't move any part of my body. I can't even blink."

"I'm so, so sorry. Now I understand why you want a new body..." The younger Melody went quiet for a bit, pondering.

"It's worse. Mother had a loyalty chip installed when I was... rebuilt. I couldn't disobey any order she or Father gave me." She turned to Skye. "You said you had an idea how to get a new body Skye?" asked the older sister.

----------

"Are you alright? It sounds like your trying to pass a kidney stone." said Anna.

----------

"Am I going to be turning into a goody-goody two shoes then?" asked Miles, half-amused, half-scared at the thought.

"Well I wouldn't go that far. You odn't want to wipe away everything you are to try and act like that. Most people who try just end up grating on everyone else's nerves."

Yah just frustrated. (He said looking downwards.)

"We're unlikely to be attack again soon Spark," said Anna, placing a comforting hand on Spark's shoulder. "And tomorrow more people will be rested up and able to help you."

-------------

Miles gave a small smile. "Got it Zamy, don't try and pretend. It's going to be hard though. I've been pretending to act like an adult for a while now."

"Your mother was the one who installed a loyalty chip?" Dylan asked suddenly

"Well, technically it was Boomer who actually implanted it. But it was on Mother's orders. Something about me being too 'rebellious' and not 'ruthless' enough," said the older Melody.

"Oh. Okay. I just thought it would've been Miley who'd do something like that" Dylan said

"And that explains how Anna knew it looked like Boomers work" he said quietly under his breath

"Who?" asked both Melody's together.

"Don't tell my twin sis what happened! I don't want her getting... ideas," Skye whispered to Dylan.

Dylan looked at Skye for a minute wondering who in they're right mind would do that to someone they actually liked

"Don't worry about that" he finally said. "Just continue discussing about the new body"

Skye guessed what the look Dylan was giving him meant.

"Some of her pranks can get kinda extreme," he whispered.

"Right, yes, the new body," said Skye, clearing his throat. "I think I may be able to use a few magic rituals to, well, basically clone you a new body, using a sample of your genetics," he explained. "Then using some transformation magic I should be able to guide it so it's close to your original."

"What? But, Father said that wasn't possible," said the older Melody.

"Father wasn't a Summoner or Transmuter. I am," said Skye,

"Wait... wasn't? Past tense?" asked the younger Melody.