The Jest

Role-Play Mania v2.0

62312 posts in this topic

"Do you have something I can send it to, and if so what?"

"For me to even get a little drunk I'd have to drink what would be more than a lethal amount of alcohol for a normal person. As for the dream whiskey, I don't think so."

"Maybe, But if you still pass out of the floor, it won't do any good." Said Locke. "did anyone hear someone shouting? I think Glen is in more trouble than we think."

"Unless he's getting mauled by a human in a striped sweater who's wearing an old fedora, I'm sure he'll be fine. And don't worry, I won't be passing out anytime soon," said Shadow.nonchalantly.

"Let's still take a look. Last time we didn't care, it ended up biting us back."

(ooc: actually, only Skye and Ziona worrying about Glen makes sense, as they are the only two who have an idea how vulnerable Glen actually is. And Skye only has a vauge idea, while Ziona isn't really in the right mind to process things properly.)

"Well, no," Skye replied sadly. "But... hang on, this dreamworld is mutable, so combine that with some summoning magic." Skye concentrated for a moment, and suddenly a hand-held computer popped into existence in his hand. "There we go. Can you get a lock on that Dylan?"

"It's just a dream Dad, it's not like anything can really happen to us, either Glen getting in trouble or Shadow getting drunk."

"I'm gonna find Glen," said Ziona suddenly. "He's my friend, I'm gonna help him." She started running up the stair.

"Wait!" cried Skye, heading after her, "not until we find out what's going on!"

--------------------

"I know that Red, so if you can appear how you want, why do you want to look like your in you're 50's or something? I went back to normal as soon as I realised this whole thing wasn't real."

"Listen to Melody, Locke. When she's right, she's right," said Shadow.

"Do you want a drink or anything Melody? Not the whiskey obviously, but as this is a dream we may as well make the most of its malleability," he continued.

"Malleability huh...? Hmm, I wonder how far that can stretch?" Melody closed her eyes, and a few moments later the walls, floors and stairs of the room began to warp and distort.

Shadow looked around and saw everything distort.

"What have you got planned here?" he asked inquisitively.

"Nothing... really... specific... Just... testing.. the... boundaries..." gasped Melody. She fell to her knees and the distortion stopped, the hotel room now resembling an M C Escher sketch.

"Whew, how can I feel exhausted in a dream?" she asked rhetorically. "I just played around with gravity, angles, stuff like that. Just limited this room though, didn't want to risk anything more."

Shadow swiftly came over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you OK?" he asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"I think it'd be best if you take it easy. It seems the machine reacts when someone tries to exert their influence over the dream. A fail-safe mechanism if you will, though I imagine small things go under the radar," he said as a soft drink can appeared in his hand.

"I think I'm okay, thanks Shadow," Melody replied, getting to her feet a little shakily. "But I can't say more than that. This machine's got into my head before, so I might not be okay, and just think I am."

"Well before you know it we'll have taken this thing out and you won't have to worry about anyone messing with your head." After saying this Shadow clutched his head, clearly in pain.

"Guess I jinxed it, huh?" he said, trying to save face.

"I don't think it's a machine we're plugged into, otherwise one of us would have woken before we were all affected! Are you sure you're okay? Does anything seem different to how it did a few seconds ago?"

"By take it out I meant destroy it. I know there isn't anything inside us. And I should be fine. Just best not to talk about escape."

"Sorry, I misunderstood. Guess that answers if it's still messing with my head or not!"

"It's fine Melody. Do you want this drink or would you prefer something else? I may as well make my self useful. You are technically still a princess after all."

Melody grinned and put on a mock royal-voice. "Why thank you my faithful manservant. This beverage will do nicely. No need to bow!"

Shadow handed it over and laughed.

"Certainly Your Majesty. Why do I have a feeling that's what Rouge was like to me in her dream?"

"Heh heh. I'm surprised she wasn't making you wear a butler's outfit!"

"Okay, I've sent it to you now," Dylan said through the radio. "Have you got it?"

(ooc: let's end this.)

Glen didn't know Zionna was actually there now.

"You are no hero. your talent lies.... elsewhere.." Said The baron."But as the lies stacked up and stacked up, and you couldn't eventually deny the truth much longer, you did something else completely : You created your own."

"That's Not real, that's a Lie."

"You are right.There is a lie." The world around the balcony was slowly fading to black, leaving only Glen, The baron, and an hidden Zionna. "I am here, because you wanted it. You needed someone to blame, And You chose me. A dead Man."

Glen simply followed the baron.

"But a lie..Cannot last forever, like this dream, can it? So I'm going to end it Glen. After all, you are the only one left." The Baron aimed his weapon a Glen, who did the same in return. "Now back to the counting. Remember, I'll only pull the trigger at 5. No sooner, no later."

"That's not real, that's in my head...."

"Or maybe it's in Mine. ONE."

"Everything , everyone... This was your own fault; you got us all here in the first time!"

"You believe it, then shoot me. Two."

"I didn't mean...I never wanted to hurt anybody... I wanted to help..."

"Everyone here wanted the same .Three"

Glen couldn't find the world, holding on to his sidearm.

"Four"

Glen still said nothing.

"Is this really what you want? Are you really lost that far?" Said The baron, using his concerned voiced, on last time.

Glen was silent.

"So be it."

BANG

The shot could be heard everywhere in the whole room.

----------------------------------------------------------

"This is probably the most intersting thing I have ever seen with you Shadow." Said Locke."But your patience there is remarkable, especially with one like mel-... What was that?"

------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe I like it this way... As it make me look more mature."

"I've got it," replied Skye as he headed up the stairs. "But it might... Hey, what's with all the blackness?" Skye asked as the shot rang out. Ziona gave a scream and turned to run, instead colliding with Skye, causing the two of them to topple over.

-----------

"I think the dream world might have gotten tired of us plotting," said Melody

----------

"You want to look this way? Huh, the more we talk, the more I'm thinking your aren't Red. Just someone who looks like her."

"I don't want to look this way. But I got so tired that I just don't care anymore...."

------------------------------------------------------------

glen was the one shooting, aiming at the celing, before dropping his gun, and falling to his knee. The world was coming back to normal...Or as normal as it once was.

"Some tries to deny what's in front of them.Some tries to fight it. But few have to power to accept it. To accept a part of responsabilities in such event, To accept the truth.... Long ago, you would have shot me."

"I guess I grew old and weary."

"This is supposed to be my line." Said Baron, smiling once again."You grew wise..... Terrible things happenned, but after all that, after all these fight, You can at least go home.It's time Glen."

"But home... To who? This time, I'm completely alone..."

The baron looked at Glen."I think I saw a little girl running away when you shot at the ceiling. Maybe you should check up on her."

"Zionna !" Glen was terrified. He had it hard enough, but even then, he didn't want anyone else to suffer from the situation...

"Don't worry , she is fine. As long as you'll be there, she'll be fine. I just hope she'll does the same for you."

"Baron..."

"Like I said, It's over Glen. You made it where I found my downfall. Go home. You successfully held the line. Goodbye."

Glen is alone. Alone on this balcony.