The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

Skye slowly began to smile.

"Yeah, I cwan do thwose thwings to," he said. Then Skye looked down to where Miles was sitting at the base of the tree. "What's he dowing down thwere?"

Dylan looked down

"He's sitting!" He said. "We're gonna do a surprise for him!"

"Ooooooooh! What kinda suwrpwrise?" asked Skye excitedly.

"Well, we're gonna take him to the amusement park by the hotel. He said he thought it looked fun and we want him to have fun and act less like a boring grownup" Dylan said excitedly

"Thwat would be gwreat fwun. The pwark is a rweally rweally gwreat place!" said Skye enthusiastically. He glanced down at Miles. "Yeah, he nweeds to remewmber to be a pwroper kwid agwain now he's not on Mwoebwius."

Glen wasn't hearing his radio . Ziona would have to try again.

---------------------------------

"I know ,Anna. But I'm sure Melody would still like it none the less."

Ziona sighed and shouted into her radio. "OI! GLENY! ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?"

--------------

"You don't have to say anything Hope," smiled Melody. 'Seriously, we really don't need to sayanything to each other,' she thought as a joke!

--------------

Anna laughed. "Yeah, I guess she would. Wouldn't surprises me if she's trying to get Hope to build that into her wheelchair or something."

"Yeah! And we can have fun with him!" Dylan said very eager for it. "Oh, and he also said he liked tinkering with machines and experimenting with magic. You like doing that so maybe you two could do a bit together so he can do more fun after that!"

"YeahYeahYeah! Plwaywing with magwic and machwines is rweally rweally fun. You shwould twry it Dwylan!" said Skye.

--------------

'Aren't I always?' thought Melody, clearly joking. 'Hmm, maybe this link is why we can teach each other so well.'

"Actually," said out loud Melody glancing back at the orb, "do you want me to teach you a bit more magic now? Like that detect magic spell I just used on the Orb? It could be handy to know, and if I'm teaching you your Commander will have less reason to yell at us!"

Melody laughed. "Don't worry. We haven't had any Milkshakes today so we should be fine. At least, I haven't! Have you? Stressful job and all that..." Melody teased.

"Great. Okay then... Got a piece of paper for me to write the worlds on, and, erm... Maybe we shouldn't do it near the orb, just in case the strong reading overwhelms you until you're used to it," suggested Melody.

Hope handed Melody a piece of paper and a pen and moved her to the other side of the lab. "Good idea."

"Yeah. Now then, when you cast this spell you can either concentrate on a specific thing, or just get a feel of the area. For now... hmm, I know, try concentrating on the amulets that Skye gave us. If you get the spell right, you'll get a feeling of whether there is magic present, and how powerful it is. I, uh, can't explain it better than that, it's hard to explain the feeling." Melody finished writing on the paper and walked over to the other side of the lab, handing it to hope and pulling out her amulet so it was sitting on top of her t-shirt.

"There's another element to the spell as well. You'll be able to tell the type of magic, or, at least, you will be able to once you know what each of the different magic feels likes. It will be tied into one of your senses. Sight is the most common, seeing magic stuff glowing different colours, but it might be different, like smell or taste. I 'hear' different notes depending on the type of magic," Melody explained.

"Ok, I understand that. Here it goes." Hope read out the spell and tried to get a feel of the magic in the amulet.

"Anything?" asked Melody intrigued.

"I'm seeing some blue, and I can feel some fairly light magic there, nothing powerful."

"That's a great start, spot on." said Melody happily. "Now we'll need to work out which colours you see different types of magic as. This amulet uses... Blast, I can't remember the actual name of this type, but it's about relegating and enhancing the futions of a person. Kinda close to transmutation but not quite. "

Melody looked around. "Do you have a pencil for the next stage?"

Hope fumbled around in her pocket then pulled out a pencil which she handed to Melody. "Here you go."

"Great, now then..." Melody put the pencil on the table and, with a quick spell, an identical pencil appeared next to it. "This new pencil is an illusion. It's not really there," said Melody, poking her finger through it for emphasis. The she cast a spell on the original pencil, turning it into a wooden dice.

"There you go. An illusion spell and a transformation spell. See if you can tell the difference. "

Dylan shook his head

"I can't do magic and your better with tech than I am, so it would be for fun for you" he said smiling

Hope redid the spell and focused. "The illusion is giving off... green, and the transformation red."