The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Dylan was about to begin drawing Scourge being beaten up when Skye yelled 'dad.' For some reason unknown to him, he became nervous about Locke seeing him the way he was and turned himself invisible

"Yeah. Though I think Ziona will be back quickest. She does seem the most adult of them," said Harmony.

------------

Miles entered the kitchen from the other door, saw the paper scattered around, but couldn't see the kids. He shook his head and was about to leave to look elsewhere.

------------

Melody gave a cruse as it turned out her random character was a slow lumbering fighter. She started moving it towards Shadow's cyborg, mashing buttons.

Dylan then noticed Miles come in. He grinned and made his way towards him quickly. Then when Miles' back was turned he made himself visible

"SURPRISE!" He shouted

Miles gave a, somewhat girly, scream at Dylan shout.

"Yikes. Don't do that Dylan," he said spinning around. "I need to remember to can hide like that!"

"I sure hope so."

-----

"Stay back, your character's slow but powerful, and they can block the cannon shots, unlike mine," said Hope as her ninja threw some shurikens at the cyborg.

Dylan fell to the floor in a giggling fit

"You scream like a girl!" he said somewhat taunting him

"In any case it certainly won't be permanent," said Harmony.

---------

"What's the point of that? If I can't block, how can I actually do anything against him?" asked Melody

"I know, but it's still something I could do without. Good thing i have backup coming tomorrow."

-----

"No, I said your character can block. Mine can't, so I have to dodge... no!" Hope gave a shriek as Shadow did a combo that meant her ninja was punched a few times then stuffed into and fired out of the cannon across the screen, taking him down to half health.

"As you can probably guess this isn't the most serious of fighting games," said Shadow.

"I do not," said Miles indignantly.

-------------

"Just make sure they know to avoid going swimming," said Harmony.

-------------

"Oh, okay," said Melody, trying at attack again. "It does seem a little... unbalanced..."

Dylan sat up grinning

"Yes you did! Yes you did!" he taunted. "I heard you!"

"No I didn't," said Miles crossing his arms.

"Yes you did!" Dylan said mimicking Miles and crossing his arms too

"Did not. Did NOT," snapped Miles.

"Don't worry, they'll be fully briefed."

----

"Once you get used to a a character it isn't," explained Hope. "Maybe we should do a few practice ones so you can find a character you like." Melody's character swing at the cyborg and knocked it to the edge of the screen where it bounced back and gave Hope the opportunity to perform a sword combo with her ninja.

"And that won't cause to flee in terror?" joked Harmony.

------------

"Yeah, I think I chose the wrong character," said Melody as the armored figure dangerously attacked the air.

Dylan backed away a little in fright at Miles' reaction

"See," said Miles as Dylan backed off. "I did not. But, uh... sorry for scaring you Dylan."

Dylan crossed his arms huffily

"You did too" he said. He clearly wasn't happy about Miles scaring him

"No, apparently they have a guy whose specialty is dealing with magic."

----

"Yeah, you need something faster." On screen, the cyborg fired a barrage into the air which began coming back down across the screen in a line.

"No I... Look, I'm sorry Dylan. Can we just drop it?" said Miles.

---------------

"They should have sent him in the first place. Maybe he knows a dispel or two..." pondered Harmony.

---------------

"Yeah I... what the heck was that!" Melody exclaimed as the attack hit her character.

Dylan looked at Miles for a minute as if he was thinking about it. Then he grinned and hugged Miles

"OK. If you want to" he said

"I don't think he's a magic caster. Or maybe he is, I'm not in the loop about these things."

-----

"It's a move that cyborg can do. Now do you see why Shadow picked him?"

"You will both need it I think ." Corrected Glen.

------------------

"Skye , but..... Why are you smaller all of a sudden ? Don't tell me you played with magic again...." Locke was more worried than angry.

----------

"For now , let's just move on."

"Smwaller, AND a lwynx!" grinned Skye. "But... I thwough Annwa went to twell you. Harmoee pwushed me into the swimmwing pwool which had becwome encantwed! Dwylan and Zwiona fwell in too!"

--------------

"Thank's Dylan," said Miles hugging back. "Just not a subject I want to talk about. Now, where's Skye, and what were you going to draw?"

--------------

"You'll find out soon," said Harmony.

-------------

"Yeah, I do," said Melody, still struggling.

------------

"Okay. What do you want to talk about?" asked Anna.

------------

"Yeah, you're probably right Glen," said Ziona. "Shall we go back to Haven now?"

"Yeah. I've got absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do now. I'll end up flipping f I try to hanlde those 'kids'."

-----

The ninja delivered a few more slashes to the cyborg before being backhanded off the stage.

"Aww come on! That's me out, good luck Melody."