The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye couldn't dodge the blast, but was able to conjure up a shield to absorb the majority of the force.

"Three of you now?" muttered Miles angrily. "You're not going to stop me rescuing her." He dived down towards the amusement park, hoping to loose them by weaving through the various rides.

------------------

"Great, the one time I'm completely out of uniform," Ziona muttered, running back into her room to grab her equipment.

Rouge dived down, her gaze fixed on Miles. She was determined to bring him down, weaving in and out of the rides, trying to avoid colliding with anything.

Dylan went to Locke. "Any ideas here?"

Skye kept above the park, and using his magic, forced the wind to give him a burst of speed.

Miles kept ducking through the rides. He glanced back and cursed that Rouge was still following him. Then something slammed into him from the front, causing him, Anna and whatever he'd crashed into to career into the ground. He shook his head and picked himself up, surprised to see Skye doing the same. Around them, the crowd started to gather.

"I'm gonna make you pay for EVERYTHING you've done to me!" screamed Skye, magical energy gathering in his hands.

"What? I never even met you before today," replied Miles.

"And I'll make sure you never do!" Skye thrust his arms forward and a solid beam of energy rushed towards Miles. He brought his arms up, and with a bright flash the beam was disrupted, knocking Skye off his feet.

"Pathetic."

-------------

Ziona came back out of her room, wearing her chest plate and one gauntlet.

"Anyone else wanna come for the ride. Actually, which way did they go?" she asked.

Rouge shot Miles in the back with the tazer just as she was landing, keeping the trigger held down so the current kept flowing.

Miles screamed and buckled in pain, falling to his hands and knees. Concentrating through the agony, he started speaking a few words, and the electricity began following back along the wires to strike at Rouge.

Rouge went down on one knee, tears rolling down her face as the excruciating pain engulfed her, unable to take her finger off of the trigger because of the muscle spasms. Eventually these spasms caused her to fling it away, ending her torment. With her hands free she reached for her radio; instead of calling for help, she just managed a shriek of pain. Shadow pinpointed her position using the tracker in the radio, chaos controlling there. Once he saw Miles he used chaos snap to get up close and send a punch aimed square at his face.

(ooc: Ouch. Sorry Rouge. Didn't mean for it to be that bad.)

Miles went flying from the punch, blood oozing down his face from his probably broken nose.

"Leave him, he's mine," Skye growled as he picked himself up.

Miles shook his head clear, then looked at Shadow with a smirk.

"I wondered when you'd show up Shadow. This time I'm ready for you." Behind his back, Miles activated a small amulet. Although Shadow was unaware of it, it's magical properties would disrupt his chaos powers if he tried to use them, causing them to feedback on him, or worse.

Red was now getting closer . If she was ever getting her hand on Miles , someone would have a VERY bad day .

-------------

"And now ?" Said Allister."Well, if I wanted to loose someone quickly , I'd try to go through the amusement park." Said Glen as he loaded his Sidearm and grabbed some equipement from his bedroom .

--------------

"And now ? If you want to come Dylan, hang on to me , I'll glide my way to everyone else." Said Locke."For thr others, I want you to stay here . Calling any form of authority won't be of use if everything goes smoothly ..."

"You know full well it won't ." Said Lara-lee, upset.

"There are two kids out there and a bunch of friends that make me having to say otherwise ." Answered back Locke."For their sake,there is no other way...."

-----------

Glen was now done equipping himself ."Are you done Zionna ? We are leaving now , there is no time to loose !!!"

-----------

Mina , didn't know what to do . In so little time , she became the witness of a kidnapping . She couldn't just stand here doing nothing .

It's when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was honey ."Don't do that , Mina ." She started."They need people to hold the Fort , or else, they might have no places to come back to. And beside , there is already enough people on the tails of whoever did that . They'll get him." She smiled , trying to reassure Mina.

"You can't win you pathetic brat. I'm going to enjoy this," said Shadow as he homing attacked towards Miles at blistering speed.

"Actually, you could just tell me where to go and I'll teleport myself there"

"Actually, there isn't any sure location." Said Locke"All I can do is gliding around, Then finding Shadow's or anyone else Energy signature."

"Hang on a second." Dylan disappeared but soon reappeared and gave Locke a radio. "If you find them, contact me and I'll make my way to you. I'll be looking around too." Dylan then disappeared again

With Dylan gone, locke left the penthouse and started his search.

Mile was glad he'd spend time practicing in case Scourge returned. At the last possible moment he leapt away, counting on Shadow's momentum to send him crashing into the ground. He looked around for the next opponent, then gasped in pain as Skye grabbed him by the arm. Skye's had was glowing red, and his eyes slowly turned back as he began draining Miles' life essence away.

"Not so virtuous after all," Miles commented smarmily, the headbutted Skye in the face, causing him to let go, though his eyes remained partially black.

"How vulgar," complained Miles.

--------------

Melody slid to the floor, crying silently. Then she looked toward the window, grabbed her knife, and got ready to follow.

-------------

"Ready," said Ziona as she activated her teleport.

Shadow bounced along the ground, regaining his orientation as he landed on his feet. Seeing as Miles dodged his attack, he decided to take a different approach and hit a button his radio which let out 3 beeps. He then put it away before judging how to strike next.

----

Hope rushed up to Melody.

"WAIT! You can't just go running off. Let me find out where they are first. I'll pinpoint Shadow's location then you'll actually know wherevto go rather than run around everywhere." Hope frantically hit buttons on her watch."The fairground! They're at the fairground."

Lara saw Melody, but caught her before she tried anything."Dont . If he doesn't want you to come, there is a reason" She said.

---------------------------------------

Glen Grabbed Zionna's arm."Then let's go."

--------------------------------------

Red was getting closer . And she wasn't happy.

Sensing the gap in the fight, Miles flew quickly over to where Anna was lying. As he did so, with a few arcane words a thick fog suddenly began to engulf the area.

Skye gave a feral snarl, outstretched his arms, and began shooting bolts of magical energy wildly through the fog in the direction Miles had gone.

------------

"Thank's Hope," said Melody, before Lara-le grabbed her.

"Let me go, please," Melody begged. "I have to help my brother and sister. I've let them down too many times before."

------------

Ziona and Glen landed near the edge of the park, to see the panicking crowd.

"Looks like your guess was correct," she said.

Shadow ran over to Rouge and gently picked her up before sprinting into the fog after Miles.

---

"No problem. Now go get him."

"I know him Melody." Said Lara-lee."He might be on the process of loosing one child; he doesn't want the two others to be out of sight."

------------------------------

"My guess are always Good." Said Glen, looking around."Well, this Fog seems suspiscious, Let's go check it out."

----------------------------

Locke felt that he was getting closer.

---------------------------------

Red finally Found Miles. She hid herself, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Dylan appeared close to the fog. He then took out his radio. "Locke, I think I found the right area. Either that or there's some rather unusual weather in the amusement park"

"You're not gonna escape!" screamed Skye. He concentrated, and the water in the fog began to freeze solid, threatening to trap anyone inside. As he did so Skye dropped to his knees, nearly drained by his repeated magical exertions.

Miles felt the temperature drop rapidly and ice crystals start forming on his fur. He guessed what was going on. He picked up Anna gently.

"C'mon Mina. We've gotta go," he whispered before taking off.

---------------

"But Skye's already gone. I need to help. Skye might... he might do something really stupid."

---------------

"What I would give for a scanner," muttered Ziona as she ran towards the fog.

Shadow picked the pace when the fog started freezing. He had to get out or both he and Rouge would be done for. He saw a figure move up ahead and decided to follow them.

---

Hope sighed and took hold of Melody's arm.

"I have something that could get us there instantly. But it's just a prototype, and if it goes wrong we... well we won't be here anymore. But it should work if my calculations are correct."

Dylan saw Miles flying up out of the fog.

"Oh no you don't" he said as he teleported himself to the height Miles was at and grabbed one of his tails

"If he does.... Then Locke wouldn't be able to handle it. Do you really wants to take that risk? You might be all that is left for him." Said Lara

-------------------------------

Before Miles could ever take off , Red jumped on him."Don't even think about it." She said, Pining him down."We have to talk. Face to face."

------------------------------------

Locke fell behind Dylan."Here Am i."

-----------------------------------

"And What I'd give for more Fur." Said Glen.