The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"I don't think so. As far as I know you have to be an echidna to be made a Guardian. But they could make an exception if someone proved themselves I suppose. You'd need to talk to them about that, I'm not part of that particular club."

"I'll see what he says, but I really don't know where that idea came from. I think I was pondering ideas for my future without realising it."

"Nothing wrong with brainstorming ide-" Rouge was then hit in the face by a newspaper. She read the front page "Oh great. I think I'll leave that investigation to Shadow." she said, discarding the paper. "As I was saying, nothing wrong with brainstorming ideas for your future out loud."

(2 months have passed since the day Shadow began working on the inter-dimensional warp chamber. Knuckles had joined Gamma in the survey ops and fought alongside him against the army of clones Eggman continued to unleash. Throughout their time. Knuckles under-sense had grown a brotherhood with Gamma. Being able to hear him gave someone to talk to, and share opinion with on not being a full organic. As a result, Knuckles began to see himself as two separate people. With the days slowly closing in on him returning to his own world, he was worried of what would happen to his undersense. Having it re-become one with his subconscious seemed natural, but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. As the weeks went on, the day had finally come....)

Knuckles was sitting in the lounge looking out into the dark abyss of the ocean, when Shadow entered the room.

"The device is complete."

They walk back into the underground lab where the watch that Knuckles gave Shadow, was now suspended in mid-air in the center of the panel. Shadow walks over the his computer and begins pulling up data. "By my calculations, if we place you at the center of this rig, it will create a massive energy spike and send you back to the dimension you came from before here. From the readings, it isn't your main world, however it is filled with chaos energy, so the dimensional watch should be able to recharge. Because we've never seen it do so before, I don't know how long the recharge will take."

Knuckles looks to the ground. "I see...."

"You look troubled about something. Rest assured, we will do our best in this world."

"No, no just that....what about my under-sense, as Gamma calls it."

Shadow pauses for a moment, and puts his hand to his chin. "I am unsure. It wouldn't necessarily disappear, but at the same time, it wouldn't stay as well. I've tried looking into the cause hundreds of times, however my under-sense simply thinks the same way I do, due to my creation. Therefor I've never been able to learn anything from it. We can only hope for the best."

It's alright Knux, I doubt it will be that bad. Plus, I had a great time. I can't be picky about getting to exist in the first place.

Knuckles nods and shakes Shadows hand. He slowly walks up to the warp point and Shadow begins initiation. Suddenly, green electric chains begin forming and grab hold of Knuckles.

"Those are to keep you steady as the device analysis you for departure." Shadow states. "Once everything is fully powered up, you'll be off in no time.

Suddenly a large explosion is heard from outside the room. Shadow panics at the thought and runs over to the door. Gamma is there to warn him.

"We've been found!"

"Mind scrambling change .... Hum, When these two come back , they'll have a really bad time with me. But fiest Melody ...." Locke stood up."Using my overpowered awesomess , I have been able to locate her ; She is with Rouge . I guess she took a likeness in her .Not a great model to follow, but after all, who can be? " Joked Locke.

--------------------

"Fine then, I think I found a noce with a view on the beach. They should have some nice thing to drink. Interested ? And I think they give group discount ." Said Glen ,As they moved around .

Eventually, on their way to said bar, They met Rouge And Melody . "Well pretty ladies, what are you two doing alone on such a fine night ?"

(Ooc: I like your idea skye. Having some media guy mistaking her for mina , And Locke trying to get out of this situation, In direct, probably in front of thousands of people , via television . That can pnly be awesome .)

"Better than the ones she had before. I hope she'll be back soon, I need to apologise to her."

------------------------------------

Melody giggled slightly at the compliment. "Just enjoying the quiet beach. Is Dad still inside? There's something important I want to ask him."

(ooc: Not so sure. One word in the wrong place from Locke could mean Prime Melody and Skye never come to exist. 'cept they have those time-armband things, which just leads to further complications...)

I think Locke is still inside talking with Skye. That's if he didn't decide to leave after we left

(ooc: But, it could lead to going back and fixing the past, which isn't that unusual, considering what's happened so far and at the same time, gives us something else to do)

(ooc: I now have an image of Prime Skye shooting Locke with a sniper rifle just as he makes his announcement! :wacko: )

(ooc: If he's anything like Skye from X years later, I don't think he'd be able to do it. Melody, maybe, but Skye, no)

(ooc: of course he wouldn't. That's why it was such a bizarre image.)

(ooc: Yeah, I guess it would be a bizarre image. Oh well)

(ooc: but the downside with this plot, and why I don't want to do it, is the moral quandary. Say Locke says something that means Tails and Mina don't get together. Instead they each marry some else, and have different families. Yet Skye and Melody still exist because of their armbands. What happens then? Can you justify wiping out two happy families to restore just one?)

(ooc: I would need to think about it and even then, I wouldn't want to give my answer. All I'll say is, what of the people Tails and Mina may marry. Could they have had families? And what of the ones they married? But it's still a good point. It's always difficult to choose between lives and which one works better and which one seems more real. Great, now I'm thinking Doctor Who, so I think I'll stop before I change the subject. We don't have to do it)

"He better not have left. Where are you lot going anyway?" asked Rouge, all the while glancing at Shadow. "We're just going to a bar." he replied. "Fine. Just be back within a couple of hours Shadow." He gave her a nod.

(Ooc: It's Locke , You shouldn't hve to worry . He would know what to do....Also, Sorty about. eing late. The place I was in today didi'nt had any network ).

"If you want ti talk to Locke, I'm sure he must be done with whatevzr he must be busy with , melody. So move fast cutie !" Said Glen.

Shadow looks to Knuckles as he tries to break free. "We have to protect the base!" he yells as he tries removing his restraints.

"No!" Shadow yells back. "If we turn it off now, we'd have to recreate the whole thing!" Shadow runs off to the communication and punches in an emergency number. "All staff in the facility! This is a code white! I repeat: Code White! Evacuate immediately!" he puts down the phone and looks to Gamma. "We have to protect this room at all costs. Where are they entering from?"

Gamma does a quick scan. "They have us surrounded all outside. However they can only enter from the main bridge down to this room."

Shadow walks past holding his gun. "Then we know what we have to do. Knuckles, I promise you, you will get back to your world. Don't worry about us." he then sprints off up the staircase. Gamma looks to Knuckles, who gives him a nod, and follows after Shadow.

You're just going to let them go like that?

"They would only get mad at us for not trusting in them. Remember, they're just as strong as our Shadow and Omega back home, if not stronger. They won't get taken out by some outdated clones."

Still.....I'm gonna miss them.

"Yea...me too."

The machine begins to grow louder as it approaches 40% charge.

"Sontell me skye, Do we let your sister come back, or do we go toward her ?"

(I think having a journalist mistaking her for mina the Moment Lockr gives her a hug could be quite interesting scenario wise .)

Blushing a little at being called cutie, Melody sprinted into the hotel, calling out 'Thanks Rouge' as she went.

"I think we should try and find her, just to make sure..." Skye started saying just as Melody ran into the room.

"Melody! There you are. Uh, there's something I want to say to you."

"Is this really important Skye? Because there's something I need to ask Dad."

Skye shook his head. "You go first."

"Thanks Skye." Melody took a deep breath. "Ok, Mom, Dad. I've been thinking about what you said about trying to think about what I want to do with my life now. And... an idea did pop into my head, and it would let me use the skills I have. But... I don't know if I can do it. Dad, I need a straight answer from you. Can you train me to be a Guardian?"

Skye's mouth dropped open.

(ooc: I do like the idea of the kids being mistaken for their alt world parents... As long as the truth doesn't get out.... Hmm, though of a possible half-truth that would cover all the bases, Rather than saying Skye and Melody are Tails and Mina's kids from another Zone, just say they ARE Tails and Mina from a very, very different Zone. Maybe say that Zone is now destroyed?)

"You're welcome!" called back Rouge. "Ok guys, I'm going to relax. Don't be long Shadow." Rouge walked into the elevator and tben into her room. She then pulled off her boots and flung herself onto the bed, before turning on the TV. "Come on guys, let's get to that bar." said Shadow.

"Finally ! All this talking got me thirsty !" Said glen with glee .

----------------------

Locke was .... shocked to say the least ...." It's a long and hardous path, not to mention all the risk that

come along with it . I will have to think ... a long time... about this ." Locke said.

(OOC: I would habe gone for war orphan . After all the things that happenned so far , two kids ending up under the wing of a generous old man would be quite normal, don't you think?)

Melody was disappoint not to get an answer straight away, but did her best to hide it. "I understand Dad. I hope I didn't ruin the holiday with this."

Skye still just kept staring at his sister.

(ooc: Yeah, but it doesn't address the issue of 'that kid looks and sounds like Mina and that kid looks and sounds like Tails, down to the same previously unique mutation')

Eventually the group reached the bar. "Alright what do you guys want?" asked Shadow. In her room Rouge was flicking through the channels until she reached the news, which was showing an updated report on the story she saw in the paper.

You guys have what you want. I'll be the one to make sure you get back to the hotel without passing out on the way

Shadow returned with their drinks. "Nothing too strong don't worry. I fully intend to walk out of here." After Rouge saw the report she jumped up and sprinted out of her room and down to the beach, then tried to remember where the bar was.

Group picture guys! I want to remember this